Wii U Forum

Topic: Will Wii U take off this winter season?

Showing 281 to 300 of 384

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

281. Posted:

feline2 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

"Nintendo is always and historically the highest-scoring first-party entity." - @RallyDefault  Oh really?!?!  Well on PS3 there are 47games (some 1st party, some 3rd, all playable on ps3) that rated 90+ from meticritic(a game review consolidation site).  47 games in 7 years of ps3 which comes to 6.7 games per year that had 90+ consolidated score or higher, playable on the ps3.  

360 had 48 games in 8years which comes to 6 games per year at 90+ rating.

The Wii had 14 games in 7 years which comes out to 2 90+ rated games per year.

The Wii U has zero games rated 90+ .

So @RallyDefault you were saying about highest rated games?

Wii U meticritic
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available...

360 meticritic
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available...

PS3 meticritic
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available...

Wii meticritic
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/wi...

He did say first party so check this out
Nintendo:
http://www.metacritic.com/company/nintendo?filter-options=gam...

Microsoft Game Studio:
http://www.metacritic.com/company/microsoft-game-studios

SCEA:
http://www.metacritic.com/company/scea

im sorry really metacritic. sony and microsoft buy there reviews and half the time they lower the score because of wii controls(saying its not hardcore) they are like ign but worst and everyone even ign gave pikmin and wonderful 101 high scores.

and @Sony_70 over a large part of the gaming community are pc gamers so what do you mean(plus almost all nintendo gamers own a gaming PC) p.s it makes you look biased with a name like that.

I mean the general consumer which buys consoles and keeps PCs a non starter for the mainstrem. PC is awesome but at the end of the day.

I better never ever say traditional PC gaming is dying ever again. It was meant as a general comment on consumer trends. Consumers don't go into stores to buy desktop PCs for gaming, they buy apps from the App Store or consoles.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

282. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Now one thing I needed to point out, people need to stop assuming that the key for Wii U to win is to get as many multi-console games as possible.
Having those unquestionably make the console look more varied and are a good thing, but let's be honest, even if Wii U becomes a big deal after this holiday season, how many of these games will be popular on Nintendo?

Having poorly selling 3rd party titles can be far worse for the company than not having those games at all. What they should be doing is focusing on helping a few of the big multi-console titles be successful (especially from Ubisoft), and the rest on using their own brand name to, in some way or another, work with less gigantic companies to elevate their games to mainstream popularity. That way they not only have more 3rd party games that people buy, but potentially more exclusive ones and from companies that have a reason to be grateful to Nintendo specifically.

I'm not sure if this is a big insight or not, but at least it does make sense to me.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

283. Posted:

Anyone disappointed and astonished that we honestly have only one exclusive game on Wii U that uses Nintendo Network for online multiplayer.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PokeTune

284. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Now one thing I needed to point out, people need to stop assuming that the key for Wii U to win is to get as many multi-console games as possible.
Having those unquestionably make the console look more varied and are a good thing, but let's be honest, even if Wii U becomes a big deal after this holiday season, how many of these games will be popular on Nintendo?

Having poorly selling 3rd party titles can be far worse for the company than not having those games at all. What they should be doing is focusing on helping a few of the big multi-console titles be successful (especially from Ubisoft), and the rest on using their own brand name to, in some way or another, work with less gigantic companies to elevate their games to mainstream popularity. That way they not only have more 3rd party games that people buy, but potentially more exclusive ones and from companies that have a reason to be grateful to Nintendo specifically.

I'm not sure if this is a big insight or not, but it sure does make sense to me.

Not to me. Honestly why would any Nintendo gamer not want 3rd party titles? Have we learned nothing from the last 3 console generations? Having multiplats will help give the console more value to both the public and games alike, not having them leaves you with a valueless(for now anyway) console ala Wii U.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SRankSaturdays/feed
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Halo:Master Chief Collection
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

285. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Anyone disappointed and astonished that we honestly have only one exclusive game on Wii U that uses Nintendo Network for online multiplayer.

Very.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

286. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Anyone disappointed and astonished that we honestly have only one exclusive game on Wii U that uses Nintendo Network for online multiplayer.

Very.

Which game?

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

287. Posted:

Halo 10/10... Buy Doritos and Mountain Dew... Eat and play good... Fill my bank account with credits ;)
Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

288. Posted:

@PokeTune
'Multiplats' don't sell consoles though, as that honor belongs to big exclusives (Mario and friends).
The way I see it, once Nintendo's big hitters are out in the wild third parties will see Nintendo's console as a viable platform.
As @kkslider5552000 describes it, we can take that kind of support for granted - once the console gains traction.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

289. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Anyone disappointed and astonished that we honestly have only one exclusive game on Wii U that uses Nintendo Network for online multiplayer.

