Wii U Forum

Topic: Will the Wii Fit U pedometer be able to used standalone.

Showing 1 to 17 of 17

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1. Posted:

Probably won't have a Wii U ntil next year but I really like the pedometer. So would it work Stand alone. (I assume it has to since it comes standalone.)

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Ryno

Ryno

2. Posted:

Checked the Nintendo.com site and I couldn't find anything concrete. I would assume so. Overall a pretty good deal though to get the game for free for a pretty functional peripheral for $20.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Sleepingmudkip

Sleepingmudkip

3. Posted:

it looks like the pokewalker Untitled hint hint it means pokemon X wii fit

WiiU
3DS XL
New 3DSXL

Tumblr

Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

4. Posted:

Pretty sure the reason you can get it standalone is so multiple people can use the feature on Wii Fit U. Fitness through competition, that's one of the main appeals of the game isn't it? Using it as a standalone device? I'm sure you can use it's main feature in that way..... although why wouldn't you just get one of those standard cheapo pedometers they have a $2 shops if that's what you wanted?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
willobee

willobee

5. Posted:

Yeah, you can buy it stand alone so multiple people have their own, or because you can download WiiFit and, well, you can't download the pedometer...

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
ogo79

ogo79

6. Posted:

pedometer?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

7. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

pedometer?

pedo = feet
meter = measure

Although don't get confused because this "pedo" is latin for foot. There's a word from ancient Greek which means "child" that sounds and is spelt the same. Nintendo aren't selling something that measures your children ;)

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher

8. Posted:

I will buy the thing to get Wii Fit U for free.

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
elstif

elstif

9. Posted:

skywake wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

pedometer?

pedo = feet
meter = measure

Although don't get confused because this "pedo" is latin for foot. There's a word from ancient Greek which means "child" that sounds and is spelt the same. Nintendo aren't selling something that measures your children ;)

lol
in spanish pedo=fart
Is that what you are trying to mesure Nintendo??

Leaving jokes behind, it is a great deal just buying this and then getting the game for free. I´ll defenitly take this option

Edited on by elstif

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

10. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Pretty sure the reason you can get it standalone is so multiple people can use the feature on Wii Fit U. Fitness through competition, that's one of the main appeals of the game isn't it? Using it as a standalone device? I'm sure you can use it's main feature in that way..... although why wouldn't you just get one of those standard cheapo pedometers they have a $2 shops if that's what you wanted?

Well I was going to get a Wii U by next year anyway and this is honestly on the top of my list as far as purchases go so I'd just get a Wii Fit U meter to use for now. Hoping I can find a black balance board somewhere.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

11. Posted:

SphericalCrusher wrote:

I will buy the thing to get Wii Fit U for free.

That is what I will be doing, I might have to buy a second one. One for me and one for my wife

Krystal (Star Fox) for Smash!!!!!
Splatfest:TEAM CATS!!!!
Owned Amiibo: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Bowser, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Ike, Samus, Rosalina, Fox, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Lucario, Charizard, Link, Zelda, Shiek, Toon Link, Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, Inkling Squid

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
rjejr

rjejr

12. Posted:

Where did that original photo of the 3 different colors come from? This being a Nintendo product I was afraid you would only be bale to use 1 pedometer per Wii U. For $20 I 'm buying 2, 1 for me, 1 for my wife. Then when I want my kids to get tired and go to bed we'll put them on them ad see who can jump around to burn up the most calories the fastest ;-)

I'm also looking forward to using it on my drives from NY to Michigan so I can see the altimeter timeline while we drive over the mountains. Though that will admittedly probably only be fun to do once.

As for the original question - why would you? 'm sure you can find a similar standalone or PC connected device much cheaper.

Placeholder sig until I come up with something clever to say.

AuthorMessage
Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

13. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

pedometer?

Activity Meter
Pedometers only track steps, and can be found in dollar stores.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics, Birthday_Boy
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

14. Posted:

My brother and I are going to go half-and-half on the pedometer. $10 from each of us. We're being cheap'os.
He was really excited about what the game offers(the simulated climbing scenarios, graphs, etc.), and we already have the balance board, so buying the cheap pedometer seals the deal.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

15. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

pedometer?

Activity Meter
Pedometers only track steps, and can be found in dollar stores.

Then it's a pedometer with an altimeter attached and an associated software package to display the results. Sophisticated or not it's still at it's core a pedometer. Plus a pedometer is really nothing more than a motion sensor, the same stuffs in a standard WiiMote, with electronics used to display "steps". This does that.... so it's a pedometer.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
ogo79

ogo79

16. Posted:

got some real scientists in here.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

17. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

got some real scientists in here.

[youtube:n6hxo1sC-dU]
(was going for the xkcd original but I thought this was better)

NNID: skywake