Wii U Forum

Topic: WiiU is Massive! (pics)

Showing 61 to 80 of 105

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

61. Posted:

romulux wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

The Wii U is longer than the current Wii, but it's the same width.

oh no it's not.

Untitled

i found that somewhere and believe it has settled the issue.

@romulux is back with a bang! Haven't seen you since the Other M days.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlueAce127

62. Posted:

My favourite controllers would be:
1. GameCube controller
2. XBOX 360 controller
3. Wii Remote
4. DualShock controller - I'm kind of getting tired of Sony playing it safe. I like the layout, but the shape needs even a little bit of changing. I use to have a PS2 and I've also used a DualShock 3 before.
This is a response to comment #60.

Edited on by BlueAce127

Nintendo Enthusiast

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Will be more active in the summer months)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only for now, Wii U soon)

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SigourneyBeaver

63. Posted:

NintendoFan_27 wrote:

4. DualShock controller - I'm kind of getting tired of Sony playing it safe. I like the layout, but the shape needs even a little bit of changing. I use to have a PS2 and I've also used a DualShock 3 before.
This is a response to comment #60.

All they need to do is copy the shape of the 360 pad like every other pad manufacturer does. I bet the boomerang would've been a great controller though :(

Sigourney Beaver.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlueAce127

64. Posted:

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

NintendoFan_27 wrote:

4. DualShock controller - I'm kind of getting tired of Sony playing it safe. I like the layout, but the shape needs even a little bit of changing. I use to have a PS2 and I've also used a DualShock 3 before.
This is a response to comment #60.

All they need to do is copy the shape of the 360 pad like every other pad manufacturer does. I bet the boomerang would've been a great controller though :(

Yes! The boomerang controller was unique! :)

Nintendo Enthusiast

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Will be more active in the summer months)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only for now, Wii U soon)

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

65. Posted:

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

NintendoFan_27 wrote:

4. DualShock controller - I'm kind of getting tired of Sony playing it safe. I like the layout, but the shape needs even a little bit of changing. I use to have a PS2 and I've also used a DualShock 3 before.
This is a response to comment #60.

All they need to do is copy the shape of the 360 pad like every other pad manufacturer does. I bet the boomerang would've been a great controller though :(

I remember last gen when every manufacturer was copying the PS2 controller, even for PC controllers.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

66. Posted:

NintendoFan_27 wrote:

My favourite controllers would be:
1. GameCube controller
2. XBOX 360 controller
3. Wii Remote
4. DualShock controller - I'm kind of getting tired of Sony playing it safe. I like the layout, but the shape needs even a little bit of changing. I use to have a PS2 and I've also used a DualShock 3 before.
This is a response to comment #60.

My order would be:
1. Xbox 360 controller
2. GameCube controller
3. Wii Remote
4. PS3 controller (DualShock)
5. Classic Controller Pro (no rumble puts it lower on the list)

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlueAce127

67. Posted:

I really like the GameCube Controller's triggers. They feel... good to push...

Nintendo Enthusiast

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Will be more active in the summer months)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only for now, Wii U soon)

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

68. Posted:

I dont like the 360 controller at all, and at least the PS3 controller is playable for fighters and is easily more in tune for sidescrollers considering the D-pad position is in the main spot and it actually works. Either way I'm not a big fan of either....The Dual shock also has terribly loose analog sticks.

But yup! I easily favor the Gamecube controller over both as it's more daring, unique and nextgen feeling...If you can get past it's terrible tiny stiff D-pad. That aside, I'm just not a big fan of these modern dual analog controllers to begin with seeing as how the Wii remote Plus + Combo basically makes them feel completely dated for platformers and many other genre's based on what it can do. Fighters however obviously remain the best on a game pad. zoink!

How's the classic conttroller pro by the way? I refuse to by it since it has handles. :p Instead I have two regular CC's instead. B-)

1. Wii Remote Plus(By itself, Or sideways NES style) + Nunchuck - Completely destroys modern traditional game controllers for every genre except fighters. Although SSB Brawl is an exception seeing how it works fantastic using the Wii remote itself 'NES" Style.

2. Classic Controller - (Love it! Although i wish it had rumble, plus clicky top buttons instead of squishy)
3. Gamecube
4. DualShock 3
5. XBOX 360 controller

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Haywired

69. Posted:

Wave Boy, have you played Monster Hunter Tri? If so, what do you think? Because personally (and it seems to be the general consensus to put it mildly) I would say that the Wii remote and nunchuck controls are awful for that game and that the Classic Controller Pro is far superior. The Wii remote/nunchuk (mainly because of its awkward layout, requiring the replacement of quick simple button presses with slow clunky motions) is woefully ill-equipped to deal with games like that compared to a traditional controller.

Also, does the Wii remote/nunchuk make traditional controllers "feel completely dated for platformers"? I'm intrigued, I thought that was one genre above all others where they add very little except tacked-on waggle, which people generally think spoils them (DKCR for example, with its good old "ground pound" waggle being mistaken for "roll off the bloody ledge and die" waggle!). In fact, I'm sure I read you saying in an old topic that they offer nothing to platformers.

My deviantART
My Nintendo Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Haywired

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

70. Posted:

Super Mario Galaxy's Pointer and Motion controls were fantastic(hardly gimmicky at all, and added even more fun to the experience), which is the perfect example of the Wii Remote + Nunchuck being superior in the platforming genre. The bubble curser was absolutely a blast to use, and using the wii pointer controls to fling mario from web to web was also incredibly fun, which are only two examples here. You clearly can't do this with a traditional controller. Again, this is only 'one' example and it boosted the fun factor and innovation by a mile, at least for me.

And I haven't played Moster Hunter Tri and i never will. :p Besides as far as controls go, i'm guessing it has zero pointer or motion controls going on so what exactly would be the point of even using the Wii remote nunchuck anyways? There's no advantage. Unless Capcom bothered to implament 1:1 controls wii remote plus style for sword combat and the like ect ect. But as it is, it's a traditional playing game that's better suited for a traditional controller. What I'm saying is the Wii remote Plus + Nunchuck has MUCH more potentinal, innovation, unique ideas and the like for most genre's when compared to a standard traditional controller....I'm not saying the Wii remote + Nunchuck is a better fit if it doesn't include motion or pointer controls, but when it does they can be absolutely amazing.

Wario Land Shake it! imo has the best use of Shake & Tilt controls ever in a 2D platofmer.....One of the most amazing 2D experiences I've ever had. The 2 biggest things that blew me away had to of been the 2nd boss battle where Wario was in his vehicle with the boxing glove, where you had to tilt the wii remote to move forward and back while aiming your boxing glove....It's stuff like that makes me fall in love with the Wii and it just breaths new life into gaming. The flying saucer controls were superb as well ect ect. B-)

And kirby's Epic yarn's 'tilt' Fire truck water hose controls are another example of pure awesomenes, for those who have played it you'd be crazy not to agree. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Haywired

71. Posted:

Good points. While I generally dislike motion controls (like shaking, miming, flailing, etc.) I can dig tilting and pointing (perhaps because they're generally used more subtly and intuitively than the others). I have played Wario Land Shake It and while I found all the waggling annoying and intrusive, I can't deny that I did also enjoy that tilting bit that you mentioned.

Edited on by Haywired

My deviantART
My Nintendo Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Haywired

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

72. Posted:

Haywired wrote:

Good points. While I generally dislike motion controls (like shaking, miming, flailing, etc.) I can dig tilting and pointing (perhaps because they're generally used more subtly and intuitively than the others). I have played Wario Land Shake It and while I found all the waggling annoying and intrusive, I can't deny that I did also enjoy that tilting bit that you mentioned.

To each their own i guess. :) I find shaking the Wii remote to shake money out of money bags in WLSI much more fun and satisfying than if i were to continuesly and rappidly press a button instead. Makes sense doesn't it? in the game you're shaking a money bag like crazy to get all of the cash out, so to perform that in real life makes all the more sense. Tilting the wii remote for the cannons and the like was also pretty great, including the funky Wario Submarine gameplay. :D

Metroid Prime 3 however in 'advanced' mode blew me away again on a lag free SDTV via component cables with it's pointer controls. I'm beginning to sound like a Broken Kajagoogoo-record here but holy crap did the controls blow my mind. It's the PURE deifnition of NextGen gaming...Plus because the pointer controls are '1:1' with you're movements, it makes samus's arm cannon animations extremely realistic, fluid and jaw dropping 1:1, unlike the clunky, stiff, robotic & artifical ugly animations you'd get on dual analog or Keyboard & mouse. I was recently playing Bioshock 2 on the PS3, and while the game is NextGen HD pretty, the aiming animations are absolutely hideous, clunky, unrealistic, robotic and flat...It completely doesn't match the visuals....Dual analog is to blame obviously. Awful dated and unrealistic animations aside the analog aiming controls sucked me out of the experience and i didn't want to continue. It's just boring unimerssive crap that I've experienced since the PS1 days...MP3 changed the way wii 'play' FPS's and it changed the visuals regarding samus's arm Cannon(plus ripping doors of and objects with Samus's grappling beam was totaly awesome as well! ;) ) in this case making it realistic and jaw dropping. I felt utterly immersed into the experience and felt like i was part of the game exploring these worlds rather than just staring at a screen manouvering a couple of sticks around. :p

Anyways, At that instant(which is the main example among many) regarding Metroid Prime 3's controls....It made me banish analog stick-aiming controls forever. :p I'll never go back....Hell, even before i experienced wii pointer controls i was getting tired of them...Yet it looks like I'll have to make one exception for analog aiming with Resident Evil Revelations :p in MP3, i felt like i was an extension to samus, into the gaming world for the first time and was fully interacting 'in' that world rather than staring at a screen rotating analogs around to aim.

Anywyas, Ya, I love my Wii.....B-) It sucked me back into gaming, where as the N64 overall along with Cube kind of knocked me in and out. NES, Wii and SNES are thee' best Nintendo consoles in my eyes period. B-) The retro Rebirth, Virtual Console and motion controls especially(when done right) make the Wii a phenomenal console. :)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

M00se

73. Posted:

damn i wish my Wii was that long :(

All jokes aside that thing is so small, the ps3 and 360 are huge compared to that thing, and it doesnt seen to be that much bigger than the wii, maybe a few inches but still that's nothing compared to the 4-5 inches the other ones are bigger than the wii by.

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

AuthorMessage
Avatar

M00se

74. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Haywired wrote:

Good points. While I generally dislike motion controls (like shaking, miming, flailing, etc.) I can dig tilting and pointing (perhaps because they're generally used more subtly and intuitively than the others). I have played Wario Land Shake It and while I found all the waggling annoying and intrusive, I can't deny that I did also enjoy that tilting bit that you mentioned.

To each their own i guess. :) I find shaking the Wii remote to shake money out of money bags in WLSI much more fun and satisfying than if i were to continuesly and rappidly press a button instead. Makes sense doesn't it? in the game you're shaking a money bag like crazy to get all of the cash out, so to perform that in real life makes all the more sense. Tilting the wii remote for the cannons and the like was also pretty great, including the funky Wario Submarine gameplay. :D

Metroid Prime 3 however in 'advanced' mode blew me away again on a lag free SDTV via component cables with it's pointer controls. I'm beginning to sound like a Broken Kajagoogoo-record here but holy crap did the controls blow my mind. It's the PURE deifnition of NextGen gaming...Plus because the pointer controls are '1:1' with you're movements, it makes samus's arm cannon animations extremely realistic, fluid and jaw dropping 1:1, unlike the clunky, stiff, robotic & artifical ugly animations you'd get on dual analog or Keyboard & mouse. I was recently playing Bioshock 2 on the PS3, and while the game is NextGen HD pretty, the aiming animations are absolutely hideous, clunky, unrealistic, robotic and flat...It completely doesn't match the visuals....Dual analog is to blame obviously. Awful dated and unrealistic animations aside the analog aiming controls sucked me out of the experience and i didn't want to continue. It's just boring unimerssive crap that I've experienced since the PS1 days...MP3 changed the way wii 'play' FPS's and it changed the visuals regarding samus's arm Cannon(plus ripping doors of and objects with Samus's grappling beam was totaly awesome as well! ;) ) in this case making it realistic and jaw dropping. I felt utterly immersed into the experience and felt like i was part of the game exploring these worlds rather than just staring at a screen manouvering a couple of sticks around. :p

Anyways, At that instant(which is the main example among many) regarding Metroid Prime 3's controls....It made me banish analog stick-aiming controls forever. :p I'll never go back....Hell, even before i experienced wii pointer controls i was getting tired of them...Yet it looks like I'll have to make one exception for analog aiming with Resident Evil Revelations :p in MP3, i felt like i was an extension to samus, into the gaming world for the first time and was fully interacting 'in' that world rather than staring at a screen rotating analogs around to aim.

Anywyas, Ya, I love my Wii.....B-) It sucked me back into gaming, where as the N64 overall along with Cube kind of knocked me in and out. NES, Wii and SNES are thee' best Nintendo consoles in my eyes period. B-) The retro Rebirth, Virtual Console and motion controls especially(when done right) make the Wii a phenomenal console. :)

no way, mouse beats wii remote (and analog) any day. its faster, more precise and way smoother. you cant do a full 180 and kill someone with a wii remote anywhere near as fast as you can with a mouse. i remember i was one of thos epeople who though wii remote was king, until i played pc fps games at good frame rate i realized it wrecks everything.

