Forums

Topic: Wii U Surpasses 1,000,000 sales Worldwide

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

kyuubikid213

Why hasn't this been reported yet? In an article on nintendolife?

They passed the 1 million mark as of 19 December 2012 according to Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U

I hope this isn't some fake info...

One million is a good number. And they achieved it in a month (counting NA release)...It's not exactly what they wanted, but this shows that 5 million by March isn't impossible.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

19Robb92

That's great

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Aviator

Because it's Wikipedia.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

hiptanaka

Wikipedia is great if you look up the references. In this case, Nintendo Life is one of the references, where it says 400k+ units has been sold in Japan. Another of the references is one of the sources reporting 400k+ units sold during the launch week in the US. The third reference is a broken link. Technically, Wikipedia is wrong in claiming Wii U have sold 1M+ units from these sources, but I think it's pretty safe to assume this when you include Europe and the continued sales in Japan and the US.

Metroid 5?

HandheldGuru97

Well I stand corrected if these numbers are true the Wii U will outsell the Vita by the end of January!

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

xBASSxMONSTAx

Wii U is great and all, I love mine but I still feel they should of kept it back and released it in the new year as there are just so many bugs that need fixing, we will need about 3 or 4 big updates just to fix most of them. Very bad launch from Nintendo if I may say. And yes its a new console and some bugs are expected but not this much, that's just taking the piss. Nintendo rushed it out you can tell. I tell you what if my console or gamepad starts to go wrong like the many stories I've heard within the next month or so I'm getting a full refund and wont be interested in buying another until mid 2013. Not happy with Ninty at all.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Mk_II

Nintendo were forced to release fairly quick to satisfy shareholders. just like the 3DS was rush released in March to "artificially" boost the numbers in the final month of that fiscal year. So blame the accountants, not Iwata and Miyamoto. Thats also why we're seeing so much Mario games now, they're maximizing turnover. It's a business and they have make money somehow.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

hiptanaka

It's a decent launch I think, but I hope they start dropping the heavy bombs soon. (Metroid 5, please.)

Metroid 5?

MAB

@xBASSxMONSTAx Are you still nursing your DUD of DEATH mate... I have already told you lot to go and return the pieces of crap for an exchange so stop posting whinge stories because the reality is it's your fault for not taking up your right as a consumer

MAB

brooks83

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@xBASSxMONSTAx Are you still nursing your DUD of DEATH mate... I have already told you lot to go and return the pieces of crap for an exchange so stop posting whinge stories because the reality is it's your fault for not taking up your right as a consumer

He could exchange it, but if he has any transfers from the Wii or any downloads from the eShop he will have to send it to Nintendo where it could take weeks to get back.

And, he's right about Nintendo ironing out the bugs before launching the system. If this were the days before the Internet and system updates and patches, they could have never gotten away with it.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

SCRAPPER392

Ya, no offence Bass Monsta, but you just need to return your console and get a new one, instead of dealing with a faulty machine, then saying it's overall the Wii U console's design and such. My parents are the same way. We got an emachine years ago that was slow and sh***y right out of the box. My parents said they're not returning it, so we dealt with a piece of s*** for 2 years that could have been replaced/fixed day 2. Remember that people build these consoles by hand at a factory, too, so it's not always(if ever) Nintendo's fault if your Wii U isn't working right.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MAB

brooks83 wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

He could exchange it, but if he has any transfers from the Wii or any downloads from the eShop he will have to send it to Nintendo where it could take weeks to get back.

And, he's right about Nintendo ironing out the bugs before launching the system. If this were the days before the Internet and system updates and patches, they could have never gotten away with it.

Because those were the days when consumers returned their faulty products instead of waiting for a miracle patch that might never show up

MAB

brooks83

That might be the worst article I've ever read. The author is saying analysts are the reason that Nintendo's shares are down 26.1%, which is just ridiculous. And I'm a little curious why his lack of knowledge about how stocks work is even showcased in an article about sales of Wii U compared to 360 and PS3. There is more that affects stock price than just sales.

brooks83

Bankai

brooks83 wrote:

That might be the worst article I've ever read. The author is saying analysts are the reason that Nintendo's shares are down 26.1%, which is just ridiculous. And I'm a little curious why his lack of knowledge about how stocks work is even showcased in an article about sales of Wii U compared to 360 and PS3. There is more that affects stock price than just sales.

gavn64

it will do well in japan i think and i hope over here in europe it seems weird to say it but after pikmin 3 gets released e3 cant come soon enough

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

Schprocket

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Wii U is great and all, I love mine but I still feel they should of kept it back and released it in the new year as there are just so many bugs that need fixing, we will need about 3 or 4 big updates just to fix most of them. Very bad launch from Nintendo if I may say. And yes its a new console and some bugs are expected but not this much, that's just taking the piss. Nintendo rushed it out you can tell. I tell you what if my console or gamepad starts to go wrong like the many stories I've heard within the next month or so I'm getting a full refund and wont be interested in buying another until mid 2013. Not happy with Ninty at all.

So many bugs? 3 or 4 massive updates?

Please list them/yours in detail or provide a link to your source of reference because I live under a rock with my Wii U and we know nothing of these many bugs you speak of, and I'm afraid now to come out in case the sky is falling.

Seriously man, you have a career as a UK tabloid journo laid out in front of you if you can't provide proof or the bugs of which you speak are actually more game-developer issues...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5050-7443-2444

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.