Wii U Forum

Topic: WiiU virtual console

Showing 21 to 28 of 28

AuthorMessage
Late

Late

21. Posted:

AbeVigoda wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I hope so because I'm just not a big fan of NES & SNES... Out of all the Wii VC those consoles didn't get much play due to the games being way too easy or generally just plain boring

LOL @ NES and SNES games being "way too easy". I can't think of a game I've bought for a console since the N64 that I haven't beaten, yet could name dozens of 8 and 16-bit games I haven't been able to finish without using an "invincibility" cheat. Hell, try playing through Super Metroid or A Link to the Past without checking a walk-through guide or beating Mega Man 3 without throwing your controller against the wall at least once!

I agree that there are many hard NES and SNES games but you chose your examples badly. I think most of the people should be able to beat Super Metroid and Link to the Past without guide. Mega Man 3 is better example but there are still huge amount of even harder games for those consoles.

I want Virtual Console games for Wii U now. One per month is so slow pace and it'll continue that way for too long. I have so many games I want to download now but I'm debating between waiting for them to appear for Wii U or just getting them from Wii Shop Channel.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer”

Satoru Iwata3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
[url=http://pushmo.3dsfans.com/author.php?author=Late]My Pullblox puzzles

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

22. Posted:

If anyhing Sega Genesis games were difficult to get through because of the satanic/demonic gargly & drowning SFX, poor color pallette, akward loose buttoned' controller and overall lack luster quality

Just teasin MadAussieBloke!

Besides, the Genny' gets my respect for actually doing a Ghostbusters game right. lol But once again, Winston got the shaft haha.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mighty Switch Force 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

23. Posted:

Late wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I hope so because I'm just not a big fan of NES & SNES... Out of all the Wii VC those consoles didn't get much play due to the games being way too easy or generally just plain boring

LOL @ NES and SNES games being "way too easy". I can't think of a game I've bought for a console since the N64 that I haven't beaten, yet could name dozens of 8 and 16-bit games I haven't been able to finish without using an "invincibility" cheat. Hell, try playing through Super Metroid or A Link to the Past without checking a walk-through guide or beating Mega Man 3 without throwing your controller against the wall at least once!

I agree that there are many hard NES and SNES games but you chose your examples badly. I think most of the people should be able to beat Super Metroid and Link to the Past without guide. Mega Man 3 is better example but there are still huge amount of even harder games for those consoles.

I want Virtual Console games for Wii U now. One per month is so slow pace and it'll continue that way for too long. I have so many games I want to download now but I'm debating between waiting for them to appear for Wii U or just getting them from Wii Shop Channel.

Here are some better examples of challenging NES games >

Castlevania III, Adventure Island, Ninja Gaiden III, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Blaster Master, Double Dragon and Amagon just to name a few. And Mega Man 3? Hah. Try finishing Mega Man 10 on hard mode. It will put pixel hair on your chest.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mighty Switch Force 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross

24. Posted:

AbeVigoda wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I hope so because I'm just not a big fan of NES & SNES... Out of all the Wii VC those consoles didn't get much play due to the games being way too easy or generally just plain boring

LOL @ NES and SNES games being "way too easy". I can't think of a game I've bought for a console since the N64 that I haven't beaten, yet could name dozens of 8 and 16-bit games I haven't been able to finish without using an "invincibility" cheat. Hell, try playing through Super Metroid or A Link to the Past without checking a walk-through guide or beating Mega Man 3 without throwing your controller against the wall at least once!

I would agree wholeheartedly if you said the original Legend of Zelda and Metroid. Your point still stands.

Rubber band AI aside, I can't remember the last game I played that was actually difficult (that released less than fifteen years ago). Super Mario Sunshine comes to mind. Nothing else, unfortunately.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Bluezealand

Bluezealand

25. Posted:

Late wrote:

I want Virtual Console games for Wii U now. One per month is so slow pace and it'll continue that way for too long. I have so many games I want to download now but I'm debating between waiting for them to appear for Wii U or just getting them from Wii Shop Channel.

They announced the regular Wii U Virtual Console for April, didn't they? I assume from that point on we'll get a start library with weekly updates.

Bluezealand

AuthorMessage
Geonjaha

Geonjaha

26. Posted:

Bluezealand wrote:

Late wrote:

I want Virtual Console games for Wii U now. One per month is so slow pace and it'll continue that way for too long. I have so many games I want to download now but I'm debating between waiting for them to appear for Wii U or just getting them from Wii Shop Channel.

They announced the regular Wii U Virtual Console for April, didn't they? I assume from that point on we'll get a start library with weekly updates.

Yup. So hopefully soon we'll get an announcement and lots of games to start us off.

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.
Help bring Dragon Quest back to the West, so we can all resume having fun. :)

AuthorMessage
Late

Late

27. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Bluezealand wrote:

Late wrote:

I want Virtual Console games for Wii U now. One per month is so slow pace and it'll continue that way for too long. I have so many games I want to download now but I'm debating between waiting for them to appear for Wii U or just getting them from Wii Shop Channel.

They announced the regular Wii U Virtual Console for April, didn't they? I assume from that point on we'll get a start library with weekly updates.

Yup. So hopefully soon we'll get an announcement and lots of games to start us off.

Oh. I recalled it wasn't until after all the special 30 cent deals. Well, if we start to get them that soon then I'm sure I can wait.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer”

Satoru Iwata3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
[url=http://pushmo.3dsfans.com/author.php?author=Late]My Pullblox puzzles

AuthorMessage
Jack_Package

Jack_Package

28. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I hope so because I'm just not a big fan of NES & SNES... Out of all the Wii VC those consoles didn't get much play due to the games being way too easy or generally just plain boring

LOL @ NES and SNES games being "way too easy". I can't think of a game I've bought for a console since the N64 that I haven't beaten, yet could name dozens of 8 and 16-bit games I haven't been able to finish without using an "invincibility" cheat. Hell, try playing through Super Metroid or A Link to the Past without checking a walk-through guide or beating Mega Man 3 without throwing your controller against the wall at least once!

Yeah they're easy especially after you have grown up playing the more hardcore Amiga 500 and Sega games

That was an easy catch, wasn't it

James Pond owns Mario

Jack_Package