Very.

Which game?

Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate is the only exclusive that uses online for play.

@OptometristLime

I'd consider The Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy XV next gen exclusives as console sellers.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

290. Posted:

You know what? At this point we aren't even getting games that should be a guarantee. To be honest, I'm seeing this heading towards the Wii in that regard. I'm really hoping I'm wrong because I bought my Wii in '07 and in '12 I had exactly eight games. Seven of which were first party. That is ridiculous.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

291. Posted:

@Sony_70
Final Fantasy XV isn't exclusive. Most of the games we saw at Sony's conference are going to be on Xbox One, too.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

292. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Halo 10/10... Buy Doritos and Mountain Dew... Eat and play good... Fill my bank account with credits ;)
http://gregorulm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/GeoffKeighley...

I find the whole games media to be too close to the industry they report on. With big AAA's the media may sometimes get paid off or just want to get a job in the industry. In the case of indies its hard to take reviews seriously when your friends with these guys. Even when the media is known for being fair and passionate it comes off as a bit off. I love Super NVC but seeing Rich and Audury basicly get jobs at nintendo leaves me feeling weird. I find the IGN playstation team to be too damn close to sony even if shows how down to earth they are. Those brahs might as well.just join or replace the PlayStation blog.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

293. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

You know what? At this point we aren't even getting games that should be a guarantee. To be honest, I'm seeing this heading towards the Wii in that regard. I'm really hoping I'm wrong because I bought my Wii in '07 and in '12 I had exactly eight games. Seven of which were first party. That is ridiculous.

Like what? If you only had 8 Wii games, you just weren't looking. The Wii remote was the draw to that console, and there were still plenty of games.
MadWorld, Dead Space Extraction, No More Heroes, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, RedSteel 2, BlastWorks, De Blob, etc. There was still alot of 3rd party games worth mentioning.

Wii was my only console until '09, so I knew what was up. Also, Xbox 360 and PS3 started having way better games around the time of the slim versions.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

294. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
Final Fantasy XV isn't exclusive. Most of the games we saw at Sony's conference are going to be on Xbox One, too.

Exclusive to the PS4/Xbox One.

He said multiplats aren't console sellers and I'd argue the games I listed have at least put those two as my front runners for now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

295. Posted:

@Sony_70

You're joking about the PC, right? Right? You do know that World of Warcraft, like it or hate it, is the highest-grossing video game of all time? Right? And you say the "majority" of the market "doesn't care" about PC gaming? Consoles are stripped-down versions of PCs. The "next-gen" games you saw at E3 were running on PCs. Your "next-gen" consoles are already less powerful than the PC I'm typing this comment on.

You wouldn't even have consoles to play right now if it wasn't for PCs (and yes, early Macintosh comps as well). Also - most gamers build their own PCs, my friend, they don't buy one from Dell or HP. So, in a weird way, your quoted comment is true. YES, you won't see most gamers walk into a Best Buy to pick up a gaming desktop, because that's just ridiculous. You WILL have gamers ordering parts from Newegg and such to build their own rig. Some of the most knowledgeable and passionate gamers, to boot, to put in so much time and effort into their hobby. AND, Witcher 3 is going to be on PC as well, therefore it's not a "console exclusive."

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

296. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

@Sony_70

You're joking about the PC, right? Right? You do know that World of Warcraft, like it or hate it, is the highest-grossing video game of all time? Right? And you say the "majority" of the market "doesn't care" about PC gaming? Consoles are stripped-down versions of PCs. The "next-gen" games you saw at E3 were running on PCs. Your "next-gen" consoles are already less powerful than the PC I'm typing this comment on.

You wouldn't even have consoles to play right now if it wasn't for PCs (and yes, early Macintosh comps as well). Also - most gamers build their own PCs, my friend, they don't buy one from Dell or HP. So, in a weird way, your quoted comment is true. YES, you won't see most gamers walk into a Best Buy to pick up a gaming desktop, because that's just ridiculous. You WILL have gamers ordering parts from Newegg and such to build their own rig. Some of the most knowledgeable and passionate gamers, to boot, to put in so much time and effort into their hobby. AND, Witcher 3 is going to be on PC as well, therefore it's not a "console exclusive."

