Forums

Topic: Will Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 hit Wii U?

Posts 101 to 120 of 121

MsJubilee

Whitewatermoose wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Blast wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Activision says "Stay Tuned" For more Wii U releases, when asked about COD on Wii U.

There playing with Wiiu owners cause alot of them are freaking out over this. It's funny and sad

... Okay, that's it. What is the deal with your sense of humor?

Cause people like you who own a Wiiu get all pissy about a lot of things. It's funny and very sad

Activision wouldn't troll like that. It's a fortune 1000 company. A board of director's, shareholders, and board of directors wouldn't allow that to happen. It's strictly a money issue. If Nintendo assist with porting cost, I am sure a Call of Duty game is coming to Wii U in 2015.

To get back on topic i don't think Nintendo cares if they bring there game to the Wiiu, so giving them money to port it is out of the question. And this is a business if the money is not on the Wiiu,then they won't bring anything. Lastly about the trolling who knows? Maybe it was a mistake? I hope it was cause it's not fun trolling Wiiu owners But maybe they can pull a modern warfare reflex for the Wii, make the game but don't tell anyone about it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

bluemage1989

Activision could have something lined up for WiiU something they think is more in line with our tastes. I don't have a clue what it is but I hope it is Blops 3 I'm a big fan of the black ops games and I would love the opportunity to continue to enjoy one of my favourite first person series but if they have another WiiU exclusive project lined up I am also more than interested to know more

bluemage1989

Atariboy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'm thinking it could be Advanced Warfare, it missed out on Wii U and is the last CoD playable on last gen.

While I don't care to speculate over what may or may not be planned here where the Wii U is concerned, I highly doubt the latter bit.

All we know is that Treyarch is focused on the XB1, PS4, and PC. Nothing definitive has been said in regard to the 360, PS3, and Wii U unless I missed a recent announcement. Just because Treyarch isn't working on something, doesn't mean that Activision doesn't have another developer hard at work on ports of some sort or perhaps even something original like Activision once did with this very franchise with titles like 'Final Fronts', or Ubisoft did last Fall with Assassin's Creed: Rogue.

Combined sales of the XB1 and PS4 versions of Advanced Warfare didn't greatly surpass the last gen counterparts. While the Wii U picture is very cloudy where this series is concerned, the 360 and PS3 is still big business and I'd be surprised to see Activision cut those ties just yet, even if they have freed the reigns sort of speak for the lead developers of this franchise by allowing them to focus solely on the most capable hardware (If Treyarch has left the last gen behind, I'm sure it's safe to assume that Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games also have).

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

AJ_Lethal

Might be a back-seat port of BO3 or a last-gen/Wii U unique CoD game.

Flexbro27

I rather have Activision come out with another game for the Wii U rather than CoD 3 because Wii U owners are more hyped about Splatoon. I can see Activision's statement as them saying "we're not bringing CoD but we will give you a better game that fits Nintendo's culture."

Flexbro27

Nintendo Network ID: Flexbro27

MsJubilee

TromboneGamer wrote:

It would seem any hope for a Wii U version is lost https://blog.activision.com/community/games-blog/call-of-duty...

Can't blame them. But it's stupid to make versions for last gen just let those die and put all your resources on the current gen. And about the Wiiu version who actually thought this would have come to the Wiiu? If anyone did then that's hilarious.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Inkling

Well, I'm not surprised.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

MsJubilee

TromboneGamer wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

TromboneGamer wrote:

It would seem any hope for a Wii U version is lost https://blog.activision.com/community/games-blog/call-of-duty...

Can't blame them

Yeah, but the CoD on Nintendo fan in me is extremely disheartened.

Well you better save up for a current gen console or a gaming PC if you want to play these games i know it cost alot but in the end it's worth it. And it's still stupid to make versions for last gen just let that gen die and focus on the current gen.

bitleman

Not surprising after the sales of the previous COD on WiiU. The Nintendo audience doesn't want to play COD.

bitleman

TromboneGamer

TwilightAngel wrote:

TromboneGamer wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

TromboneGamer wrote:

Can't blame them

Yeah, but the CoD on Nintendo fan in me is extremely disheartened.

