Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U update up in NA.

Showing 101 to 120 of 122

AuthorMessage

SKYW4LK3R

101. Posted:

The Internet browser is 10 times better now! You can now switch the view mode to ipad, iphone, android... You can now view videos in-page,save passwords and the resolution of the videos is always hd! The keyboard has a cut/ paste function...This update is super awesome!!!

3ds fc: 2492-4361-9386 Wii U: SKYW4LK3R84

AuthorMessage

skywake

102. Posted:

astros75 wrote:

How large is the update? I don't have much data left on my Internet plan...

Heard it was 700MB so not that big... although maybe it is if you're worried about data usage

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

iphys

103. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Wait, does that mean I can play PunchOut!! Wii on the gamepad!? OHHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOD! :D

Lol, that was the first game I tried, and it looked and sounded great.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

104. Posted:

Updated!

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Cesco

105. Posted:

Off TV play is available on Wii games, but you can't use the GamePad as an actual controller

What a pity. I was already planning on playing Metal Slug while sit on my toilet bowl :-)

Cesco

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

106. Posted:

Now they just need to allow Wii games to run/render in 1080p... Oh crap, did I just say that? Just kidding... We'll see what else Nintendo does via firmware updates in due time, I suppose.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

107. Posted:

Atariboy wrote:

If it was Metal Slug on Metal Slug Anthology, you couldn't of done it anyways. No Classic Controller support there due to a stupid and short lived Nintendo policy that limited the Classic Controller to the Virtual Console. And they even messed up their GameCube support since you only were able to use the analog stick for movement.

What are you talking about?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

108. Posted:

Atariboy wrote:

If a response doesn't make sense, it's always a good policy to look at posts from other individuals that preceded it. In this instance, I'm obviously responding to this post.

Cesco wrote:

Off TV play is available on Wii games, but you can't use the GamePad as an actual controller

What a pity. I was already planning on playing Metal Slug while sit on my toilet bowl :-)

It hardly seemed to warrant quoting it since the connection was obvious and it was from just a few minutes earlier. Now if I was dredging something up from several pages back, a quote would be in order since anyone that read it would understandably not get the connection.

He can still use the Wii remote, which is the controller the game does support. Your post still doesn't make sense taking that into account.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Znerd

109. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

YouTube is incredibly fast now! And I even played a video that I know normally freezes and it's playing perfectly smooth! This is great! :D

I notice this a lot of videos work now Thank you Nintendo

Znerd

3DS Friend Code: 0817-3916-6690 | Nintendo Network ID: ZGameing

AuthorMessage

johnvboy

110. Posted:

astros75 wrote:

How large is the update? I don't have much data left on my Internet plan...

It's around 700mb.

" Never argue with an idiot,all they will do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

AuthorMessage

TimeOutCorner

111. Posted:

Update is getting closer to complete as the seconds tick along :)
Please feel free to use your user signature to advertise your YouTube channel and/or any specific video(s) you like, thank you! — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

TimeOutCorner

AuthorMessage

WebHead

112. Posted:

Downloaded it last night. :)

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Azooooz

113. Posted:

Finished updating the Wii U. It looks better now, but I have a major problem now. I can't seem to access to Wii menu. Every time I choose Wii menu, I get stuck with "Wii menu cannot be accessed" or something like that. Please help.

Pain is weakness, leaving the body.

But

Wii Fit U a day keeps you healthy and strong for days.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

114. Posted:

@Scar392

Have to admit when I was wrong when you were saying this was going to be a substantial update to the OS. Everything seems so much more polished from the video's I've seen.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Kodeen

115. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Kodeen wrote:

skywake wrote:

The only problem I have with the WiiMode Gamepad streaming (other than the buttons) is that you have to have the TV on and point at the right option to enter it. A bit of an oversight I think.

Holding down the B button doesn't work?

ahh, forgot about that. Solutions!

Tried it out this morning and apparently you still need the TV, since you have to select either 'output to TV' or 'output to TV and gamepad'.

Kodeen

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

116. Posted:

...Sooo, the screenshot uploading on the browser still doesn't work for Ultimate huh? :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

117. Posted:

With being able to display Wii games on the Gamepad, I finally have a use for the Gamepad stand that game with the Deluxe set. :)

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

iphys

118. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

Tried it out this morning and apparently you still need the TV, since you have to select either 'output to TV' or 'output to TV and gamepad'.

You can use the left stick on the classic controller to take a shot in the dark at selecting it.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

119. Posted:

Yukari_Sendo wrote:

...Sooo, the screenshot uploading on the browser still doesn't work for Ultimate huh? :/

It won't work for any game that doesn't support miiverse screenshots.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

120. Posted:

iphys wrote:

Kodeen wrote:

You can use the left stick on the classic controller to take a shot in the dark at selecting it.

When I went to Wii menu at startup, it defaulted to the GamePad and TV option. That means you can press B and it will show up on the GamePad. That's how it worked for me, at least.

From what I can see, the only time you would want to go to the home menu is if you want TV only.

$¢@®³’²