Forums

Topic: Wii U Tech Specifications Similar To Those Of X Box 360?

Posts 41 to 60 of 98

LordTendoboy

YellowChocobo wrote:

Nintendo is not alone in imposing unnecessary restrictions on the technology games developers have to work with. Eeeeeeeeeeeveryone does it.

Exactly. It's called working withing the confines of the technology you're given (whether it's a storage device or gaming hardware).

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Bankai

tendoboy1984 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Nintendo is not alone in imposing unnecessary restrictions on the technology games developers have to work with. Eeeeeeeeeeeveryone does it.

Exactly. It's called working withing the confines of the technology you're given (whether it's a storage device or gaming hardware).

Wow. Really? You didn't get what I was saying in my previous comment?

shingi_70

tendoboy1984 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

XBLA had a small limit when it first started. A year or two microsoft opened the limit to 1GB. Now the Limit for XBLA content is 4GB.

Look at section: 8 prejudice. That's a PSN/XBLA game that's better than most retail games in its genre and that wouldn't hit wiiware.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LordTendoboy

YellowChocobo wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Wow. Really? You didn't get what I was saying in my previous comment?

Well the OnLive thing is still in it's infancy stages. Until broadband speeds are fast enough for lag-free gaming, and data caps are removed (never going to happen), OnLive will have a very hard time reaching the mainstream market.

Many people are perfectly happy with the way PSN, Xbox Live, iOS, etc. are right now. And as of right now, the world just isn't ready for a data-intensive service like OnLive or Gakai.

[...

Bankai

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

XBLA had a small limit when it first started. A year or two microsoft opened the limit to 1GB. Now the Limit for XBLA content is 4GB.

Look at section: 8 prejudice. That's a PSN/XBLA game that's better than most retail games in its genre and that wouldn't hit wiiware.

God of War HD PSN - 9.8GB. Great game, too.

Chrono_Cross

Not to encourage anything here but I judge love it when you two debate.

...because it never goes anywhere.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Lan

Once my friends couldn't beat a boss on god of war. I had never played it. I asked if I could try. I beat him on my first try

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

LordTendoboy

YellowChocobo wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Microsoft offers full disc-based games on Xbox Live. Xbox Live Arcade is a separate service from the total Xbox Marketplace, it's specifically for smaller arcade-style games (like WiiWare). Sony's equivalent would be PS Minis.

[...

FOREST_RANGER

MOVING ON! I think it's safe to assume that the WiiU will be more powerful than the Xbox. Doubt its processor will surpass PS3's though. I sorta wish Nintendo had looked to nVidia for their GPUs, mainly because they're better at tessellation than ATI (at least when using Direct3D 11), meaning that the WiiU would've been able to output less jagged 3D models. But it'd be more expensive, and I'm an ATI fanboy

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

shingi_70

tendoboy1984 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Microsoft offers full disc-based games on Xbox Live. Xbox Live Arcade is a separate service from the total Xbox Marketplace, it's specifically for smaller arcade-style games (like WiiWare). Sony's equivalent would be PS Minis.

PSN is the XBLA/Wiiware store. Mini's are supposed to be more in line with iphone gaming.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

LordTendoboy

bobbiKat wrote:

MOVING ON! I think it's safe to assume that the WiiU will be more powerful than the Xbox. Doubt its processor will surpass PS3's though. I sorta wish Nintendo had looked to nVidia for their GPUs, mainly because they're better at tessellation than ATI (at least when using Direct3D 11), meaning that the WiiU would've been able to output less jagged 3D models. But it'd be more expensive, and I'm an ATI fanboy

Jaggies have been a part of 3D gaming on consoles [and now handhelds] for the past 15 years. What magical technology will remove jaggies completely?

[...

FOREST_RANGER

tendoboy1984 wrote:

bobbiKat wrote:

Jaggies have been a part of 3D gaming on consoles [and now handhelds] for the past 15 years. What magical technology will remove jaggies completely?

Either 2014 PC GPU's using DirectX 11 or OpenGL 4.0 API's to display models with indistinguishable vertices when viewed as a wireframe, voxels (3d pixels like legos), or some new and smarter computer graphics algorithm that renders geometry processing obsolete.

EDIT: I'll also add NURBS, which is a method of representing a 3D object based on mathematics rather than coordinates of vertexes in space. Similar to how vector images are different from raster images.

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

motang

I would take this with a grain of salt, but then again Nintendo hasn't pushed the tech in a long time, and they don't necessarily have to nowadays.

NIN10DO

Twitter:

LzWinky

Games sell gaming systems. Don't be fooled by Sony's TGS conference!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

lz20XX wrote:

Games sell gaming systems. Don't be fooled by Sony's TGS conference!

Not any more. More than Half the Wii's and Xboxs bought during black friday were 2nd consoles that would be used as cheap media streaming boxes. (or in the case of the Wii netflix only)

My Mom bought an Xbox over the weekend with Kinect for herself. She's using it as Media only device with the only games on it are the Pac-man stuff and bejewled.

WAT!

James

shingi_70 wrote:

Not any more. More than Half the Wii's and Xboxs bought during black friday were 2nd consoles that would be used as cheap media streaming boxes. (or in the case of the Wii netflix only)

That's an interesting statistics; where did you read that?

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

shingi_70

James wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

One part Analyst Rubbish the other part working part time retail.

Worked in the electronics section during Black Friday. Alot of the buyers were buying the second or third systems for Netlix streaming for the kids and what not.

WAT!

edhe

misswliu81 wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Games sell gaming systems.

this.

And what if developers don't want to make games for an underpowered games console? If Sony and Microsoft's consoles blow Nintendo's out of the water in terms of power, what's stopping the game companies just giving up on Nintendo?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Magi

shingi_70 wrote:

James wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

One part Analyst Rubbish the other part working part time retail.

Worked in the electronics section during Black Friday. Alot of the buyers were buying the second or third systems for Netlix streaming for the kids and what not.

I purchased two Xbox bundles over Black Friday and 1 PS3 bundle a week or two earlier. The primary focus of the PS3 is a Blu-Ray/Netflix player. One of the xbox bundles upgrades my current xbox. The (replaced) older xbox goes to my daughter for primarily Netflix viewing and the other new bundle goes to my son for 50/50 Netflix/Gaming. Hopefully this new cable-tv-like viewing on the Xbox systems will be great too.

Nutshell> non-gaming activities were a significant part of the decision making for my purchases.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.