Forums

Topic: Will Wii U take off this winter season?

Posts 141 to 160 of 327

shingi_70

That makes sense. I;m guessing Steel Diver and whatever Miyamoto was working on as well.

Really wish Nintendo would have decided to go to Gamescom this year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ryno

Sony_70 wrote:

Have to say despite this and being $500 the Xbox One is looking to be the console to beat on games alone.

I found the Xbox One launch list to be pretty meh personally. Nothing there that would make me happy about spending $500+. I probably will have a similar attitude toward the PS4's launch lineup too. I'm just over the brown depressing apocalyptic settings frequently featured in the games of today.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Gamer83

I've got the PS4 pre-ordered and I've always loved Nintendo's first party games and know the selling power they have, and there's no doubt the Wii U sales will pick up this holiday. That out of the way, I've got to admit, Xbox One is the system to beat. Yes, it's $500 and MS' initial plans were complete garbage but looking just strictly at games the X1's day-one library is fantastic. It crushes what the U had and I'm not sure Sony can match it as far as quantity. I'll wait until the end of Gamescom before saying I made a major mistake but MS is off to a great start and no matter what the other two have coming out this fall, I expect at least in North America, Xbox One will easily be the next-gen sales leader.

Gamer83

Dreamsleep

Gamer83 wrote:

I've got the PS4 pre-ordered and I've always loved Nintendo's first party games and know the selling power they have, and there's no doubt the Wii U sales will pick up this holiday. That out of the way, I've got to admit, Xbox One is the system to beat. Yes, it's $500 and MS' initial plans were complete garbage but looking just strictly at games the X1's day-one library is fantastic. It crushes what the U had and I'm not sure Sony can match it as far as quantity. I'll wait until the end of Gamescom before saying I made a major mistake but MS is off to a great start and no matter what the other two have coming out this fall, I expect at least in North America, Xbox One will easily be the next-gen sales leader.

You are out of your mind. PS4 pre-orders are almost 3 to 1 in every territory. And, Sony just announced that they have 1 million pre-orders. This means, at best, the XBone is at 333,000 pre-orders worldwide. Europe is Sony territory (console comparison of Sony to Microsoft, excluding Nintendo). Japan is dominated by Sony (again, this is a comparison of Sony to Microsoft in the console war only)...Microsoft barely exists here. The US has been Microsoft's bread and butter, but with their initial botched launch, and backpedaling, it has damaged the brand.

No one knows how things will go, but if Sony cant match Microsoft this gen, after the horrific launch they had with the PS3, how do you think the PS4 will fare? Saying that Microsoft is the system to beat doesn't even make sense.

And, as for quantity, Sony has more first party developers, and titles in development. It's no different now, than it was in the 360/PS3 era. As for quality, that is subjective. But, I am a fan of Sony's games.

I will have to say, though, that Fable Legends does look interesting. Titanfall, too, to a lesser extent...but that's not a first party game, and it's a timed exclusive. The really interesting thing is the fractured FPS community, and the further dispersion of it's gamers. Where will they go, and to what game? I know a lot of people who used to game exclusively on the 360, who were turned off by the initial reveal of the XBone. Now, what game are they going to go to, though? COD: Ghosts, Titanfall, Destiny, Killzone: Shadowfall, The Division, or Battlefield 4? Really interesting times, there.

All that being said, Nintendo has a tough road ahead of them, even with the Wind Waker HD bundle, at $350. I'm considering getting a PS4, before I get a WiiU, and I hardly ever get systems at launch, or even close to launch. The last one I did, I believe, was the Dreamcast, lol.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

kkslider5552000

Gamer83 wrote:

lolno

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Ryno wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Have to say despite this and being $500 the Xbox One is looking to be the console to beat on games alone.

I found the Xbox One launch list to be pretty meh personally. Nothing there that would make me happy about spending $500+. I probably will have a similar attitude toward the PS4's launch lineup too. I'm just over the brown depressing apocalyptic settings frequently featured in the games of today.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Brown shooters indeed.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

lolno

I personally think that Nintendo's the worst of the three game line ups overall, I don't think the Xbone will win the day. Nintendo has the advantge of having stuff now while the stuff people want the most on PS4/Xbox One are next year.

WAT!

Ryno

@Sony_70: $500+ to play those or games with worlds set in brown depressing apocalyptic settings? No thank you.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

moomoo

Ryno wrote:

@Sony_70: $500+ to play those or games with worlds set in brown depressing apocalyptic settings? No thank you.

Of the launch titles on Xbox One, there doesn't seem to be much brown... I can somewhat see your sentiment when it comes to Ryse, COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and maybe Dead Rising 3 (which still seems to have lots of silliness if the servbot heads are any indication), but the rest of the lineup seems pretty colorful and varied. So not even one fifth of the launch lineup you seem to have problems with. If you are solely looking at the color pallete in some of the parts of the game.

I could see a person having problems with how there aren't many launch games you can't play on 360 and PS3 too, or the sports and dance games, but not when it comes to brown, apocolyptic games. Especially since the only apocolyptic game on launch for the Xbox One is Dead Rising 3.

Have you actually seen the launch lineup, @Ryno? It doesn't sound like it if that's your reasoning for discounting it.

As for the topic at hand, I really doubt Nintendo will sell the Wii U in the numbers they want. Which is 12 million total units by March. Which leaves them with more than 8 million left to sell to meet their goal. I hope they meet it, though. I want this system to be successful.
We all seem to have a different idea of what it means to take off.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

faint

I think it's already starting (a very slow start). It feels like the Wii U launched with Pikmin and everything else was in a pre-launch period. Well in terms of first Party games. By the way the North America numbers for Pikmin's first week just came out. It's number one at about 115,000. Not bad for Pikmin in one region.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Ryno

Hey @moomoo, Yes I have seen the Xbox One launch lineup and that is why I disagreed when I orginally read @Sony_70’s opinion “Have to say despite this and being $500 the Xbox One is looking to be the console to beat on games alone.” Admittedly, I was probably being a little bit to general with the brown apocalypse games and I too fall victim to lazy Internet cliché’s from time to like in this case when I lumped Ryse, COD, Battlefield, that description. Anyway, I am jglad that Nintendo is doing their own thing and I have the option to switch to playing on my GamePad on the fly when another member of my family wants to use the TV.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

rallydefault

I just saw the PS4's launch-window titles. I like Nintendo and everything, but I'm mainly a PC gamer and consider myself mostly platform agnostic when it comes to consoles (still between PS4 or Xbone), but MAN that launch list is boring - it's a whole bunch of third-party stuff available on all platforms plus Drive Club, Killzone, and Knack. Whoopteedoo. And everyone said the Wii U had a bad launch lineup? Please reevaluate. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of that going on when these new consoles launch.

rallydefault

shingi_70

Even considering the Zelda Wind Waker bundle that will be announced next month I think the Wii U is a hard sale compared to the PS4. The Wii U could really do with a pretty decent price cut to make the gap more noticeable.

WAT!

faint

Meh I don't care about the console wars. I think the wii u will out sell the Game Cube and 64. That's all I care about.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

lolno

I personally think that Nintendo's the worst of the three game line ups overall

Nintendo has games that you can't just get on PC or PS4 instead so I can't agree.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dark_Link

Nintendo has seen an increase in Wii U sales in all regions since the release of Pikmin 3. I feel the system will start getting a more consistent bump in sales when Sonic and the Zelda bundle are released.

Dark_Link

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

lolno

I personally think that Nintendo's the worst of the three game line ups overall

Nintendo has games that you can't just get on PC or PS4 instead so I can't agree.

Well availability of the games doesn't factor into if a lineup is better than others or not. I could name PS4 games that won't be going to the other consoles or PC's as well. I do agree if you have a gaming PC than a Wii U is a logical next step. However me like most of the mass market aren't PC gamers and in the race for Consoles I find Nintendo has the least diverse line up of both first and third party content.

Still a good line up mind you and speaks to the strength of all three next gen consoles to be honest.

WAT!

shingi_70

We get a brah you have a hard one for quote on quote non genric games (despite all of nintendo's art styles this fall blending together or doing nothing truly new) and control styles that nintendo hasn't even shown any merit in.

If you think those art styles are generic I fear what you think is Unique.

WAT!

MAB

Sony_70 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Xenoblade ripoff
Untitled
Wind Waker clone
Untitled
Old Nintendo fighter that failed against Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken & Virtua Fighter
Untitled
W101 copy
Untitled
Wii Sports/Wave Race 64
Untitled

The same tired and boring games I can play right now on .

MAB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.