Wii U Forum

Topic: WiiU pro controller supported games

Showing 1 to 20 of 20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

XHeavygunX

1. Posted:

Does anyone know if the pro controller can be used instead of wii remotes on games such as new super Mario bros u and Nintendo land? Reason I ask is because I have no wii remotes and I want 4 controllers for when family visits for Christmas and I would rather get 4 pro controllers if the games support them. I even called Nintendo and they didn't know.

XHeavygunX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neoproteus

2. Posted:

I would assume that as long as you can play it without a tv screen on the gamepad that you could play it with the tv screen on a pro controller.

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

3. Posted:

XHeavygunX wrote:

I even called Nintendo and they didn't know.

If Nintendo doesn't know then how would we know? :P

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

4. Posted:

I'm assuming it's usable in New Super Mario Bros. U (there's absolutely no reason it wouldn't be), it's used in ZombiU multiplayer, you can use it in COD Black Ops 2, Rayman Legends supports it, The Wonderful 101 has the ability to draw the 'formations' with a analog stick - so I'm assuming that game supports it etc.

All in all I think it'll be supported by most games unless they're build around the GamePad like ZomiU's singleplayer.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

5. Posted:

You should definitely get some Wiimotes because I bet Nintendo will be focusing on controls for the Gamepad and the WiiMotion Plus mainly.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

6. Posted:

I know that Rayman Legends, and Tekken use it. Its fair to say that most, if not all ports from PS3/XBox (Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Batman, Ninja Gaiden and perhaps Epic Mickey 2) if not all will use the Pro Controller.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norfair

7. Posted:

Maybe. Does the Pro controller have motion controls?

If it does, it is safe to assume that NSMB.U will support them because NSMB.W took advantage of the motion in some of the more creative levels where you change the angles of platforms and glide them on rails depending in what direction you tilt.

If it does not, I am sure it has enough buttons to replace the motion controls (L and R buttons instead of tiling, etc.), so the Pro controller will probably be supported.

Edited on by Norfair

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

8. Posted:

MyBodyIsReady wrote:

If it does not, I am sure it has enough buttons to replace the motion controls (L and R buttons instead of tiling, etc.), so the Pro controller will probably be supported.

Then the L and R buttons would need to be analog. I hope the Pro controller has motion and gryo sensors...

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

9. Posted:

If they say that you can use the Screen Pad and Wii Remotes to play NSMBU, and they say that the Pro Controller works just like the Screen Pad just without the screen, then I suppose it would work.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

10. Posted:

We will probly use it for VC

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

11. Posted:

I'm pretty sure almost (if not) all Wii U games support the Pro Controller, even in place of the GamePad for single-player use (useful for games such as Black Ops 2, Ninja Gaiden, Tekken Tag Tournament etc.). I think that's basically the entire purpose of Nintendo introducing the peripheral.

For multiplayer games, Rayman Legends have displayed using four Pro Controllers alongside the GamePad, and I believe New Super Mario Bros. U did too. I think anything than can utilise the Wiimote for multiplayer can utilise the Pro Controller too - it should be a done deal.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

12. Posted:

As light as people have claimed the Wii U Pro Controller to be, I don't think we have any motion controls hidden beneath the hood. I think we're getting an Xbox 360 controller redesigned and reengineered for the Wii U.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarthQball

13. Posted:

Does anyone know if you can use the Wii U Pro Controller for Wii games like The Last Story or Xenoblade.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthQball?feature=mhee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

14. Posted:

DarthQball wrote:

Does anyone know if you can use the Wii U Pro Controller for Wii games like The Last Story or Xenoblade.

I want a solid answer to this question too....I dont expect we'll find out until 13 Nov....

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

15. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

As light as people have claimed the Wii U Pro Controller to be, I don't think we have any motion controls hidden beneath the hood. I think we're getting an Xbox 360 controller redesigned and reengineered for the Wii U.

based on what evidence? If some source has said that it doesn't have these things that's one thing but if your reason for believing this is the purely weight I don't think you have much. Those motion sensors are pretty damn light and small (prob about the size and weight of a rasin) and in terms of comparison the 360 controller is actually lighter than the DualShock 3. The Pro Controller being light is not really proof of anything.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xilef

16. Posted:

DarthQball wrote:

Does anyone know if you can use the Wii U Pro Controller for Wii games like The Last Story or Xenoblade.

It's been confirmed that the Pro Controller wont work with Wii games.

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

17. Posted:

Xilef wrote:

DarthQball wrote:

Does anyone know if you can use the Wii U Pro Controller for Wii games like The Last Story or Xenoblade.

It's been confirmed that the Pro Controller wont work with Wii games.

I don't think it has...the packaging says it isn't compatible with the wii system or games...I wouldn't agree that this is confirmation it wont work on the U

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

18. Posted:

skywake wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

As light as people have claimed the Wii U Pro Controller to be, I don't think we have any motion controls hidden beneath the hood. I think we're getting an Xbox 360 controller redesigned and reengineered for the Wii U.

based on what evidence? If some source has said that it doesn't have these things that's one thing but if your reason for believing this is the purely weight I don't think you have much. Those motion sensors are pretty damn light and small (prob about the size and weight of a rasin) and in terms of comparison the 360 controller is actually lighter than the DualShock 3. The Pro Controller being light is not really proof of anything.

Let me change what I said..
I don't think there are motion controls because the point to all of the motion controls we've seen coming from the Wii U so far include usage of the GamePad's screen. If the Pro Controller doesn't have a screen, what would be the point of motion in that? Pointing the GamePad at the screen and swinging it around seems like it would feel more right than swinging around the Pro Controller. Besides, the Pro Controller is supposed to be used for a more traditional style of play. Why would Nintendo put motion controls in that? If you want motion controls that bad, just use the GamePad.

By the way...
PS3 DualShock 3: 192g
Xbox 360 Controller: 256g (wireless), 281g (wired)

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Portista

19. Posted:

No sorry, I tried, but it doesnt. was kinda dissapointed, because neither does nintendoland. :/

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

20. Posted:

The Pro controller should have had motion sensors in it. Then it would be able to play NSMBU. And developers could use it for whatever they want, like PS3's sixaxis. Not every player is going to be able to use the gamepad. It also should have had analog triggers, so it could be used to play gamecube games and would work well for racing games.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean