Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Pricing

Showing 141 to 160 of 335

AuthorMessage

romulux

141. Posted:

Burning_Spear wrote:

I'm with the last poster. If it's truly more powerful than the other HD consoles, I can't see it being less than $350, given that the controller adds cost.

the 360 is only $200 and it's controller alone costs $60. the wii u is supposedly 2x as strong which (if true) is near the power increase the wii held over the gamecube and the controller probably isn't expensive enough to cost more than $100. the system also has no hard drive and doesn't use blu ray. considering that nintnedo got a hard kick in the *** with the 3DS pricing, i don't think $300 is out of the question. $350 sounds like the sweet spot though.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

142. Posted:

I would scream bloody murder if it cost $350.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

143. Posted:

300 is my guess, but nintendo does always price systems too high, so maybe even 400... too much for me :(

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward A forum where things happen.
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17

AuthorMessage

TheRegginator

144. Posted:

ClaytonLuigi wrote:

300 is my guess, but nintendo does always price systems too high, so maybe even 400... too much for me :(

Is that a joke. Nintendo is the best when it comes to pricing.

Nintendo, please give me Metroid V!

Nintendo Network ID: BrianFrobey

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

145. Posted:

Wii price drop, huge jump in sales. 3ds price drop, 3ds comes back to life.
Just going off of current trends

Welcome to my signature.
Videogame Chatroom

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

146. Posted:

@ClaytonLuigi The Wii price drop happened LAST YEAR. It was like 200$ for the longest time. The 3DS is the ONLY gaming system from Nintendo that underwent a forced price drop.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

147. Posted:

@ZeroX no the first one, wasn't it around 250? then there was a huge price drop? (or am i wrong, I'm tired today...)

Welcome to my signature.
Videogame Chatroom

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

148. Posted:

@ClaytonLuigi
It wasn't forced though. Nintendo just felt like dropping the price to increase sales. It was selling fine as $250.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

TheDudeOfGaming

149. Posted:

It will be 599 US dollars

TheDudeOfGaming

AuthorMessage

phoenix1818

150. Posted:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but EB Games AU has advertised Wii U at a price of $598 AU for a while now, which (for some riduclous reason) translates to roughly $350 US in the games industry. I'm not completely sure about the reliability of this price (hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo), but it seems better than some random guy's estimate on the internet.

Here is the link for those interested: https://www.ebgames.com.au/wiiu-153813-Wii-U-Wii-U

Edited on by phoenix1818

phoenix1818

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

151. Posted:

phoenix1818 wrote:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but EB Games AU has advertised Wii U at a price of $598 AU for a while now, which (for some riduclous reason) translates to roughly $350 US in the games industry. I'm not completely sure about the reliability of this price (hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo), but it seems better than some random guy's estimate on the internet.

Here is the link for those interested: https://www.ebgames.com.au/wiiu-153813-Wii-U-Wii-U

Yeah, I posted it like three times lol.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

phoenix1818

152. Posted:

Haha, sorry about that, I just coudn't be bothered reading through all the comments when most of them just seemed to be guesses. I assumed that those estimates meant they hadn't heard about it and had no other reliable news to go on, so it was worth a shot.

phoenix1818

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

153. Posted:

I don't care WHAT price it is. I just got a job and I have until AT LEAST the summer to save up. PFFT! I do hope it is around the $350 mark though.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Mryokokurama1

154. Posted:

349.99 or 299.99 nothing lower than 300 though since the wii was 250.00

Mryokokurama1

AuthorMessage

BlueAce127

155. Posted:

Wii U - $349.99
Wii U Game - $49.99 - $59.99
Wii U Tablet / Controller (Additional) - $79.99

Edited on by BlueAce127

Google / Android Enthusiast

| Mario Kart Wii Friend Code • 4126-8318-7101
| Nintendo 3DS Friend Code • 4124-5176-2015

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

156. Posted:

$350 USD for the system, $54.99 USD for games, and if I had to put a price on the controller I'd say something between $70- $90 USD.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

TheWord777

157. Posted:

wii u console £349.99 until xbox 720 £444.99-£500
game £49.99-£54.99

Wii U StarFox in Dx11.Yes please.

AuthorMessage

romulux

158. Posted:

the speculation now is that the wii u may cost as little as $250, the traditional amount for a Nintendo system: http://gimmegimmegames.com/2012/06/bloomberg-reports-that-iwa...
Reggie also stated in an IGN interview something along the lines that people would be "pleasantly surprised" by the price, which also suggests it'll be lower than we've been speculating.

all would be forgiven if this were true. this is honestly the only way i can see the wii u being a really successful system. that lackluster reaction to e3 can only make lower pricing even more likely!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Koos

159. Posted:

Personally the console is so amazing that I think it should cost at least $600. This beats high end PC gaming with the touch controls and the built in camera and all the controller options and the hub and all the Nintendo franchises, and all in glorious HD... If they really price it at 250 dollars, it is amazing. Beats any other entertainment product on the market in my opinion. Then again, the 3DS is also incredibly priced. Less than 200 dollars for the basically only glasses-free 3d device on the market.

Edited on by Koos

Koos

AuthorMessage

Aviator

160. Posted:

koos wrote:

$600. This beats high end PC gaming

lolno

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9