Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Pro Controller discussion

Showing 101 to 120 of 143

AuthorMessage

GamerJunkie

101. Posted:

You can't use the Wii U pro to play wii virtual console games.

So for now I had to buy the old pro controller ($15)to play those with and just use the Wii U gamepad for any new games on Wii U. Most use the screen so the pro controller would be a step down.

I think the wii u pro is a little too expensive and has no big use at the moment for me, so will wait til price drops or til I have a game that I feel needs it.

GamerJunkie

AuthorMessage

tripunktoj

102. Posted:

@PloXyZeRO Thanks for the video, I guess this confirms the Pro controller rumble motor is on the left handle. After turning the rumble on I immediately felt one side is vibrating more than the other, maybe Im overreacting or maybe every controller presents this in different degrees. I just finished testing the controller with some games, in all of them I experienced this issue, but it was more noticeable in Sonic Racing (If you have the chance to try it out, please let me know how it turned out).

@SCAR392 I think the same of the video, but its a useful reference for my concern. So, are both of your controllers vibrating more on the left side? Do your 2 controllers rumble with the same intensity? Is it also more noticeable in Sonic Racing like mine?

@Anyone else is finding the left handle is more "rumbly"? I'd like to know if its common to every Pro controller or just some of them.

Edited on by tripunktoj

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj | Twitter: tripunktoj

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

103. Posted:

@tripunktoj
Don't worry. Both of mine are the same as you describe. I honestly didn't notice it without hearing this, though.
I'm not really sure how many rumble paks are in other controllers, but it gets the job done. It just costs less to do it this way.
I only use them rarely myself. I prefer the GamePad as my main controller, regardless.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

tripunktoj

104. Posted:

I wrote to NOA customer support about this vibrating stronger on the left side (where ZL, L are), they wanted me to call by phone but after I insisted that its prohibitively expensive from my current location, their answer was that both sides should rumble equally. Considering most of the time they don't know about my concerns, that some of you and other people are experiencing the same and seeing the rumble motor pictured on the left (suggesting its normal), Im not sure if should ask the retailer for a replacement.

Edited on by tripunktoj

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj | Twitter: tripunktoj

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

105. Posted:

I wouldn't. It's overall a design flaw by having one rumble pak on only one side, but I honestly don't really mind anyway. It most likely costs less, and probably doesn't use as much battery.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

tripunktoj

106. Posted:

@SCAR392 Yes, that seems to be the fact. But I wonder if mine has worsened this condition for some reason, I mean afaik I was the first person to worry about it on line, a NOA rep claims it isn't normal and some people don't even notice the difference.

Edited on by tripunktoj

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

107. Posted:

tripunktoj wrote:

@SCAR392 Yes, that seems to be the fact. But I wonder if mine has worsened this condition for some reason, I mean afaik I was the first person to worry about it on line, a NOA rep claims it isn't normal and some people don't even notice the difference.

Putting it that way, you might as well return it and see if there's a difference.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

tripunktoj

108. Posted:

If anyone is having the same concern, I got my controller replaced and tried another one at store, and they felt exactly the same (rumbling stronger on the left side, wher L, ZL buttons are). So I think I overreacted on this, but its OK now we know its normal

Edited on by tripunktoj

AuthorMessage

nilcam

109. Posted:

After putting a lot of time into Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed and playing the RE: Revelations demo using the Pro, it's my favorite first party controller of all time. I really hope that the Neo Geo games on VC are upgraded to Wii U VC just for the Pro Controller.

nilcam

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6884-0112 | Nintendo Network ID: nilcam | Twitter: nilcam

AuthorMessage

GoombaSlayer

110. Posted:

I have a Classic Controller that looks like a Pro Controller and a third-party Pro Controller that looks exactly like Nintendos but the sticks are basically working as the cross.. Thinking about stepping it up and acquire a real Pro from Nintendo, however.. i want the white one. It isnt released in PAL territory, but does the NA-version work on a PAL-console?

GoombaSlayer

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

111. Posted:

GoombaSlayer wrote:

I have a Classic Controller that looks like a Pro Controller and a third-party Pro Controller that looks exactly like Nintendos but the sticks are basically working as the cross.. Thinking about stepping it up and acquire a real Pro from Nintendo, however.. i want the white one. It isnt released in PAL territory, but does the NA-version work on a PAL-console?

I'm pretty sure imported Pro Controllers aren't region locked. The GamePad is I think, though, because it supports upgrades via firmware.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Prof3ssorMGW

112. Posted:

I like the Pro Controller, I mainly purchased it for fighting games like Tekken Tag & Super Smash Bros.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage

Tainy

113. Posted:

Well, Nintendo announced they will release an update to New Super Mario Bros. U on June 19th in Japan to enable Wii U Pro Controller support. I guess the other territories won't be far behind.

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

skywake

114. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

Well, Nintendo announced they will release an update to New Super Mario Bros. U on June 19th in Japan to enable Wii U Pro Controller support. I guess the other territories won't be far behind.

Update also includes the ability to download the Super Luigi U DLC so it'll almost surely be available globally on June 19. It would be odd to release the update AFTER the game is available globally on June 20........

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

dncollins64

115. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

Man, I hope that is true. I've had a Wii U and NSMB since the beginning and haven't really played it because my hands don't like the Wii remote turned on its side, and I don't care to play with the game pad. Thankfully I have had the opportunity to download the two Mario Brothers games off the Wii U VC, although far too much studying going on to really be able to take an opportunity to play.

dncollins64

AuthorMessage

skywake

116. Posted:

dncollins64 wrote:

Tainy wrote:

Man, I hope that is true.

Source: http://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAABnUYnUjs84cg

googletranslated wrote:

Hi there It is Takemoto director. To everyone that has me playing Mario U, This is to inform you a little today. We plan to deliver the update data for Mario U to match the release of Luigi U 6/19. In addition you will be able to purchase from the in-game Luigi U in this update, you will be able to use in the game "Wii U PRO controller". Please wait a little more until delivery!

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

117. Posted:

That's awesome! I love using the pro controller.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

bassoongoon

118. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

Just make sure you are getting it to play Wii U VC, not Wii VC, as it is not compatible in Wii mode.

It would be nice if it was compatible. I do not own a Wii classic controller, and sold my GCN controllers at a garage sale, so I have no way (as of now until I buy a classic controller pro) to play my Wii VC N64 games.

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

119. Posted:

How much does one cost in the US?

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

120. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

How much does one cost in the US?

$50 new, usually $40 used. I bought a white one at Best Buy that some one returned for $40 as an open box item.

EDIT: Oh ya, and it wasn't even open. They got it as a return, but no one ever opened it.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²