Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Remote

Showing 21 to 40 of 41

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

21. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

This is a good argument

Glad you're becoming familiar with my work.. lol

There won't be a redesign anyways, so our discussion one way or the other won't matter much

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

22. Posted:

Deeda wrote:

I honestly don't know, but I doubt it. They make more money with the add-on (I don't know the exact price, I have never bought a Motion Plus, but I know one needs to pay extra), and it's easy to get rechargeable batteries (or a Wii remote charger).

I'm not sure if they even sell the Motion Plus addon anymore. It's included in the controller and has been for quite a while.

@ the OP... I don't know why they'd want to and the only way I could see them doing something like that would be with a vastly improved classic controller. Which they've already done with the Pro Controller. So I think the Pro Controller is the answer to your question.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marks

23. Posted:

@Skywake
Really? Wow, I've been living under a rock.
Thanks for catching that, though.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

24. Posted:

It won't happen.
The main point of having the Wii U compatible with Wii Remotes was so that people don't need to go out and buy a new set of controllers.
If they just went out and made a better Wii Remote which newer games then utilised, then all the older Wii Remotes would soon become pretty redundant.
That'd kinda suck considering I have three pretty new Wii Remote Plus's.
The GamePad (or Pro controller) will be the main controller for most games anyway.

Edited on by BenAV

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

25. Posted:

You are assuming WiiU users wil be only old Wii users? And if so, having a new remote where you dont need to recenter it so frequently would be quite well accepted by any user.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

26. Posted:

@IAmNotWill I'm holding the Wii remote in my hand right now, and I have no problem accessing those bottom buttons.

I always have trouble accessing those buttons because I have to slide my thumb all the way down to access them. Try doing that when playing a game like Call of Duty, if you want to see that scoreboard you have to move your thumb all the way down leaving you a sitting target because you can't get to the other buttons quick enough.

The only thing those 1 and 2 buttons are good for are when the Wii Remote is on its side to use for jumping, gas/brake etc. any other time and you have to stretch your finger all the way down to reach those two buttons. If they were up near the A button then it wouldn't been as bad.

Some games can deal with having very little buttons, Skyward Sword did this very well and even though you couldn't equip two items at a time, Nintendo made everything to be swapped around on the fly. But a game that is on the edge of your seat action and you need to reach those two buttons quickly... well, your done for. The Wii Remote could do with a revision, maybe not a complete overhaul, but just enough so you can get more buttons to use.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drawdler

27. Posted:

It would be nice, but I'd only get one if it came with the system. In other words, no, I don't want a slight upgrade to something I have six of that will bump up the price of my system.

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

28. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

The main point of having the Wii U compatible with Wii Remotes was so that people don't need to go out and buy a new set of controllers.

Right, because it's not like we had to buy new sets of controllers with the Wii... (Remotes, nunchucks, classic controllers, classic controller pros, motion plus, etc.)

BenAV wrote:

If they just went out and made a better Wii Remote which newer games then utilised, then all the older Wii Remotes would soon become pretty redundant.

Which is exactly what happened when motion plus came out, so Nintendo is certainly not above doing so. I mean, old remotes would still be compatible depending on the game, exactly like with the non-motion plus remotes.

BenAV wrote:

The GamePad (or Pro controller) will be the main controller for most games anyway.

You're just assuming that.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

29. Posted:

I think their just going to stick with Wii motion plus remotes.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SonyFACE

30. Posted:

I wish they would make a remote with the 4 buttons where the A button is, a wireless nunchuk with motionplus and click sticks. I just know they're not going to.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Portista

31. Posted:

Untitled
Totally the new remote for the Wii U. Honestly, why would they change the controller design? :|

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

32. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

BenAV wrote:

If they just went out and made a better Wii Remote which newer games then utilised, then all the older Wii Remotes would soon become pretty redundant.

Which is exactly what happened when motion plus came out, so Nintendo is certainly not above doing so. I mean, old remotes would still be compatible depending on the game, exactly like with the non-motion plus remotes.

