Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Pricing

Showing 261 to 280 of 335

AuthorMessage

skywake

261. Posted:

These are Japan bundles and Japan skus so I wouldn't take them too seriously. When the Wii launched Japan got it for what was then equivalent to $215US but it wasn't bundled with Wii Sports and the US got it for $250US with Wii Sports. The 3DSXL recently launched in Japan for $250US without an AC adapter and in the US for $199US..... so take it with a grain of salt

but if you were going to use the 3DSXL as a yardstick expect the "premium" edition for somewhere around $405AU, $325US and €325 with the "non-premium" version for $338AU, $270US and €270...... but then rounded for niceness.... and probably with different bundles and such like including Nintendo Land or something

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

262. Posted:

Here's hoping you're right @skywake.

And I hope too many people aren't instantly turned off to the Wii U being (an estimated) $400US. If the Wii U is that expensive and it can do better than what the 360/PS3 could do when they were more expensive at launch, who's to say the 720 and PS4 can actually slide under this price margin and add so much to their new system that'll blow your socks off?

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

skywake

263. Posted:

If I was to put a prediction on the prices I'd say:
Premium: 32GB, cables and cradle, GamePad... Nintendo Land bundled outside of Japan
$450AU, $350US, €350

Standard: 8GB, GamePad, Nintendo Land bundled outside of Japan
$350AU, $250US, €250

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

264. Posted:

^
Spot on. Hopefully they have color varations in both models unlike japan. Would get and 8GB black model and grab a large SCXC, nintendol network prenium, and chraging cradle seperate.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

skywake

265. Posted:

@Sony_70
I guess it depends on whether you think you'll be downloading games or buying retail I guess. For the obvious reasons of extra storage and the discount card thingo but also for the load times. In the Nintendo Direct thing they claimed that the optical drive will be able to read at 22MB/s which is twice as fast as a very good SD card and probably around what you can expect as a worst case over USB2 but would be something around 1/20th of the speed of it's SSD.

If you're only going to be buying retail it's a non-issue..... otherwise it's something to think about

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

266. Posted:

Well I'm a big DD guy but it would mostly be eshop and VC type stuff with a few retail games here and there. I'm guessing a nice SD card or external HDD should cover it.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

MAB

267. Posted:

My current 3DS/WiiU cash pool estimates @ $2800 so I shall hook me up with the premium deluxe mega combo deal with 2TB HDD and all the launch games including VC/Ware downloads please :) That should keep me occupied well into next year ;)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

268. Posted:

£250 is my max,and that is with a game.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

269. Posted:

The premium pack first priced for the UK is a little under £280.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/41901/wii-u-price-u...

And yet again Europe gets ripped off again.

3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

270. Posted:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

You can't just directly convert it; there's other factors to keep in mind (such as wage differences, increased taxes, etc).

Anyway, it's £264 on Amazon (the deluxe one), so there you go.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Raylax

271. Posted:

And now it's £289.99, after being £199.99 for a few minutes. I think someone at Amazon is being a little trigger-happy with their keyboard. PRESS ALL THE BUTTONS.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

Jack_Package

272. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

You can't just directly convert it; there's other factors to keep in mind (such as wage differences, increased taxes, etc).

Anyway, it's £264 on Amazon (the deluxe one), so there you go.

Let the price wars commence!

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage

irken004

273. Posted:

I thought the prices were reasonable until I saw the pathetic amounts of memory.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Knux

274. Posted:

Pricing is unreasonable just like the 3DS was at launch. I expect a price cut will happen pretty soon.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

275. Posted:

I heard somewhere it needed to be $200 to sell, $300 to make a profit.

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

276. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Pricing is unreasonable just like the 3DS was at launch. I expect a price cut will happen pretty soon.

unless it sells well.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

277. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Knux wrote:

unless it sells well.

Exactly. Although, if you wait 2-3 years, it's bound to drop by, idk, $50.

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

278. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Meh 299.99 not that bad.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Reala

279. Posted:

I doubt wii u is going to be selling out wii style mostly because of the economy and partially the new way to play thing isn't very new now, so can't imagine the wii u controller getting the same coverage as the wiimote originally did but you never know.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

BenAV

280. Posted:

$429.95 in Australia for the Premium Pack ($349.95 for the Basic Pack) is great!
Couldn't be happier with the price!
I expected $400 to be the absolute minimum, but thought it'd more likely be around $500 or at most maybe $600 ($598 was EB's preorder listing) with a bundle or something.
Looks like I can afford another couple of games already with what's leftover from my preorder.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV