Forums

Topic: New Wii U Owner's Help

Posts 41 to 58 of 58

Seancy

The headphones don't work anywhere, at all. Yeah I think it's the jack too. Which is a shame.. Not really something to fork out the repair fee over though.. I'm wondering if it'd be a fairly simple fix for a PC repair shop or something? I'm just worried because I doubt any local repair shops would have any Wii U experience.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1234-0333Add me for Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, and Animal Crossing, when it's out. Anyone looking for a Graphic Designer contact me at [email protected]

Please follow my art blog at http://seancy.tumblr.com/

MAB

@Seancy have you played with the gamepad sound options?

Press the HOME button and go to gamepad settings or try in the main system settings

I checked out your problem on a ninty tech site and it said to try all the things we have gone through and to check the sound settings so I'm leaning more towards a faulty jack mate

MAB

Seancy

@MadAussieBloke Thanks man, might look you up on Miiverse if that's cool with you?

Edited on by Seancy

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1234-0333Add me for Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, and Animal Crossing, when it's out. Anyone looking for a Graphic Designer contact me at [email protected]

Please follow my art blog at http://seancy.tumblr.com/

Shrapmo

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I'm the only one making this thread effective It would have quickly sunk to the bottom of the pile if I wasn't around.

Hey! Im the one who kept posting when that one guy said it would fail!!!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

theblackdragon

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Wait, is this a Wii U questions thread or a Wii U questions and answers thread?

I'm not really sure. may as well be both, i guess, but maybe that'd make it more of a 'FAQ thread', idk :3

That said, @everyone_else — if y'all truly expect me to go around locking/redirecting to this one thread every single time someone comes in with a question, you've all got another thing coming. Similar questions I can redirect to a similar thread, but for heaven's sake it's a brand new console and it's going to take time before things settle down around here. I've been working to take care of the more prominent duplicate-thread offenders and Ant's working on something that may solve the 'endless Wii U questions clogging the forum' problem, but for now, your patience with the influx of newbies is greatly appreciated.

also, if you're not in the mood to answer them, just let someone else do it and move on, please. no one's twisting your arm to say anything if you don't want to :3
also, I'm totally gonna use SCAR392's post as an example whenever someone gets uppity about the way i do things, so thanks for that, mang :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

MAB

@TBD You don't have to worry mate I have been doing all the redirecting and answering with some productive trolling thrown into the mix... MAB's got it all under control

MAB

theblackdragon

@MAB: if you check the first page of this thread you'll find that you haven't, actually — in fact, tbqh that's the only reason i checked out this thread in the first place. the legit answers have been good, but the 'productive trolling' didn't go down so well where my inbox was concerned, so let's stick to the legit answers, please :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

Well, I just gonna continue this thread with the expectation of helping out the users that know better to actually look for a thread like this. Also, I making this thread more specific "Wii U Questions thread" is way to open ended. This could go anywere from speculation to a rumor about a game that probably never going to be developed, to some random new user asking to add him on Nintendo Network. Regardless, I'll make this thread more specific so users can feel more comfortable about making a new thread that has anything to do with a Wii U Question because making a thread that cancels out all threads regarding Wii U Questions out is not what I had in mind. Maybe just the pointless, one answer questions but thats about it :3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

skywake

Not sure if I like the idea of this thread that much. A questions about a TV or network setup and ones about compatible controllers probably shouldn't really all be squished into one thread. By their very nature some of those sort of threads go on long interesting tangents. That said someone asking some of the more obvious non-troubleshooting type questions is never going to do a search. If they were they'd find their answer here, on some other site or on the damn packaging itself and wouldn't need to create a new thread.

Forums are built for discussion not bland Q&A.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Sean_Aaron

I have to say I feel pressured to answer every last question posted here so I really hope The Black Dragon gives up her paid job to moderate the Wii U forum full time. Won't anyone think of my needs?

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

LeHolma

I have a newbie question - how do you use the gamepad along side the other remotes ala Assassins Creed 3/Darksiders II?

I'd like to use the gamepad for the inventory/map feature and use the Pro Controller for game controls. Is this even possible?

Thanks for the help!

LeHolma

TysonOfTime

LeHolma wrote:

I have a newbie question - how do you use the gamepad along side the other remotes ala Assassins Creed 3/Darksiders II?

I'd like to use the gamepad for the inventory/map feature and use the Pro Controller for game controls. Is this even possible?

Thanks for the help!

I do not believe so. To the most of my knowledge, if you use the Pro Controller, you sacrifice the GamePad benefits.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

SCRAPPER392

skywake wrote:

Not sure if I like the idea of this thread that much. A questions about a TV or network setup and ones about compatible controllers probably shouldn't really all be squished into one thread. By their very nature some of those sort of threads go on long interesting tangents. That said someone asking some of the more obvious non-troubleshooting type questions is never going to do a search. If they were they'd find their answer here, on some other site or on the damn packaging itself and wouldn't need to create a new thread.

Forums are built for discussion not bland Q&A.

Ya, I have to agree on that one... I don't really have any questions thanks to Google, so discussing or answering questions of people who don't use Google can make a thread cool. Othertimes it gets locked, and we understand. In the end, everything's ok.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Nintengirl

I REALLY need some help. I've had my WiiU for about a month now. I went to play Arkham City a couple minutes ago when I noticed my right stick wasn't working. It was unresponsive in the menu and when I played Arkahm City it caused the camera to continuously spin. I had played it a couple hours earlier and it was fine. I tried resetting but nothing happened. Can someone help?

Edited on by Nintengirl

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

TysonOfTime

Nintengirl wrote:

I REALLY need some help. I've had my WiiU for about a month now. I went to play Arkham City a couple minutes ago when I noticed my right analog stick wasn't working. It was unresponsive in the menu and when I played Arkahm City it caused the camera to continuously spin. I had played it a couple hours earlier and it was fine. I tried resetting but nothing happened. Can someone help?

Yeah, that happened to me too. I went to the main Wii U menu, messed around with it, and then booted up AC again and it worked perfectly.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Nintengirl

I guess I'll just play around with it until it works. Just making sure I wasn't the only one who had this problem.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

cornishlee

I suspect the answer's no, but does anyone know if there's a way of altering the web browser to portrait instead of landscpe?

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.