Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Pricing

Showing 161 to 180 of 334

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

161. Posted:

Actually in an interview with IGN, Reggie discusses that Nintendo aims to have a good price at launch. He also says that the other competitors consoles sometimes put the highest price at launch and lower it as years go by. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/e3-2012-reggie-discuss...

If what Reggie says is true, we could very well see a reasonable price for the Wii U at launch!

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

162. Posted:

GamecubeMan32 wrote:

Actually in an interview with IGN, Reggie discusses that Nintendo aims to have a good price at launch. He also says that the other competitors consoles sometimes put the highest price at launch and lower it as years go by. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/e3-2012-reggie-discuss...

If what Reggie says is true, we could very well see a reasonable price for the Wii U at launch!

Out of curiosity, what's your definition of "reasonable?"

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

romulux

163. Posted:

NINTENDOFACE wrote:

Out of curiosity, what's your definition of "reasonable?"

i think he meant "not $600."

Reggie's point in that interview was that microsoft and sony started with absurd prices that only hardcore gamers could afford and then worked their way down to a practical level over time, and that nintendo won't be doing that. whatever price they choose, it has to be able to last for at least a few years on end without requiring a drop to make it accessible to average people. nintendo wants the system to be mainstream right away. in that case $300 is the most they could possibly charge, but assuming nintendo wouldn't have to sell at a loss, $250 would be much better. the whole system would make more sense at that price.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Chris720

164. Posted:

I'm not holding my breath, Nintendo could easily charge £500 onwards for this console because of how much technology it has crammed into it. If they sell it at a price lower than £300 then I'll be somewhat happy. I'm never happy spending over £100 in one day... :3

I still want to know how much the games will cost though, I'm guessing £20 (low quality) to about £60 (high quality). :P

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

165. Posted:

Well since you asked :P
no more that $350 at launch but I doubt it will be no lower than $250 . But this all depend on what Nintendo puts in the box. If they just put the console and a tablet I think that would be $350. But if they added a Wii U pro controller, a game.... Some kind of bundle that would be like $400-$450 at launch.
@ NintendoFace

Gamecubeloggery

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

166. Posted:

GamecubeMan32 wrote:

Well since you asked :P
no more that $350 at launch but I doubt it will be no lower than $250 . But this all depend on what Nintendo puts in the box. If they just put the console and a tablet I think that would be $350. But if they added a Wii U pro controller, a game.... Some kind of bundle that would be like $400-$450 at launch.
@ NintendoFace

Good. It seems to me that most people have unrealistic expections ($250-300). I'm pretty sure it will be between $350-450.

Edited on by SonyFACE

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

Ryno

167. Posted:

They keyword Reggie used to describe pricing is value. Nintendo may know the actual value of the Wii U but it may not match expectations of the public. Nintendo better do an excellent job over the next 4 months communicating their perceived value and how it really is worth more than a PS3 or 360.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

168. Posted:

Well yeah it can support 1080p and all this other fancy stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZvlpA7knsQ

Gamecubeloggery

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

169. Posted:

15p off £280 in the UK is Shop To price.

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

170. Posted:

I'm ready to pay for it no matter what, the money box will be smashed.

If it's going to be $250 in America, and they aim to make it cheaper, I expect a $300 here which would be really good. Like, really. Even $350 like the 3DS would be great. As long as it stays under $450(if the old $350 rumor is true), I'm okay with it.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

pc999

171. Posted:

I hope for 250$ they didnt showed anything worth more than that, even that is on the limit IMO.

And the casual market probably wont pay more than that.

Plus no games for it.

250$ would a price on pair with the 3DS 180$ price.

Edited on by pc999

pc999

AuthorMessage

ruhonthegreat

172. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

I'm ready to pay for it no matter what, the money box will be smashed.

If it's going to be $250 in America, and they aim to make it cheaper, I expect a $300 here which would be really good. Like, really. Even $350 like the 3DS would be great. As long as it stays under $450(if the old $350 rumor is true), I'm okay with it.

Agreed, Hoping for around $300 but, I will be one of the first in line to pre-order one. They told me all I wanted to hear. (HD, Online, Epic Nintendo Games, Epic 3rd Party Games, and my VC/WiiWare is coming along for the ride!) They had me sold at last years E3.

ruhonthegreat

AuthorMessage

mamp

173. Posted:

$350 or less, no more because 360 and PS3 are at $250 (with internal memory) I dont think Nintendo can afford to sell at a high price considering the Wii U's power is about the same as these consoles plus no internal memory, and their E3 showing wasn't enough to impress.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

voulg160

174. Posted:

probably $400-450 Aussie and 250-300 american

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

AuthorMessage

hydeks

175. Posted:

I'ld buy the Wii U at $349.99 if it came with nintendo land :P But I rather lean more towards $299.99 as a launch price :P

Edited on by hydeks

hydeks

AuthorMessage

Emaan

176. Posted:

I really hope its from $250 - $300. Because I'm saving up for this. To buy for myself. For Christmas. I don't even have a job, this money is all from cutting the grass! :p So PLEASE Nintendo..make it a good price.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

177. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

I really hope its from $250 - $300. Because I'm saving up for this. To buy for myself. For Christmas. I don't even have a job, this money is all from cutting the grass! :p So PLEASE Nintendo..make it a good price.

How much do you charge I was thinking about doing the same thing too! No joke seriously how much do you charge :D

Gamecubeloggery

AuthorMessage

skywake

178. Posted:

voulg160 wrote:

probably $400-450 Aussie and 250-300 american

I'd happily pay $500AU, that's my limit for getting it early. Any less than that is just an invitation to buy maybe one more game for it... or a Pro Controller or something.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

179. Posted:

Right now as it is I don't seen Nintendo pulling a launch price snafu like they did with the 3DS. The launch price for the Wii in the US was 249.99 iirc and with the current prices of the Xbox 360 and the PS3 being at 299.99 I cant really see them going higher than 299.99 just for a system that so far most of the launch titles are ports of PS3/Xbox games. If they were going to say go for a price higher than 299.99 it will more than likely turn people off and it would be a repeat of the 3DS launch.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

180. Posted:

I've said for a year that they won't go over $300. I still expect $299.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.