Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Pricing

Showing 201 to 220 of 335

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

201. Posted:

@skywake I hope you're right, I would be super happy if it was only $450 or less.
Then I've nearly finished paying for it already.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Not-Another-Ad

202. Posted:

I want a Wii U to be a pound.

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris77

203. Posted:

Haven't ever used them but "The Game Centre" posted on the Amazon forum thread about Wii U at £199 that they have been told a price of £249.99 and you can preorder now. They claim to have the price promise there too. With Shopto pushing £279.99 still with no confirmation I'd say that it will have an RRP of £280 and stores will push down to £250.

Chris77

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

204. Posted:

@GamecubeMan32, I don't charge for cutting the grass. My dad usually gives me $15 if I do a good job. So roughly 7 more times and I'll have enough! :p
That is, if all is well with the world : with the Wii U being at $300.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

205. Posted:

Perhaps, even lower than 300$ as the main enemy seems to target to 299
http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/16/3090944/microsoft-xbox-720-...

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

206. Posted:

Doubt it'll be lower just because of the next-box. Interesting concepts however that have me mildly interested. If they're going to make it lower than $300, it'll probably just be to edge them out. I'm still saying $350 though....

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ReleaseTheBears

207. Posted:

North American-wise, I think $300 is the most, with $250 being where they should be to compete with PS3 and 360 (this includes NintendoLand as a tech demo).

I'm going to assume that the 360 and PS3 are going to be around for at least 3-4 more years (depending on if 720 and PS4 take a year or two to release), and they will continue to outsell their next-gen counterparts because they're cheaper and they'll continue to get downgraded ports of 720 and PS4 games. This means Wii U will continue to get multiplats, meaning that instead of competing with next gen console price-points, they'll be competing at last-gen console price-points but still getting a strong library of new games. I think keeping it in the PS3/360 range will allow Nintendo to thrive on all fronts this coming generation. Which also means they've set themselves up to release a new console at the end of their 5-6 year cycle that will compete with the PS4/720 and continue forward that way.

Edited on by ReleaseTheBears

ReleaseTheBears

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

208. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

nintendos next gen is everyone else's current gen

Keep lying to yourself.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

209. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

GamecubeMan32 wrote:

IF you want to correctly estimate the cost of the WII U you need to add $100 on the current price of the portable.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I don't even...

[/div

[/div]

Sorry if I came off as arrogant but I was getting tired of some people random guessed that they cant even make sense or can back up with an explaination :)

Edited on by GamecubeMan

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CommanderAudio

210. Posted:

299 Euro Max. Any more and Nintendo are doomed

Edited on by CommanderAudio

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hydeks

211. Posted:

Thing with Nintendo is, there console might not have the greatest processing power and all that, but Nintendo made games on the Wii look well enough to fool anyone to thinking they own a HD system. Xbox and PS might have HD graphics and all that, but the games they make on the system make me just wanna go pick up a Nintendo game, not only because of gameplay wise, but because Nintendo games DO look better than most other stuff out there, I LOVE THE ARTISTIC LOOK OF THERE GAMES!!! On other systems it's all about "realism" and "guns" and that's just retarded...

It's not about the power of a console and all that junk, it's about the games...u know, the things u put in ur GAMING machine?

EDIT: Depending on what it all comes with, i'ld pay up and around $350, I hate spending $600 for a freakin gaming machine ¬¬

Edited on by hydeks

hydeks

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

212. Posted:

hydeks wrote:

Thing with Nintendo is, there console might not have the greatest processing power and all that, but Nintendo made games on the Wii look well enough to fool anyone to thinking they own a HD system. Xbox and PS might have HD graphics and all that, but the games they make on the system make me just wanna go pick up a Nintendo game, not only because of gameplay wise, but because Nintendo games DO look better than most other stuff out there, I LOVE THE ARTISTIC LOOK OF THERE GAMES!!! On other systems it's all about "realism" and "guns" and that's just retarded...

It's not about the power of a console and all that junk, it's about the games...u know, the things u put in ur GAMING machine?

EDIT: Depending on what it all comes with, i'ld pay up and around $350, I hate spending $600 for a freakin gaming machine ¬¬

Well said...... ps I know I said I wasnt going to comment on this thread anymore but With the Wii U coming out in a couple of months if all things go as planned..........

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

213. Posted:

PikminMonster wrote:

299 Euro Max. Any more and Nintendo are doomed

Nintendo IS Doom.
Untitled

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

214. Posted:

I'm feeling confident in the Wii U's price. I looked at the past prices for Nintendo consoles at launch and the highest priced were the NES at $199/$250 and the Wii at $250. Every other console launched at $199. Here's hoping they can do it again! Or, at the very least, keep it under $300. If they go over $300, my stopping point is a $500 system.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

215. Posted:

I honestlly don't know how they can stay below $350 without selling at a loss. I thought they wanted ot to be profitable from the start.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

216. Posted:

@Sony_70 They do want it to be profitable from the start. I think they should be able to sell it at $299 and make a small profit on each system. Of course the so-called sweet spot is at $249, but I fear Nintendo's a little too far in over their heads with the hardware to hit that price point.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Firejonie

217. Posted:

I really hope $300 at most. Though I would love it if it was only $250.

Firejonie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VincentV

218. Posted:

Firejonie wrote:

I really hope $300 at most. Though I would love it if it was only $250.

I don't see that happening. I guess $320-50. I hope for $270-300 though. But chances are, it will be around $300. That screen seems a bit pricey.

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VincentV

219. Posted:

hydeks wrote:

Thing with Nintendo is, there console might not have the greatest processing power and all that, but Nintendo made games on the Wii look well enough to fool anyone to thinking they own a HD system. Xbox and PS might have HD graphics and all that, but the games they make on the system make me just wanna go pick up a Nintendo game, not only because of gameplay wise, but because Nintendo games DO look better than most other stuff out there, I LOVE THE ARTISTIC LOOK OF THERE GAMES!!! On other systems it's all about "realism" and "guns" and that's just retarded...

It's not about the power of a console and all that junk, it's about the games...u know, the things u put in ur GAMING machine?

EDIT: Depending on what it all comes with, i'ld pay up and around $350, I hate spending $600 for a freakin gaming machine ¬¬

I actually like how Skyrim looked, so real, so pretty...but I love how some Nintendo games look just as much. Skyward sword looked beautiful, w/ it's art style, and other games like Mario Galaxy & Xenoblade still looked good, despite the Wii's somewhat severe technical limitations. Now the games are what matters most, so in other words, I want more Smash Bros., Zelda, Metroid, etc.

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

220. Posted:

The Wii U will cost between £1800 and £2500.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker