Forums

Topic: Wii U sales fall below PS Vita's for the first time

Posts 1 to 20 of 60

xBASSxMONSTAx

Wii U sold 9633 units in Japan last week, according to number-cruncher Media Create (via NeoGAF). Vita sold 11,456 units - the handheld's highest weekly tally for some time. The bump is probably due to some stores acting early on the recently announced Japanese price drop.

That discount isn't supposed to go into effect until tomorrow, so expect Vita numbers to be higher again next week.

By comparison, PlayStation 3 sold nearly double - 18,529 - what Wii U managed. And as in other weeks, 3DS was miles ahead of everything with 74,729 sales.

Source - VG247

Oh god. We know we are in trouble when the PS Vita starts outselling Wii-U.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

RancidVomit86

Almost had me check outside to make sure the sky wasn't falling

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

Demmi-Alpha

Oh god. We know we are in trouble when the PS Vita starts outselling Wii-U.

Artist and Game Designer

Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

Aren't Lucario's paws adorable?

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/ (I review stuff here, check it out : P )

I love to rev up those fryers!

Ristar the Shooting Star fanboy!

I gave birth to Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'm a kangaroo!

I'M SWELLTASTIC!

SHELDONRANDOMS X UNDEAD_TERROR IN ALL CAPS LOCK GLORY!!!

Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

CrazyOtto

The Vita's outselling the Wii U in Japan and the UK while the Wii U's still outselling the Vita in North America and mainland Europe. But that doesn't mean either of them are doing too good at all right now.

CrazyOtto

Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Tasuki

And yet another Gloom and doom thread. I wish I would get a nickle every time one of these pops up.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RancidVomit86

Untitled

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

Scollurio

inhaling to prepare for a long long long post
...

Uhm. No.

There is no knowledge, that is not power.

Twitter:

KidRad

Dissapointing sales figures don't determin how much fun I'm having on that particular console or game.
But yup...Hurray, more negative Doom & Gloom garble garble to add to the slew of already depressing Wii U 'Forum/interwebz' memories. Hurry up Nintendo and release Pikmin 3, Game & Wario and The Wonderful-101 this spring so we can turn this negative press upside down.

It's going to take a new 3D Mario, Price cut and 10 free Gamecube VC games to please the kiddies! lol

Edited on by KidRad

Currently Playing: TMNT II: The Arcade game
NIntendo Fanatic & King of NES Tekkidome!

CrazyOtto

WaveBoy wrote:

Seriously. This is the 3DS launch(except worse) all over again.

Unless you're talking about sales instead of games, nothing was worse than the 3DS launch IMO.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

shingi_70

Both are underperforming.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

KidRad

MrSRArter wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Seriously. This is the 3DS launch(except worse) all over again.

Unless you're talking about sales instead of games, nothing was worse than the 3DS launch IMO.

Sales were good, but the launch line up was Monkey Balls. Thankfully PilotWings Resort was the shining star. The stereoscopic 3D made ALL the difference. However, Nintendog's + Cats was mediocre....And this is coming from somebody who loved the DS original, but it was also groundbreaking for the time where as the 3DS sequal is more of the same but in stereoscopic 3D....Which was also mediocre. Steel Diver was 'alright', Super Monkey Ball 3D was a complete waste of time with the amazing 3D effect being it's only saving grace. The stage design/diffiuclty felt like it was for toddlers. Didn't play Rayman 2 and SSFIV 3D Remix's frame rate 'in 3D' was bogged down to 30fps...And the static paper cut out people and animals in the environments made the experience feel....Well, lifeless.lol

I unboxed my 3DS right after Nintendo's E3 in June more than 2 months after it's launch. So, it was a bit better for me since the eShop became available with Super Mario Land, Kirby's Dreamland & Excite Bike: 3D Classics.

Edited on by KidRad

Currently Playing: TMNT II: The Arcade game
NIntendo Fanatic & King of NES Tekkidome!

Shrapmo

Blast you Vita!!! Revengence will be mine!!!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

Scollurio

Shrapmo wrote:

Blast you Vita!!! Revengence will be mine!!!

made me chuckle.

Revengeance ... and Unbounded
best words 2012/2013 so far..

There is no knowledge, that is not power.

Twitter:

Jaz007

WaveBoy wrote:

MrSRArter wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Seriously. This is the 3DS launch(except worse) all over again.

Unless you're talking about sales instead of games, nothing was worse than the 3DS launch IMO.

Sales were good, but the launch line up was Monkey Balls. Thankfully PilotWings Resort was the shining star. The stereoscopic 3D made ALL the difference. However, Nintendog's + Cats was mediocre....And this is coming from somebody who loved the DS original, but it was also groundbreaking for the time where as the 3DS sequal is more of the same but in stereoscopic 3D....Which was also mediocre. Steel Diver was 'alright', Super Monkey Ball 3D was a complete waste of time with the amazing 3D effect being it's only saving grace. The stage design/diffiuclty felt like it was for toddlers. Didn't play Rayman 2 and SSFIV 3D Remix's frame rate 'in 3D' was bogged down to 30fps...And the static paper cut out people and animals in the environments made the experience feel....Well, lifeless.lol

I unboxed my 3DS right after Nintendo's E3 in June more than 2 months after it's launch. So, it was a bit better for me since the eShop became available with Super Mario Land, Kirby's Dreamland & Excite Bike: 3D Classics.

You forgot Samurai Warriors: Chronicles. That was a great launch game and is one of the best 3DS games. I found no disappointment with the launch lineup because of this game.

Jaz007

Discostew

Vita had about a year head start. It had its drought, but now games are starting to come out for it, so it gives people a reason to get it. Very much like the 3DS, only that it took longer for the Vita. Wii U is in the same predicament, so now it is in its drought whereas the Vita is slowly crawling out of one. just because the Vita is selling more now doesn't mean the Wii U is "doomed".

As a dev of blargSNES, just stop with the claims that o3DS can emulate SNES games accurately @ 60fps. It cannot.

Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

xBASSxMONSTAx

Discostew wrote:

just because the Vita is selling more now doesn't mean the Wii U is "doomed".

Well why is every game journalist saying it is then?

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Tasuki

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Discostew wrote:

just because the Vita is selling more now doesn't mean the Wii U is "doomed".

Well why is every game journalist saying it is then?

Because they are idiots.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

I would hope a handheld in Japan would sell more than a console that has factually had almost no retail games post-launch.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

V8_Ninja

Not really. The PS Vita just got a price cut in Japan and Japan absolutely loves its handhelds, so it's not a huge surprise that this happened.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic