Forums

Topic: Wii U Prices (rumour)

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

FonistofCruxis

Seems reasonable, unlike some of the prices people had thought up. I still can't believe some people would be willing to pay $500 or even $600 dollars for it.

Fang

@FonistofCruxis
That rumour about the price being $500-$600 was for Australian retail, meaning that was 600 Australian dollars. That's still a fair bit though.

Chris720

I wonder if 6 months down the line, Nintendo will put the price down.

To be honest, I wouldn't want to pay £299 on a console... we don't even know how much the games are going to cost yet. I would definitely buy one on release if it was a bit more on the cheaper side. Who am I kidding, it's Nintendo, gotta buy this.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

$300 dollars isn't that expensive here. Just $50 more than the Wii, so ya, I'd buy it at launch.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

misswliu81

£299 sounds fair enough. i'd go with that or £200-250.

misswliu81

FonistofCruxis

Fang wrote:

@FonistofCruxis
That rumour about the price being $500-$600 was for Australian retail, meaning that was 600 Australian dollars. That's still a fair bit though.

I didn't mean actual rumours. I had just heard some people say that they would be willing to pay those prices if it was as expensive as that.

ajcismo

$299 here in the States seems reasonable, and the Wii U fund has already begun. A much better price point than when the PS3 was launched here. I don't see Nintendo dropping the price to under $249 for at least a year, possibly two, after launch though. They seem determined to make their launch point stick this time around.

ajcismo

czoom

At $300 that would be a great price. Sure hope so.

czoom

kyuubikid213

I'm willing to pay $300.
I would also be willing to pay $400.
$500 is a bit steep, but still worth it.
$600 perhaps, but are there any games out for the thing?
$600+ I really want it, but I can't get it at launch. Maybe in a month or two.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.