Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U vs. PS4/Xbox One

Showing 21 to 40 of 78

AuthorMessage
blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd

21. Posted:

I am sure PS4 and Xbone will get better but I definitely think Wii U has more games that interest me right now.

That is why I own a Wii U and not one of the others yet....will probably get a PS4 evenutally in a year or two. Till then I have a PS3 and 360 to complement my Wii U and I am perfectly happy.

blaisedinsd

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

22. Posted:

sub12 wrote:

PS4: Do you like Sony's first party offerings?, as well as a wide variety of indie and third party titles, plus the best graphics of this gen? buy it.

Xbox One: Pretty much the same as the PS4 with slightly inferior graphics, and a somewhat smaller library in regards to indies, and in the future, non-AAA Japanese titles. But if you love Gears of War and Halo, buy it.

Wii U: Do Nintendo titles appeal to you more than anything else on the market? buy it

Most indie games are being put on both the One and the PS4 and the ones that aren't are mostly timed exclusives and will be coming after a three to six month window like hellblade and the new SKA studios game. Plus over time were going to see indie parity between the two like we saw last generation. (I hate how indies have become timed excluvies these days.)

Your right about Japan but honestly i'm not sure the Market really cares about Non AAA Japan titles either way.

Plus you have all of Microsoft's other first party offerings.

Advice buy a Wii U now, a Xbox One early next year, and a PS4 late next year since these awould be the times where there's enough first party content too fill you up.

But if you just have to get one system the order would be.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

23. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

GamingSince64 wrote:

I'm sorry for making this thread.

I read your name and I think, "What games was he playing in 1964?"

Destroy All Communists The Video Game

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98

24. Posted:

GamingSince64 wrote:

I'm sorry for making this thread.

It's okay. I forgive you.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

AuthorMessage
Octane

Octane

25. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

Untitled

Octane

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

26. Posted:

It also depends on what games you want this coming holiday.

If were talking strictly first party releases each console breaks down like this.

Wii U
Hyrule Warriors- September 26
Bayontta 2-October 24
Sonic Boom- November 11
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker- Holiday 2014
Super Smash Bros for Wii U- Holiday 2014

Playstation 4
#Driveclub- October 7
LittleBigPlanet 3- November 18
Killzone Intercept- Holiday 2014
Journey- holiday 2014
Unfinished Swan- holiday 2014

Xbox One
Dance Central Spotlight- September 2nd
Forza Horizon 2 - September 30
Project Spark- October 7
Killer Instinct- Season 2
Fable Legends Beta- October 16
Sunset Overdrive - October 28
Halo Master Chief Collection - November 11
Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta - December 28
Ori and the Blind Forest - Holiday 2014
Happy Wars - Holiday 2014
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Holiday 2014

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Undead_terror

Undead_terror

27. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

It also depends on what games you want this coming holiday.

If were talking strictly first party releases each console breaks down like this.

Wii U
Hyrule Warriors- September 26
Bayontta 2-October 24
Sonic Boom- November 11
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker- Holiday 2014
Super Smash Bros for Wii U- Holiday 2014

Playstation 4
#Driveclub- October 7
LittleBigPlanet 3- November 18
Killzone Intercept- Holiday 2014
Journey- holiday 2014
Unfinished Swan- holiday 2014

Xbox One
Dance Central Spotlight- September 2nd
Forza Horizon 2 - September 30
Project Spark- October 7
>Killer Instinct- Season 2<
Fable Legends Beta- October 16
Sunset Overdrive - October 28
Halo Master Chief Collection - November 11
Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta - December 28
Ori and the Blind Forest - Holiday 2014
Happy Wars - Holiday 2014
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Holiday 2014

The only non-Nintendo game I want Untitled

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME! I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery) I My Super Smash Bros. 4 Battler Card!
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL, New Black New 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
sub12

sub12

28. Posted:

If you count games like Ori and the Blind Forest and D4, etc., which are developed by independent studios and published by Microsoft, it looks like this....

Retail 2014 Sony published:
inFAMOUS: Second Son
MLB 14: The Show (Retail version in North America, digital download only in PAL)
The Last of Us Remastered
Destiny (Co-published with Activision in Japan only)
DRIVECLUB
LittleBigPlanet 3
Minecraft
SingStar Ultimate Party

PSN 2014 Sony published:
CounterSpy
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Entwined
Hohokum
inFAMOUS: First Light (Retail version in EU)
Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept (Standalone version)
BigFest
GUNS UP!
Helldivers
Journey
PlanetSide 2
The Unfinished Swan

Edited on by sub12

sub12

AuthorMessage
arnoldlayne83

arnoldlayne83

29. Posted:

Dunno, pointless discussion, everyone has is own favourite, every console has is own pro and cons.... what I could say, if you are not a super Nintendo fan and you enjoy also AAA games, WiiU is not the console to go.... but as secondary console, is one of the best ever....

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage
SuperWiiU

SuperWiiU

30. Posted:

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

Dunno, pointless discussion, everyone has is own favourite, every console has is own pro and cons.... what I could say, if you are not a super Nintendo fan and you enjoy also AAA games, WiiU is not the console to go.... but as secondary console, is one of the best ever....

Not just AAA games, if you have a broad taste in gaming you'll need a Xbone or PS4 too. If I didn't have a backlog and other systems the Wii U wouldn't have enough games a year to keep me entertained all year long.

SuperWiiU

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

31. Posted:

@sub12

I was referring to games coming out after September and Microsoft owns the IP rights to D4 and Ori. All the other games on the list have either came out or aren't sony first party. I did miss singstar, helldivers, guns up, bigfest, and Planetside though.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
arnoldlayne83

arnoldlayne83

32. Posted:

SuperWiiU wrote:

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

Dunno, pointless discussion, everyone has is own favourite, every console has is own pro and cons.... what I could say, if you are not a super Nintendo fan and you enjoy also AAA games, WiiU is not the console to go.... but as secondary console, is one of the best ever....

Not just AAA games, if you have a broad taste in gaming you'll need a Xbone or PS4 too. If I didn't have a backlog and other systems the Wii U wouldn't have enough games a year to keep me entertained all year long.

Yes agree... that's my biggest (and mainly the only) complain about wiiU, and the reason I bought another console, the complete lack of certain gaming genre

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

33. Posted:

I can't say which one I like better cause each offers me a different experience. I like the Wii U for their first party games like Mario Kart, Zelda and Mario games but the lack of third party games doesn't help me. I like some of Playstation's first party games and their JRPGs but I also like the third party games coming to the PS4 or that are out on the PS4.

In the end I am just a gamer and I buy the systems to play games on it doesn't matter what system is better for me even if there is at least one game on it that I enjoy I am a happy gamer.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Emblem

Emblem

34. Posted:

sub12 wrote:

PS4: Do you like Sony's first party offerings?, as well as a wide variety of indie and third party titles, plus the best graphics of this gen? buy it.

Xbox One: Pretty much the same as the PS4 with slightly inferior graphics, and a somewhat smaller library in regards to indies, and in the future, non-AAA Japanese titles. But if you love Gears of War and Halo, buy it.

Wii U: Do Nintendo titles appeal to you more than anything else on the market? buy it

/Thread

Emblem

AuthorMessage
WilliamK

WilliamK

35. Posted:

Well, I'm a big Nintendo fan, have Sony, dislike MS, so the Wii U was the only option for me. Now, the Wii U has the TV Off play which was the main reason I got it. ;-) Plus, I like mostly Nintendo games, so the other consoles wouldn't be an option for me. :-p I know that the Wii U hardware is simpler, but I don't care, I was already blown-out when I saw the HD graphics, since my old Wii had so poor graphics compared to the Wii U. ;-) But I do feel like 3rd party support could be better on the Wii U...

WilliamK

AuthorMessage
SuperWiiU

SuperWiiU

36. Posted:

Emblem wrote:

sub12 wrote:

PS4: Do you like Sony's first party offerings?, as well as a wide variety of indie and third party titles, plus the best graphics of this gen? buy it.

Xbox One: Pretty much the same as the PS4 with slightly inferior graphics, and a somewhat smaller library in regards to indies, and in the future, non-AAA Japanese titles. But if you love Gears of War and Halo, buy it.

Wii U: Do Nintendo titles appeal to you more than anything else on the market? buy it

/Thread

If you add "non-AAA Japanese titles" as a reason to PS4 instead it only being mentioned in the Xbone One piece(it's why I'll buy one eventually). And add backwards compatibility as a reason to own a Wii U if you didn't/don't have a Wii. If it was just the Wii U library I wouldn't have bought one so soon.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

SuperWiiU

AuthorMessage
Artwark

Artwark

37. Posted:

Personally, I am always with Nintendo in this one. If its a game I want and if it isn't anywhere else, I'd go for Nintendo on that one.

Look guys can we all just wait. The Wii U is just starting and its already beating the hell out of Xbox One in terms of sales and quality. And I seriously don't know what Microsoft sees in the kinect than the others? Its really not much of a cool tech that people want and even then, the gimmicks in that thing are beyond the silliness tech that most people pick on Nintendo.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
arnoldlayne83

arnoldlayne83

38. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

Personally, I am always with Nintendo in this one. If its a game I want and if it isn't anywhere else, I'd go for Nintendo on that one.

Look guys can we all just wait. The Wii U is just starting and its already beating the hell out of Xbox One in terms of sales and quality. And I seriously don't know what Microsoft sees in the kinect than the others? Its really not much of a cool tech that people want and even then, the gimmicks in that thing are beyond the silliness tech that most people pick on Nintendo.

In fact Microsoft is dropping the kinect, that was the King of Gimmicks.... still they are paying their absurd marketing strategies at launch, I feel this gen Sony already won the "console war"...

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage
Artwark

Artwark

39. Posted:

@arnoldlayne83 the only reason they won is because of the fanbase and the price of the damm thing. If it were the same as One, I doubt it would win.

What worthwhile gems do you see in PS4 besides maybe Infamous and Uncharted?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
arnoldlayne83

arnoldlayne83

40. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

@arnoldlayne83 the only reason they won is because of the fanbase and the price of the damm thing. If it were the same as One, I doubt it would win.

What worthwhile gems do you see in PS4 besides maybe Infamous and Uncharted?

At the moment, not too many (even if I have to admit I am having a blast playing warframe and warthunder online, plus killzone, despite the meh story, is a goddam shooter, pretty hard and with a very funny gunplay), apart Last of us (didn't have ps3, so for me is kinda new) and Infamous( the only truly nextgen graphic at the moment).... my points were others:

1) from now to xmas my wishlist for ps4 is pretty full... and I can finally say "this game I won't get, there are others I like most", while with WiiU nowadays is more like "should I get the game of this month or get nothing?"

2) Destiny is calling me, the online infrastructure on PS is way better than wiiU, voice chat doesn't requires gimmicks of all sort, and it is so simple to arrange a game with friend

3) Being Italian mean I go crazy for Fifa (and maybe PES too), the lack of it on WiiU is something I can't bear.... as well as the lack of any racing simulation game

4) The Order and Rime looks both interesting, no man's sky is the future game I am most Hyped at all

5) Essentially Ps4 attarcted me more than Xbox1 cos all the multiplats looks better and works better, and 10 million units sold already are an amazing business cards for developers, you know, I would like to avoid to have a second wiiU in a couple of years (talking about lack of ports on the platform)...

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83