It is true that the Wii Remote Plus did make the original Wii Remote fairly obsolete when it comes to games that support MotionPlus.
However, at least the original Wii Remotes can still be used for MotionPlus games with the MotionPlus accessory, so the older Wii Remotes aren't completely redundant (and I know that the MotionPlus accessory isn't as accurate as the Wii Remote Plus at time, but that wasn't intended so it isn't really relevant).
Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wasn't too bothered with forking out the money to buy a second set of improves Wii Remotes, but would be starting to get a little annoyed if they released yet another improve model making the second set rather obsolete.
I'm not saying that it's impossible for them to release a new model of the Wii Remote, but personally I really just can't see it happening.

DudeSean wrote:

BenAV wrote:

The GamePad (or Pro controller) will be the main controller for most games anyway.

You're just assuming that.

Of course I am, the system isn't even out yet.
I didn't realise I have to point that out.
Everything that I've said is just my guess, and everyone else is welcome to share a different opinion.
I, personally, just find it very hard to believe that they're going to release this new console with this big, expensive new controller which they're using as the main selling point to the system and then not use that as the main controller for the system.
I'm sure a lot of games with have alternative control options (Wii Remote/Pro controller) and there might be some games that are built solely for Wii MotionPlus, but I think it's pretty safe to say that most games will use the GamePad as the primary controller.

As I said, this is all just my opinion and I'm not trying to state facts, feel free to disagree.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

33. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

You're just assuming that.

Untitled

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

34. Posted:

I'm going to just list a few things I think people have been doing wrong in this thread

  • Wireless Nunchucks would not work without either a limit to the number you could use or a huge expense
  • Gyros on the Nunchuck... why? How would you zero them?
  • New Nunchucks are not new Wii Remotes
  • You want an improved Wii Remote? Motion Plus says hi
  • You want a controller with more buttons? the Pro Controller says hi
  • You want a new controller designed with the Wii U in mind? The GamePad says hi
  • You want a battery pack? buy a battery pack.

Any Questions?

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dragonfly224

35. Posted:

skywake wrote:

I'm going to just list a few things I think people have been doing wrong in this thread

  • Wireless Nunchucks would not work without either a limit to the number you could use or a huge expense
  • Gyros on the Nunchuck... why? How would you zero them?
  • New Nunchucks are not new Wii Remotes
  • You want an improved Wii Remote? Motion Plus says hi
  • You want a controller with more buttons? the Pro Controller says hi
  • You want a new controller designed with the Wii U in mind? The GamePad says hi
  • You want a battery pack? buy a battery pack.

Any Questions?

[/div]

You sir, you win. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Edited on by Dragonfly224

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel
Gamertag: Dragonfly224
Playstation Network ID: Tonbo224

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

36. Posted:

skywake wrote:

  • Gyros on the Nunchuck... why? How would you zero them?

So the nunchuck can have as much control as the motion plus. It could be used to make games where you hold sword and shield more interactive.
As for your second question, how will we zero the wii u pro controller? That's going to have all the gyros and stuff, right?

skywake wrote:

  • New Nunchucks are not new Wii Remotes

Who said they were? I felt it would be better to mention it here instead of making a second thread just for that. I suppose I should have included it in the thread name so it would be relevant, huh?

skywake wrote:

  • You want an improved Wii Remote? Motion Plus says hi

Well, a new remote is inevitable. It's just either going to happen during the Wii U's lifespan or the next system.

skywake wrote:

  • You want a controller with more buttons? the Pro Controller says hi

But that's a different kind of controller. You can't emulate swinging a sword with the pro controller. Games like that deserve to have enough buttons as well.

skywake wrote:

  • You want a new controller designed with the Wii U in mind? The GamePad says hi

The Wii U Pro controller says "hi," too. Like I already said, though, a new remote is inevitable.

skywake wrote:

  • You want a battery pack? buy a battery pack.

I have one. I was just speculating what all new features the new remote could have.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

37. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

skywake wrote:

Gyros on the Nunchuck... why? How would you zero them?

