Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Pricing

Showing 101 to 120 of 334

AuthorMessage

zapdinos

101. Posted:

No the system supports 1080p the controller though is thought not to. Like others maybe I could be wrong but as of CES with a more updated WiiU than the one at E3 it isn't. No exact resolution yet until this year but I think it should be in the final form or at least 720. Everything you said about pausing Mario and that other stuff is what it can do. I think it'll work fine it's said to be better and brighter than the Ipad.
@VincentV As a time killer really would be nice.

My 3DS FC: 2105-8649-9461

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

102. Posted:

I want plants vs Zombies.

Skype will never happen its not even on xbox yet.

The Wii U pad is too big too be comfortable top read books and comics. Also already have a tablet for that.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

luisesteban

103. Posted:

Skype belongs to Microsoft, there is no way it get into a Nintendo system.

For a Nintendo video chat they maybe would applied for a custom made system or a open source app.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

104. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I want plants vs Zombies.

Skype will never happen its not even on xbox yet.

The Wii U pad is too big too be comfortable top read books and comics. Also already have a tablet for that.

We dont need SKYPE we just need a HD camera!

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage

Ryno

105. Posted:

Nintendo Wii U Rumored to Cost 24,000 Yen ($299)

The successor to Nintendo's wildly successful Wii console is reported to carry a price tag of 24,000 Yen or $299 in US Dollars.

According to our Japanese source, the source of this information stems from an unnamed Japanese development studio, and is in line with the technical specifications of the device. The price pertains to the entry-level unit with no extra attachments.

Whether the console is shipped with its OLED controller tablet is unknown. Nintendo is expected to take a loss from the sales of the device, should that be the case.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

misswliu81

106. Posted:

$299 sounds good to me

misswliu81

AuthorMessage

VoiceOfPayne

107. Posted:

For $299 I get it. At about $375 I don't.

Jonah G.
Voice of Payne
http://www.20SecondsOfPayne.com

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

108. Posted:

From EB Games, $600 has been listed for a few months here in Oz. :(

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

109. Posted:

$299.99!

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

110. Posted:

BUY NEW... $598.00

https://www.ebgames.com.au/wiiu-153813-Wii-U-Wii-U

I'm seriously hanging on wether to pay for this or save for a laptop. I mean I want it of course but only because it's Nintendo. I just don't see myself using it Day 2 unless a Mario title or something amazing is a Launch. Maybe Pikmin but still, doesn't justify paying so much straight away against the endless hours I could get from a laptop just a few weeks later... Perhaps importing would be cheaper but the two day wait would kill me. :D

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

111. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Nintendo Wii U Rumored to Cost 24,000 Yen ($299)

The successor to Nintendo's wildly successful Wii console is reported to carry a price tag of 24,000 Yen or $299 in US Dollars.

According to our Japanese source, the source of this information stems from an unnamed Japanese development studio, and is in line with the technical specifications of the device. The price pertains to the entry-level unit with no extra attachments.

Whether the console is shipped with its OLED controller tablet is unknown. Nintendo is expected to take a loss from the sales of the device, should that be the case.

Keep in mind that companies never simply convert the currencies to determine price. It could be lower for all we know ;)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Corbs

112. Posted:

You gotta admit, it would be kinda funny if the system shipped at $299.99 and didn't even have the tablet. :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

113. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

You gotta admit, it would be kinda funny if the system shipped at $299.99 and didn't even have the tablet. :D

Then Nintendo would be copying Sony! Shipping incomplete products and all that ;)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

114. Posted:

Can't see it launching at $299.99. I'm calling a $349.99 price point.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

115. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I think that's a little too expensive for most consumers these days. I think $299.99 is realistic.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

116. Posted:

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I think that's a little too expensive for most consumers these days. I think $299.99 is realistic.

I don't think so/. The Economy is slowly growing here in America and stuff like the $300 dollar xbox and $500 dollar ipad both just had massive holiday seasons.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

117. Posted:

$299.99. They know the Wii had a high price, and had to lower it. So they won't raise the price much.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

118. Posted:

ClaytonLuigi wrote:

$299.99. They know the Wii had a high price, and had to lower it. So they won't raise the price much.

No way in hell that they are launching at anything lower than $350. I will eat my hat if they do. Just basing it one the 3DS launch.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

119. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I don't think so/. The Economy is slowly growing here in America and stuff like the $300 dollar xbox and $500 dollar ipad both just had massive holiday seasons.

you can't judge the health of the economy based on holiday spending. the so-called recovery is not appearing in grocery stores and gas is about to take a major jump in price. there is less money left to be spent on entertainment. it will probably/hopefully change, but it isn't going to happen fast.

Edited on by k8sMum

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

120. Posted:

k8sMum wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

you can't judge the health of the economy based on holiday spending. the so-called recovery is not appearing in grocery stores and gas is about to take a major jump in price. there is less money left to be spent on entertainment. it will probably/hopefully change, but it isn't going to happen fast.

I can when the Wii U will be launching close to the Major Holiday sales season. :P

WAT!