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

75. Posted:

Keyboard and mouse > Pointer controls > Analog sticks > Touchscreens.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

76. Posted:

Pffff. Mouse & keyboard more precise my mega butt and even if it is it's still an awfuly dated and unimmersive set up to the point where it's completely void for me. You've clearly never played MP3 on a Lag free SDTV before. Hell, i'd rather take analog controls over Mouse & keyboard....I'm also not a fan of PC gaming so that may explain a bit depending but I'm not biased in any sense and i call it as it is. The one's who are heavy PC gamers however always defend their trusy little mouse & keyboard setup because they're so used to it. If you enjoy resting your hand on a little mouse on your table, then all the power to you but it in no way feems immersive or engaging....

I want to feel like I'm the character, and you cant get that with either control set ups. Both imo are boring, tired and unengaging. MP3 again on a lag free SDTV feels absolutely phemoenal on 'advanced' it's pixel perfect for aiming movement. If anything the turning could be a little faster. PC controls can be completely overexagerated with unrealistic fast movements. I know you can customise, but eh.

Both set ups are boring and dated at least for me. I'm Wii pointer controls for first or 3rd person titles and many more from now on or nothing until we get an even greater advancement. Funny how many people play these realistic first person shooters but don't want realistic controls. LOL Be it being tethered to a mouse on a table, or rotating their thumbs on a couple of sticks. lol The Wii remote is another extension to the characters arm. Durp! And that's the way i want it.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

77. Posted:

How is the keyboard and mouse setup dated? I'm using it right now as I type this post.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

78. Posted:

M00se wrote:

no way, mouse beats wii remote (and analog) any day. its faster, more precise and way smoother. you cant do a full 180 and kill someone with a wii remote anywhere near as fast as you can with a mouse. i remember i was one of thos epeople who though wii remote was king, until i played pc fps games at good frame rate i realized it wrecks everything.

You can't use an analog stick to move while using a mouse to aim. Using the WASD keyboard buttons to move your character feels so robotic and stiff compared to the smoothness of tilting an analog stick to walk, run, strafe, crouch, etc. There's more you can do with an analog stick than with clunky keyboard controls. If they could combine an analog stick and a mouse then maybe I'll accept the PC as a legit gaming platform.

Nintendo and Sony revolutionized 3D gaming with the analog stick. Before that, we used digital buttons to move in some 3D games, which was terrible in my opinion. You PC gamers would rather stick to digital keyboard controls than use an analog stick?

As for aiming, mouse and pointer controls beat analog aiming any day. But I prefer using the Wii Remote cause it's just so immersive and easy to use. Simply point and shoot, just like those old lightgun games.

Case in point: I tried playing GTA San Andreas on a keyboard and it was terrible.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

79. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

M00se wrote:

no way, mouse beats wii remote (and analog) any day. its faster, more precise and way smoother. you cant do a full 180 and kill someone with a wii remote anywhere near as fast as you can with a mouse. i remember i was one of thos epeople who though wii remote was king, until i played pc fps games at good frame rate i realized it wrecks everything.

You can't use an analog stick to move while using a mouse to aim. Using the WASD keyboard buttons to move your character feels so robotic and stiff compared to the smoothness of tilting an analog stick to walk, run, strafe, crouch, etc. There's more you can do with an analog stick than with clunky keyboard controls. If they could combine an analog stick and a mouse then maybe I'll accept the PC as a legit gaming platform.

Nintendo and Sony revolutionized 3D gaming with the analog stick. Before that, we used digital buttons to move in some 3D games, which was terrible in my opinion. You PC gamers would rather stick to digital keyboard controls than use an analog stick?

As for aiming, mouse and pointer controls beat analog aiming any day. But I prefer using the Wii Remote cause it's just so immersive and easy to use. Simply point and shoot, just like those old lightgun games.

Case in point: I tried playing GTA San Andreas on a keyboard and it was terrible.

Good point regarding the crappy digital keyboard arrows to move and strafe. That became ARCHIAC on a whole new level the day the analog stick hit the scene. You can't get 'any' precise movements or sensitivity with arrow keys...That's where Analog stick for movement has the massive advantage. You can walk, creep, barely move and then some to you're liking.

Props for even pointing that, i completely forgot about that. :p
Ya, either way it's Wii Remote + Nunchuck for me all the way and I'm not going back muhaha.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

80. Posted:

[quote="M00se"]

LordTendoboy wrote:

Nintendo and Sony revolutionized 3D gaming with the analog stick. Before that, we used digital buttons to move in some 3D games, which was terrible in my opinion. You PC gamers would rather stick to digital keyboard controls than use an analog stick?

For FPS'es, yes. For PC platformers, no, but I can use controllers with my PC.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast