Forums

Topic: Will we finally get a true sequel to 1999's Donkey Kong 64? or 1997's Star Fox 64? (Retro Studios)

Posts 1 to 20 of 24

JetForceSetGrind

It's been more than 13 years and still there hasn't been another 3D Donkey Kong. Could you imagine a greatly expanded open-world DK island in 3D? Turquoise waters, virtually no visible load times ala Metroid Prime and hopefully a bit less collecting and a bit more action (Diddy's dual peanut guns anyone?)

I'd also really be interested to see Retro Studios take the reigns of Star Fox.

JetForceSetGrind

arizvega

Yeah!!

SuperNES FAN!!!

ShadJV

I wish but Nintendo seems to have wanted to avoid 3D DK since Rare left. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong, I loved DK64.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Icarus423

It's probably just me, but I didn't like Donkey Kong 64 at all. I absolutely loved Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and was honestly disappointed by 64. I do however hope and pray that Retro is working on a NEW Star Fox game, or even a New Metroid game of sorts.

Icarus423

Nintendo Network ID: Icarus423

CerealKiller528

I prefer a Donkey Kong 64 sequel over a StarFox sequel. StarFox wasn't worth $40 on the 3DS and if anything, wouldn't be worth $60.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

rayword45

A. If you mean it was a lazy port... Sequel dude.
B. If you mean it was short, it's supposed to be about multiple playthroughs. That game is as deep as rail shooters get (if it can even be considered one)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

CerealKiller528

rayword45 wrote:

A. If you mean it was a lazy port... Sequel dude.
B. If you mean it was short, it's supposed to be about multiple playthroughs. That game is as deep as rail shooters get (if it can even be considered one)

Well after I beat it once, I stopped there. Not really a good game.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

rayword45

Eh, I can't say it's aged completely well, but it still stands decent enough, and like I said, for those who enjoy the gameplay, they get a load of content.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Chrono_Cross

So... you want either a mediocre Star Fox sequel (yet again), or a sequel to a mediocre N64 game?

I guess the saying "Pick your poison" is very appropriate for this thread.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

TysonOfTime

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I guess the saying "Pick your poison" is very appropriate for this thread.

Can't I just have all the poison? I find myself pretty immune to whatever seems to ail you.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

rayword45

^We can be hopeful over Star Fox, can we not? It took Sonic years to improve.

And they could improve Donkey Kong 64's worse mechanics. I'm pretty sure an expanded remake of Ninjabread Man could turn into a good game if they tried.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

SuperToad

The majority of my time on DK64 was spent on Jetpac and the arcade, SM64 was the better game. At least the Expansion Pak got used for Majora's Mask.

SuperToad

kkslider5552000

You know what we need? More "not good enough for Banjo Kazooie" levels to play through 5 times each! Including a water level!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

For Donkey Kong I sure hope not!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

The real answer is Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2.

I'm serious. That game was awesome and I will not hear a word that says otherwise.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ShaneM

Icarus423 wrote:

It's probably just me, but I didn't like Donkey Kong 64 at all. I absolutely loved Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and was honestly disappointed by 64.

It's not just you, that game is really unpopular with Donkey Kong fans.

pixelstream.org

Spoony_Tech

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm serious. That game was awesome and I will not hear a word that says otherwise.

You know I keep hearing that but the whole concept made me think lame music game. Is it really that good since I stayed far away from it?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

Tech101 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You know I keep hearing that but the whole concept made me think lame music game. Is it really that good since I stayed far away from it?

Are you mistaking Jungle Beat with Donkey Konga?

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

ShaneM

It's not a music game, it's a platformer. The Wii version doesn't even have bongo controls as an option.

pixelstream.org

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.