WoW may be the highest grossing game of all time, but that doesn't mean the market for PC games is bigger than console games.

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

297. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

You know what? At this point we aren't even getting games that should be a guarantee. To be honest, I'm seeing this heading towards the Wii in that regard. I'm really hoping I'm wrong because I bought my Wii in '07 and in '12 I had exactly eight games. Seven of which were first party. That is ridiculous.

Like what? If you only had 8 Wii games, you just weren't looking. The Wii remote was the draw to that console, and there were still plenty of games.
MadWorld, Dead Space Extraction, No More Heroes, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, RedSteel 2, BlastWorks, De Blob, etc. There was still alot of 3rd party games worth mentioning.

Wii was my only console until '09, so I knew what was up. Also, Xbox 360 and PS3 started having way better games around the time of the slim versions.

Well excuse me for not having time to spend five hours a day researching niche titles that were barely marketed. I bought De Blob, someone stole it. I'm not a big fan of FPS', I couldn't find No More Heroes anywhere, I didn't like the first Red Steel so I didn't buy 2. Not to mention the fact that I'm a teenager at a minimum wage job, so I don't exactly have the budget to take leaps of faith on games I've never heard of.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

298. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

@Sony_70

You're joking about the PC, right? Right? You do know that World of Warcraft, like it or hate it, is the highest-grossing video game of all time? Right? And you say the "majority" of the market "doesn't care" about PC gaming? Consoles are stripped-down versions of PCs. The "next-gen" games you saw at E3 were running on PCs. Your "next-gen" consoles are already less powerful than the PC I'm typing this comment on.

You wouldn't even have consoles to play right now if it wasn't for PCs (and yes, early Macintosh comps as well). Also - most gamers build their own PCs, my friend, they don't buy one from Dell or HP. So, in a weird way, your quoted comment is true. YES, you won't see most gamers walk into a Best Buy to pick up a gaming desktop, because that's just ridiculous. You WILL have gamers ordering parts from Newegg and such to build their own rig. Some of the most knowledgeable and passionate gamers, to boot, to put in so much time and effort into their hobby. AND, Witcher 3 is going to be on PC as well, therefore it's not a "console exclusive."

Oh don't get me wrong dude I've built my own PC from scratch but it doesn't change the fact that consumer behavior for better or worse is changing. Also gamers being passionate about the platform or where console orgins don't change the reality of the situation. With that Logic blackberry wouldn't be a husk of a company.I like PC gaming hell I was playing Thomas was alone on steam today but the vast majority of the marketshare doesn't care. Hell I'm technlogically adept and I;ve gotten rid of my gaming PC for a Tablet and a Ultrabook and those are the markets that are growing while the PC market is dwindling.

I don't think that the hardcore passionate fans who build PCs and built up steam and GOG will go away, but looking at the amrket as a whole PC gaming is becoming a slowly growing niche, and will stay that way barring steambox splashing in the market.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

299. Posted:

feline2 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

"Nintendo is always and historically the highest-scoring first-party entity." - @RallyDefault  Oh really?!?!  Well on PS3 there are 47games (some 1st party, some 3rd, all playable on ps3) that rated 90+ from meticritic(a game review consolidation site).  47 games in 7 years of ps3 which comes to 6.7 games per year that had 90+ consolidated score or higher, playable on the ps3.  

360 had 48 games in 8years which comes to 6 games per year at 90+ rating.

The Wii had 14 games in 7 years which comes out to 2 90+ rated games per year.

The Wii U has zero games rated 90+ .

So @RallyDefault you were saying about highest rated games?

Wii U meticritic
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available...

360 meticritic
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available...

PS3 meticritic
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available...

Wii meticritic
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/wi...

He did say first party so check this out
Nintendo:
http://www.metacritic.com/company/nintendo?filter-options=gam...

Microsoft Game Studio:
http://www.metacritic.com/company/microsoft-game-studios

SCEA:
http://www.metacritic.com/company/scea

im sorry really metacritic. sony and microsoft buy there reviews and half the time they lower the score because of wii controls(saying its not hardcore) they are like ign but worst and everyone even ign gave pikmin and wonderful 101 high scores.

and @Sony_70 over a large part of the gaming community are pc gamers so what do you mean(plus almost all nintendo gamers own a gaming PC) p.s it makes you look biased with a name like that.

I agree, that is why I don't I personally don't trust reviews. I was just using his own source against him.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

300. Posted:

I didn't realize this was a matter of Metacritic opinion...

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky