Wii U Forum

Topic: WiiU virtual console

Showing 1 to 20 of 28

AuthorMessage
gavn64

gavn64

1. Posted:

Will sega megadrive games be brought to the proper full on WiiU virtual console, with all of the benefits that entail's i.e miiverse support, 60HZ, and offscreen play ?

gavn64

Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

AuthorMessage
Evermore

Evermore

2. Posted:

It might be, but at the moment, Nintendo just announced games of NES e SNES for Wii U. Alongside GBA games, in the future. No SEGA support just yet.

Evermore

AuthorMessage
AbeVigoda

AbeVigoda

3. Posted:

I would assume that all future VC Wii-U releases will include the added miiverse features.

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage
MAB

MAB

4. Posted:

I hope so because I'm just not a big fan of NES & SNES... Out of all the Wii VC those consoles didn't get much play due to the games being way too easy or generally just plain boring

MAB

AuthorMessage
Knux

Knux

5. Posted:

How about some Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games?

Knux

AuthorMessage
SCAR

SCAR

6. Posted:

Saturn and Dreamcast would be the best. I've been able to play tons of Sega Genesis, but those other consoles with great games died out too fast for me to play the games... VC seems better handled retro wise IMO. It gives a page specifically named after the console, vs just saying XBLA or PSN game. Dreamcast and Saturn page in VC with the logos and everything would be legit.

$¢@®

AuthorMessage
Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

7. Posted:

What about 3DO? :3

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics, Birthday_Boy
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie

8. Posted:

Knux wrote:

How about some Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games?

Right there with ya on that one!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

AuthorMessage
C-Olimar

C-Olimar

9. Posted:

It must be annoying for Sega and other companies, though, that the original VC isn't integrated with the Wii U version. They will now have to redo all the games on there for the Wii U... I doubt they'll be arsed tbh.

C-Olimar

AuthorMessage
Chomposaur

Chomposaur

10. Posted:

Locked thread from TBD in ... 3 .. 2 ... 1 ...

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage
AbeVigoda

AbeVigoda

11. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I hope so because I'm just not a big fan of NES & SNES... Out of all the Wii VC those consoles didn't get much play due to the games being way too easy or generally just plain boring

LOL @ NES and SNES games being "way too easy". I can't think of a game I've bought for a console since the N64 that I haven't beaten, yet could name dozens of 8 and 16-bit games I haven't been able to finish without using an "invincibility" cheat. Hell, try playing through Super Metroid or A Link to the Past without checking a walk-through guide or beating Mega Man 3 without throwing your controller against the wall at least once!

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage
SCAR

SCAR

12. Posted:

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

Locked thread from TBD in ... 3 .. 2 ... 1 ...

Why? We're discussing VC, and the thread isn't offensive or off topic.

Edited on by SCAR

$¢@®

AuthorMessage
willobee

willobee

13. Posted:

This is not the VC forum though.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

14. Posted:

Knux wrote:

How about some Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games?

Sega wut now? :3

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
SCAR

SCAR

15. Posted:

willobee wrote:

This is not the VC forum though.

True, but then it should have gotten locked down along time ago by that logic. It still is Wii U related. Whatever, I'm not a MOD.

VC FTW.

$¢@®

AuthorMessage
Icarus423

Icarus423

16. Posted:

I just want the VC to be here now.

Icarus423

Nintendo Network ID: Icarus423

AuthorMessage
gavn64

gavn64

17. Posted:

willobee wrote:

This is not the VC forum though.

yes it is i posed this question because it directly pertain's to the WiiU's VC which is very important at least i think so anyway

gavn64

Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

AuthorMessage
SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit

18. Posted:

Sega CD and Amiga would be cool, too. I wonder why Sega hasn't said much about VC stuff recently.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage
willobee

willobee

19. Posted:

gavn64 wrote:

willobee wrote:

This is not the VC forum though.

yes it is i posed this question because it directly pertain's to the WiiU's VC which is very important at least i think so anyway

And this topic would belong here: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii_u_virtual_console because it is the Wi U Virtual Console forum

But oh well.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
MAB

MAB

20. Posted:

AbeVigoda wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I hope so because I'm just not a big fan of NES & SNES... Out of all the Wii VC those consoles didn't get much play due to the games being way too easy or generally just plain boring

LOL @ NES and SNES games being "way too easy". I can't think of a game I've bought for a console since the N64 that I haven't beaten, yet could name dozens of 8 and 16-bit games I haven't been able to finish without using an "invincibility" cheat. Hell, try playing through Super Metroid or A Link to the Past without checking a walk-through guide or beating Mega Man 3 without throwing your controller against the wall at least once!

Yeah they're easy especially after you have grown up playing the more hardcore Amiga 500 and Sega games

MAB