Forums

Topic: Will the earlier release of SSB4 for 3DS kill Wii U sales?

Posts 101 to 106 of 106

unrandomsam

IceClimbers wrote:

I don't think Pokemon will hurt Smash Wii U sales, and I don't think Smash 3DS will hurt Smash Wii U sales. I also don't think it will hurt Smash Wii U's system selling potential either.

Smash Wii U will likely flop in Japan, and it would have done so even if the 3DS version didn't exist. Home consoles are dead in Japan. Period.

Until the next main series (None MMO) Dragon Quest gets released (On a home console) its not certain. VIII sold 3,000,000 copies in the first week.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

GamecubeMan

I honestly think that it will only help it and if anything people will lean toward the console version due to graphics and more content.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

rockodoodle

GamecubeMan wrote:

I honestly think that it will only help it and if anything people will lean toward the console version due to graphics and more content.

Gonna guess that most people holding out for a Wii U- are the types that are waiting for this game and/or Zelda. For some, this, plus the library it has will be enough- for others, they will wait for Zelda. Maybe they could have gotten a few 3ds owners to take the plunge, who don't have a Wii U yet, but I am going to guess that most people who really like this game, either have a Wii u or will get one for this game. Hopefully the way the 3ds version interacts with the Wii U will also help sell, as will Amiibos.

rockodoodle

rjejr

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I'm passing on pokemon

I'm sure a lot of people will pass on Pokemon, I certainly have no use for it at all, I wasn't really talking about them skipping SSB U being an issue, I'm talking about the people that have had Nov 21 circled on their calendar for months (can't remember when they announced that date but I'm pretty sure it was before yesterday b/c they live and breath Pokemon. Like my kids. Who both say we don't need SSB U Day 1 b/c Pokemon comes first and they'll just wait until Christmas to get SSB U.

That said, maybe it will boost both. Either way the stores will be full of 3DS owners Thursday night playing SSB for 3DS.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Drawdler

I've asked a few of my friends to play, and most of them said the same thing: they're waiting for the Wii U version. I think it'll be fine.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

kkslider5552000

At least this will be answered soon so it won't be like the painfully redundant Wii U sales threads.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.