Well you better save up for a current gen console or a gaming PC if you want to play these games i know it cost alot but in the end it's worth it. And it's still stupid to make versions for last gen just let that gen die and focus on the current gen.

My PC is pretty decent so I may buy the game on Steam, but that community is small and leaves something to be desired. CoD on consoles, and especially on Nintendo, has always had a more home-y feel. As for BO3 on last gen they can do whatever they want because the market's still there and players still want it. It's just sad that Wii U gets dumped while they're actually putting effort into a port.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Well that is really disheartening. Without putting these games on the system it is hard to grow user base and demand on the system.

Grow a user base? On the Wiiu? That boat has sailed man they want a game to sell now not later.

Kogorn733

Thanks for nothing, craptavision. These third parties are doing nothing but killing what little goodwill remains for them on Nintendo systems. Other than perhaps the audience for the VITA, no audience has been so disrespected and betrayed as the one for the Wii U.

Can't wait for the AAA market to collapse upon itself.

Kogorn733

MsJubilee

Kogorn733 wrote:

Thanks for nothing, craptavision. These third parties are doing nothing but killing what little goodwill remains for them on Nintendo systems. Other than perhaps the audience for the VITA, no audience has been so disrespected and betrayed as the one for the Wii U.

So salty cause your system didn't get a game? Ha!

TuVictus

Perhaps Bayonetta and Devil's Third will plant the "Mature game audience" seed for Nintendo. Probably not, but it's worth a mention.

TuVictus

kyuubikid213

TwilightAngel wrote:

Kogorn733 wrote:

So salty cause your system didn't get a game? Ha!

I mean...that's what Xbox and PlayStation owners were like when they didn't get Bayonetta 2...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Caryslan

Kogorn733 wrote:

Systems that are viewed as flops generally don't get top-tier third-party support. The Wii U in the eyes of the market is a flop, and something not worth spending development resources on.

From a business standpoint, why develop for the Wii U? Especially when you have PS4, Xbox One, PC, and if a game is also going to older systems PS3 and Xbox 360 versions to get out the door?

Nintendo failed to sell third-parties on the Wii U, and they never got the userbase for the system to give them some clout to throw around. The boat has sailed on third-party support on the Wii U. Most third-parties will likely stand back and see if Nintendo finally gets it right with their next system.

By the way, how is Activision being lazy? They did several Call of Duty games on the Wii, and had two games on the Wii U. If anything, it looks like they tried to sell COD on Nintendo platforms, and eventually they stopped getting enough sales to justify moving forward.

Caryslan

MsJubilee

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I wonder if there is enough outcry and waiting for Nintendo to "money-hat" like they did with Blops 2, and Ghost if we get a confirmation in August saying, due to "public outcry" we have decided to release on Wii U. Really it is about Nintendo money hatting activision.

Nintendo should do it. They should have money hatted four games a year to port to Wii U. If they would have done that, I think EVERYONE would leave Wii U satisfied. BLOPS 3, Advanced Warfare, Destiny, NHL, WWE, Mordor, Garden Warfare, Resident Evil HD Remake, RE Zero, Project Cars ALL SHOULD have ended up on Wii U!!!

I don't see the problem in paying the porting cost, if the cost is two to three million per game as speculated in a GAF thread. Port either one a quarter throughout the year, or the BIG releases to satisfy the user base. Nintendo doesn't need tons of games. It needs to have Nintendo games, and several of the big titles every year. That is it. The sports games and annual franchise may not need to be on the Nintendo console annually, but they should at least be represented with a decent port on the Nintendo platform.

The problem is the developers can get more money from the other consoles than Nintendo themselves. Yes Nintendo can give them money to make a crapfest port that will sell like garbage. But why would they? They could care less about the install base or better yet you guys! They can get more money from making games on the other consoles! So there go you why would they waste time on the Wiiu? It's like saying give money to Rockstar to make GTA V on the Wiiu,but they already made more money than Nintendo could give them! Same thing goes with EA,Ubisoft and many others.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.