Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Pricing

Showing 121 to 140 of 335

AuthorMessage

pastasauce

121. Posted:

You guys do realize this will have much newer hardware than current systems, right. I expect $350, but wouldn't be surprised if this was $400. Nintendo was making a ton of money on every wii from the start, I don't know if they're willing to sell for a loss.

pastasauce

AuthorMessage

Burning_Spear

122. Posted:

I'm with the last poster. If it's truly more powerful than the other HD consoles, I can't see it being less than $350, given that the controller adds cost.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

123. Posted:

Id pay 300-400 for it. If its really powerful 500 , but I don't see it being that powerful

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

124. Posted:

Nintendo has to see for a loss, though. They're trying to compete with two well-established consoles here, both of which cost less that $300. I could see the Wii U going for $300 or less at the most.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pastasauce

125. Posted:

Order-Sol wrote:

Nintendo has to see for a loss, though. They're trying to compete with two well-established consoles here, both of which cost less that $300. I could see the Wii U going for $300 or less at the most.

There are several ways the Wii U could come out at 350 or even 400 dollars and still sell well. If Retro's new game is launch title, if Pikmin 3 is a launch title, if the 3rd party Wii U exclusive launch games are actually good (doubtful), and if Nintendo's app store is very much improved and comes with a very popular game at launch (Angry Birds). People are willing to spend 500 bucks on an ipad so I think they will spend 350 on a console with the same apps and a better controller. Now, why did I write so much.

pastasauce

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

126. Posted:

kurtbro900 wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

There are several ways the Wii U could come out at 350 or even 400 dollars and still sell well. If Retro's new game is launch title, if Pikmin 3 is a launch title, if the 3rd party Wii U exclusive launch games are actually good (doubtful), and if Nintendo's app store is very much improved and comes with a very popular game at launch (Angry Birds). People are willing to spend 500 bucks on an ipad so I think they will spend 350 on a console with the same apps and a better controller. Now, why did I write so much.

lol

people don't buy the ipad for games. it just happen to do that too. The Ipad is far more Vauble and useful than the wii u will be.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Ryno

127. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

kurtbro900 wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

lol

people don't buy the ipad for games. it just happen to do that too. The Ipad is far more Vauble and useful than the wii u will be.

Very subjective opinion. I have no "use" for an Ipad though I enjoy video games on my HD TV therefore I have a use for a console that plays HD video games.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

128. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

kurtbro900 wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

lol

Very subjective opinion. I have no "use" for an Ipad though I enjoy video games on my HD TV therefore I have a use for a console that plays HD video games.

Not really Subjective. its a fact that the Ipad can do more than a game system (or at least just the wii).

Yeah the Value is subjective.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Ryno

129. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

kurtbro900 wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

lol

Not really Subjective. its a fact that the Ipad can do more than a game system (or at least just the wii).

Yeah the Value is subjective.

Sure it can do more, but that doesn't mean its more valuable to someone like me who doesn't spend their life in a cell phone or tablet.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

130. Posted:

He already said the value was Subjective, Ryno. For a lot of people, doing more is essential because a lot of people live very busy lives and can't carry around a lot of stuff when they go out, or at least don't like to fumble around with a gazillion different devices.

Anyways,They're two very different machines. Just because people are willing to put $500 on something that may be perfect for them right out of the box, doesn't mean they're willing to pay the same amount for a system that mainly plays games that have to be bought seperately and go for $60 a pop.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pastasauce

131. Posted:

Order-Sol wrote:

Anyways,They're two very different machines. Just because people are willing to put $500 on something that may be perfect for them right out of the box, doesn't mean they're willing to pay the same amount for a system that mainly plays games that have to be bought seperately and go for $60 a pop.

Yeah, you're right. But people love Angry Birds and having an app store to rival Apple's is a nice bullet point.

pastasauce

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

132. Posted:

kurtbro900 wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

Yeah, you're right. But people love Angry Birds and having an app store to rival Apple's is a nice bullet point.

seeing as their App store would be confined to home it wouldn't rival apple's at all.

They need to focus on fighting mircosoft's slate of apps optimized for television.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

133. Posted:

Or at least have a plethora of exclusive DL content that can compete with XBLA and PSN. Little time wasters are nice and all, but I think getting substantial games that are both cheap and convenient to obtain and play is the way to go.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

134. Posted:

Wiiware did pretty good in that regard. For a while Wiiware was up to snuff with XBLA and PSN.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

135. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Wiiware did pretty good in that regard. For a while Wiiware was up to snuff with XBLA and PSN.

Maybe on the first day. I've been following it since its inception. Mostly just crap in my opinion. I guess I should've mentioned "fun" as a mandatory feature.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

136. Posted:

They "confirmed" it to be 299$

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

137. Posted:

when?

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

138. Posted:

That was just a rumor, not a confirmation.

EDIT: The http://mynintendonews.com/2011/12/22/nintendo-of-america-pres...

Well this is disconcerting...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

139. Posted:

@Order-Sol Looking at the current pricing of the Wii, we do not want to be there December 22 2011, when the Wii was 150$. What they mean is they don't want another 3DS case, where prices have to drop. The rumored 300$ price tag seems much more reasonable.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

140. Posted:

ZeroX wrote:

@Order-Sol Looking at the current pricing of the Wii, we do not want to be there December 22 2011, when the Wii was 150$. What they mean is they don't want another 3DS case, where prices have to drop. The rumored 300$ price tag seems much more reasonable.

You're right, I misread it somehow. Guess it happens when you get 3 hours of sleep. :sweat: So this is good news then. So it won't be higher than $300 at least.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~