So the nunchuck can have as much control as the motion plus. It could be used to make games where you hold sword and shield more interactive.
As for your second question, how will we zero the wii u pro controller? That's going to have all the gyros and stuff, right?
rant rant rant rant*

The Gamepad has a digital 3D compass to zero it and I doubt there will be many games where you have to swing it around like a sword. More of the 3DS "look around" sort of thing which doesn't really cause the same sort of drift given it's slow motions for short bursts. How the Pro Controller fits into this I don't know.

As for dual wielding Motion Plus... why not just dual wield Motion Plus? Nothing stopping you from using two Wii Remotes at once. I wonder why that hasn't yet happened.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ToastyYogurt

38. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

BenAV wrote:

If they just went out and made a better Wii Remote which newer games then utilised, then all the older Wii Remotes would soon become pretty redundant.

[/div]

Which is exactly what happened when motion plus came out, so Nintendo is certainly not above doing so. I mean, old remotes would still be compatible depending on the game, exactly like with the non-motion plus remotes.

Making a better remote with features that could be added to older remotes via an addon is one thing. Changing the controller's layout to add buttons is another. With the Wii Remote Plus, you could still use old Wiimotes by slapping Motion Pluses on them. But if you're going to add buttons, that means, everybody needs new controllers, and it seems like Nintendo isn't going to make new controllers beyond the Gamepad and Pro Controller, not this late in the design stage. And making a new Wiimote after Wii U launches would be stupid, as developers/publishers will have to take into account that not everybody has the new remotes, and many won't want to take the risk of a loss of sales because consumers didn't want to buy new remotes. This is one of the things that stops the Motion Plus from being used in many games. A lot of the games that support it just use it to enhance things that you could do with a regular Wiimote, but the only games I've known that absolutely require it are Wii Sports Resort, Red Steel 2, and Skyward Sword. I'm sure there's more, but the thing is there isn't a lot of games that do something so innovating with Motion Plus that you absolutely need one. I think this goes the same for the 3DS's Circle Pad Pro. I think Nintendo should've learn their lesson now about releasing these kind of things after console launch.

I'm pretty okay.
This is my pretty okay Toastyloggery.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

39. Posted:

skywake wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

rant rant rant rant*

Aren't you funny?

skywake wrote:

As for dual wielding Motion Plus... why not just dual wield Motion Plus? Nothing stopping you from using two Wii Remotes at once. I wonder why that hasn't yet happened.

That's exactly what's stopping me from doing it. No games using it.

Destroyer64 wrote:

Making a better remote with features that could be added to older remotes via an addon is one thing. Changing the controller's layout to add buttons is another. With the Wii Remote Plus, you could still use old Wiimotes by slapping Motion Pluses on them. But if you're going to add buttons, that means, everybody needs new controllers, and it seems like Nintendo isn't going to make new controllers beyond the Gamepad and Pro Controller, not this late in the design stage. And making a new Wiimote after Wii U launches would be stupid, as developers/publishers will have to take into account that not everybody has the new remotes, and many won't want to take the risk of a loss of sales because consumers didn't want to buy new remotes. This is one of the things that stops the Motion Plus from being used in many games. A lot of the games that support it just use it to enhance things that you could do with a regular Wiimote, but the only games I've known that absolutely require it are Wii Sports Resort, Red Steel 2, and Skyward Sword. I'm sure there's more, but the thing is there isn't a lot of games that do something so innovating with Motion Plus that you absolutely need one. I think this goes the same for the 3DS's Circle Pad Pro. I think Nintendo should've learn their lesson now about releasing these kind of things after console launch.

What exactly are you arguing here? That they shouldn't release a new remote during the Wii U's life span at all? Personally, I think releasing a new remote at launch seems stupid, since there's already so many new controller to buy at launch.

Do you think that the remote could be improved? What do you imagine a new remote for a nintendo system to look like and how would it function?

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

40. Posted:

@DudeSean
I'm not going to respond to every response you make to every sentence I type. The only points you made that I thought were worth responding to was the one about dual wielding motion plus and "well the GamePad can't zero itself". The latter was technically wrong and the former is already possible. The rest was just smug "I'm right because I'm right" stuffs so I wasn't going to bother.

and I wasn't responding to you in my first post anyways so I was pretty surprised that you took it so personally.

NNID: skywake