Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Pricing

Showing 281 to 300 of 334

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

281. Posted:

I too doubt Wii U will outsell Wii U, but the 3DS unexpectedly outsold the DS and Wii in the first year, maybe Wii U will outsell them all.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

282. Posted:

Haters gonna hate, I suppose... To be honest, the Wii U is quite reasonably priced since you're getting an HD video game system that controls an HD video game system. I actually thought the lower end would be $349.99. This is definitely an incredible scenario that has played out. Not to mention, the 720 and PS4 will find it hard to undercut this price AND be totally amazing.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

283. Posted:

Blue_Ace wrote:

$349.99

Hit it right on the nose.

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

284. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Haters gonna hate, I suppose... To be honest, the Wii U is quite reasonably priced since you're getting an HD video game system that controls an HD video game system. I actually thought the lower end would be $349.99. This is definitely an incredible scenario that has played out. Not to mention, the 720 and PS4 will find it hard to undercut this price AND be totally amazing.

Yeah. I'll have to agree PS and Xbox will have a hard time topping that.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

285. Posted:

I probly get the Wii U next Summer along with Pikmin 3, Points Card, and New Super Mario Bros. U

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage

skywake

286. Posted:

skywake wrote:

If I was to put a prediction on the prices I'd say:
Premium: 32GB, cables and cradle, GamePad... Nintendo Land bundled outside of Japan
$450AU, $350US, €350

Standard: 8GB, GamePad, Nintendo Land bundled outside of Japan
$350AU, $250US, €250

wow, I was pretty close with this. AU RRP for premium is lower and US for standard is a bit higher. Not bad!

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

287. Posted:

Is there a gas leak in here?

3Dash wrote:

I too doubt Wii U will outsell Wii U

kyuubikid213 wrote:

since you're getting an HD video game system that controls an HD video game system

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

288. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

Is there a gas leak in here?

kyuubikid213 wrote:

since you're getting an HD video game system that controls an HD video game system

No. I said what I meant. The GamePad is essentially an HD handheld game system since you can play the games almost entirely on the GamePad and it also controls the main Wii U console. Also, since the GamePad takes up nearly half of the Wii U's price, (if it had the proper equipment) it could be it's own console. I was using this to explain why I thought the Wii U would be more expensive as opposed to how cheap it turned out to be. "An HD game system controlling an HD game system" if you will.

AuthorMessage

skywake

289. Posted:

@kyuubikid213
but it's not. In terms of specs it's a fairly mid range shell of a tablet with proper game controls that connects to a "HD Console" on steroids. The GamePad is a hell of a lot more expensive to make than a traditional controller but most of that is in the screen. The price isn't that surprising considering.

skywake in June wrote:

Price only needs to be competitive so given the price of it's competitors I'd expect it to be priced about where the Wii was at launch. $388AU seems very reasonable IMO.... maybe too reasonable so it'll probably be closer to $450AU.

Ended up being $350AU and $430AU. Damn good guess I'd say!

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

290. Posted:

£309.99 for the Premium bundle.

That's a joke right?

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

AuthorMessage

HaNks

291. Posted:

too expensive IMO, especially European and UK pricing as it stands. proof will be in the pudding (sales)....

HaNks

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

292. Posted:

@HaNks You know that GameStop is already selling out of Deluxe Bundle preorders, right?

This thing's selling out and it won't be in stores for another two months!

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

293. Posted:

I think $350 is a reasonable price for a game, HDMI calbes, the tablet that who knows how much costs, the console its self and charging. The price works for me. I just wish I knew the price of the Wii U Pro Controller.

Gamecubeloggery

AuthorMessage

srhades

294. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

I think $350 is a reasonable price for a game, HDMI calbes, the tablet that who knows how much costs, the console its self and charging. The price works for me. I just wish I knew the price of the Wii U Pro Controller.

They confirmed it earlier, it will be $50.

Puni Power
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753
Formerly NintyKing or NintenKingiiU.
"Does that make me Crazy?"

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

295. Posted:

thanks

Gamecubeloggery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

296. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@HaNks You know that GameStop is already selling out of Deluxe Bundle preorders, right?

technically that means nothing.

Nintendo could easily be under stocking the market with consoles. That doesnt prove its a big seller at all, but could create a faux want and ave the item sell well afterwards.

That and places like gamestop have gotten into the habit of closing pre-orders early due to lack of concrete information on how much stock they will get.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

LolWut

297. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

technically that means nothing.

Nintendo could easily be under stocking the market with consoles. That doesnt prove its a big seller at all, but could create a faux want and ave the item sell well afterwards.

That and places like gamestop have gotten into the habit of closing pre-orders early due to lack of concrete information on how much stock they will get.

it baffles me as to how more people don't understand this basic concept. You are 100% correct.

Do I even play?
What's a "gamer" anyway? POKÉMON!

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

298. Posted:

Toys R Us UK have priced the premium bundle for £289.99,a decent price.

3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

299. Posted:

@Sony_70 While this may be true, you still can't over look one big fact. People are buying the Wii U. Whether or not Nintendo only put in a limited amount of consoles for preorder, they are still selling. If it wasn't a hit, there would be Deluxe Sets for sale still, now wouldn't there?

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

300. Posted:

Regardless I dont see this being Nintendo's Dream Cast like everyone predicted

Gamecubeloggery