Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Thoughts

Showing 61 to 75 of 75

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moosa

61. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

You... don't think PC games are anywhere near capable of recreating Pixar graphics, do you?

Do you realise how much technology it takes over at Pixar to render those movies?!?

Or how long it takes. They have "rendering farms" that are just a pile of high-end computers all networked up that each bear a little part of the load during rendering, and they just leave them there churning away for however many hours or days it takes to render the whole 1.5-3 hours of movie footage. Obviously that's a lot different from a single computer processing gameplay and rendering graphics in real-time at 60+ frames per second.

Edited on by moosa

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

62. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Computer graphics are so far ahead of video game graphics; look at the stuff made by Pixar, Dreamworks, ILM, Weta Digital, etc.

You... don't think PC games are anywhere near capable of recreating Pixar graphics, do you?

Do you realise how much technology it takes over at Pixar to render those movies?!?

I'm talking about computer animated movies and visual effects, video games will reach that point eventually. Some of the stuff on PS3 is getting very close to Pixar and ILM quality.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

63. Posted:

I'm still greatly unimpressed with the Hardware, and even with more 3rd party support, I doubt many will be exclusive. At this point, it's going to take some big 1st party games to sell it to me.

In short, give me the Exploratory Mario game and the console Pokemon that rumor promised me, throw in F-Zero HD, and you'll have youself a buyer, Nintendo.;)

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

64. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I'm still greatly unimpressed with the Hardware, and even with more 3rd party support, I doubt many will be exclusive. At this point, it's going to take some big 1st party games to sell it to me.

In short, give me the Exploratory Mario game and the console Pokemon that rumor promised me, throw in F-Zero HD, and you'll have youself a buyer, Nintendo.;)

If you want F-Zero in HD, Sony has a nice little franchise called Wipeout.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

65. Posted:

moosa wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

You... don't think PC games are anywhere near capable of recreating Pixar graphics, do you?

Do you realise how much technology it takes over at Pixar to render those movies?!?

Or how long it takes. They have "rendering farms" that are just a pile of high-end computers all networked up that each bear a little part of the load during rendering, and they just leave them there churning away for however many hours or days it takes to render the whole 1.5-3 hours of movie footage. Obviously that's a lot different from a single computer processing gameplay and rendering graphics in real-time at 60+ frames per second.

Ok so maybe gaming consoles won't reach the point of Pixar-quality yet. But with services like OnLive, they could easily stream a game with Pixar-quality graphics through their servers. All the processing would be done through the servers, the image would be streamed on the TV or computer screen.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

66. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I'm still greatly unimpressed with the Hardware, and even with more 3rd party support, I doubt many will be exclusive. At this point, it's going to take some big 1st party games to sell it to me.

In short, give me the Exploratory Mario game and the console Pokemon that rumor promised me, throw in F-Zero HD, and you'll have youself a buyer, Nintendo.;)

If you want F-Zero in HD, Sony has a nice little franchise called Wipeout.

Wipeout is my second favourite racing series, but calling it "HD F-Zero" is rediculous, they're two very different series, and that's easy to tell once you've played them.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

67. Posted:

Wipeout looks something like F-Zero and the air brakes support that impression a little, but weapons and wildly different handling make it almost nothing like F-Zero. I love F-Zero and can't stand Wipeout, personally.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

C-195

68. Posted:

I'm still not completely sold on the Wii U yet. This 50% more powerful GPU is disappointing to say the least, I expected 250% more power at minimum. 5 years of technological advancements and this is the most cost effective system they could come up with?
I've also yet to see any 1st party games announced apart from Pikmen and the currently theoretical Smash Bros. That Zelda demo turned into a game would've been incentive enough for me to buy it day one.
All that said, I'll probably get it anyway, knowing me.

C-195

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

69. Posted:

Nukerprime64 wrote:

I'm still not completely sold on the Wii U yet. This 50% more powerful GPU is disappointing to say the least, I expected 250% more power at minimum. 5 years of technological advancements and this is the most cost effective system they could come up with?
I've also yet to see any 1st party games announced apart from Pikmen and the currently theoretical Smash Bros. That Zelda demo turned into a game would've been incentive enough for me to buy it day one.
All that said, I'll probably get it anyway, knowing me.

For me PS3 power is good enough, considering it hasn't been fully tapped yet, and many of it's games look downright gorgeous. So anything above that is just icing on the already delicious HD cake.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Henmii

70. Posted:

I am very skeptical about the Wii u, but I was also skeptical about the current Wii. I still think it's strange that they don't build on the Wiimote technology, and by that I mean: Deliver a better Wiimote! Instead they went for a tablet-like controller, just because the i-pad did sell so well.

At last years E3 I saw some of the potential, but I am still not fully convinced. It sounds like the controller will be filled with all kinds of features, but will all those features be used for gaming and/or make the games better? For example: I really don't need the remote-play feature where you can display the game on your controller, nor do I need to look under cars (one of the demo's showed this). And I would like real analogue sticks instead of the inferior circle-pads.

And now there is the news that the Wii u will be just as powerful as a xbox360. Of course I want a console that is MORE powerful! Chances are high that the new xbox and playstation will be insanely powerful. Even if the Wii u would be a little bit stronger then the 360, it still couldn't catch up with the upcoming consoles. If it's just as strong as a 360, then the gap would be even bigger! No way will all the good games go to the Wii u that way! The developers won't even bother!

Wich brings me to the price: I fear the Wii u will be quite expensive just because of the controller. And to compensate Nintendo delivers weak hardware. If the controller will be that expensive, you almost fear of holding it in your hands! Personally I would prefer a more simple controller and a stronger console instead!

Sorry If this all sounds negative, but those are my worries. At the end it all depends on the games and the price. If they show some very cool Mario/Zelda/Metroid games and the device won't be to expensive I guess I end up with it! Hopefully I will be convinced this years E3!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shining-Void

71. Posted:

@Henmii For the wii u to be inferior the xbox 720 would be 800+ plus dollars.
I like the wii u remote, but i worry that devs will make games no one wants. I need to see a wii u exclusive before I make judgement. (a.k.a E3)

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prof_Clayton

72. Posted:

whoa! this is a really old thread!
And my thoughts on WiiU= E3

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more!
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OrdonianLink

73. Posted:

I heard you could only use 1 of the Wii U's controllers, if that is true it'd be kind of a let-down for people like me who were hoping to play something like Four Swords with friends/family

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & Link977
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day
Where the NL Chat was born... kinda

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836

♪All Those Years Ago♪

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Flamingbird

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

74. Posted:

@PurpleLink, why would, "The Four Swords Adeventure," make an appearance on the WiiU, in the first place? If it somehow did, the WiiU will be backwards compatible with your WiiMotes. Nintendo knows what they're doing, I hope... :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Henmii

75. Posted:

"I heard you could only use 1 of the Wii U's controllers"

They say Nintendo is looking into this. Depending on the game I think it makes most sense if all 4 players (if we are talking about a 4-player game of course) could use the same controller!

"whoa! this is a really old thread!"

Absolutely! But I couldn't find a different thread, one that is more active. But you are right: This years E3 it should impress!

Henmii