Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U pre-order?

Showing 1 to 20 of 37

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheWord777

1. Posted:

Ive been thinking where im gonna pre order wii u when the time arrives,i'd like to put down £50 as a deposit,where im not sure.Where is the best place that people have preorderd before and how,online,retail,what games do you plan to buy.

No none wii u buyers please.

Edited on by TheWord777

Wii U StarFox in Dx11.Yes please.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

2. Posted:

I will probably preorder at Gamestop. As for games, I'm waiting until next month to decide that :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

3. Posted:

TheWord777 wrote:

i'd like to put down £50 as a deposit

Where are you pre ordering games from?
I've never handed money over ever when pre ordering!
I'll probably bypass everyone else and get one in an Asda store in the sticks!

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

4. Posted:

One reason I could see putting down money is to help offset the final purchase price: kind of like a layaway in advance (do shops still do layaway? - don't know what they call it in the UK).

I'll have to start thinking about this towards the fall so I'm keen to see what kind of offers are out there. I suspect we won't start seeing details on bundles until a few months before release.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

5. Posted:

Mercury9 wrote:

TheWord777 wrote:

i'd like to put down £50 as a deposit

Where are you pre ordering games from?
I've never handed money over ever when pre ordering!
I'll probably bypass everyone else and get one in an Asda store in the sticks!

For new systems most places ask for a deposit

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

6. Posted:

We'll it obviously happens but I've never done it.

I generally prefer buying them outright. I've never exchanged money with a pre order but I've been screwed around with them in the past enough to put me off. Yes, thank you Fable 2.....
Clever and strategic shopping has never let me down yet!

Edited on by Mercury9

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheWord777

7. Posted:

Online pre order you after pay full price,i was thinking between ASDA(Walmart family),Gamestation,HMV,or even Toys r us.A layaway would work buy putting money on to a store card then when you have the money for the item(wii u) before launch you then have more money on the day to buy a couple of games or harddrive,headset,whatever.

Wii U StarFox in Dx11.Yes please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheWord777

8. Posted:

Mercury9 wrote:

We'll it obviously happens but I've never done it.

I generally prefer buying them outright. I've never exchanged money with a pre order but I've been screwed around with them in the past enough to put me off. Yes, thank you Fable 2.....
Clever and strategic shopping has never let me down yet!

in what way was you messed around?

Wii U StarFox in Dx11.Yes please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

9. Posted:

I got my 3DS from an Asda store. I didn't pre order. I just walked in on launch day, went straight to the counter and bought it and walked out!
To avoid queues and hassle, Asda is easily the best place to buy from because nearly every other gamer is in the dedicated game stores getting in each others way!

I have never not got what I set out to get on a console and or game on its launch day from Asda.

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

10. Posted:

Well if the Wii U launches like the Wii, then it would be wise to pre-order.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

11. Posted:

Lol I never pre ordered my Wii either! I actually got it from a catalogue. Again, no probs :)

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheWord777

12. Posted:

Mercury9 wrote:

I got my 3DS from an Asda store. I didn't pre order. I just walked in on launch day, went straight to the counter and bought it and walked out!
To avoid queues and hassle, Asda is easily the best place to buy from because nearly every other gamer is in the dedicated game stores getting in each others way!

I have never not got what I set out to get on a console and or game on its launch day from Asda.

isnt the 3DS different though in that it wasnt selling and doesnt asda not preorder consoles.Did you have to buy a game pack like most stores.

Wii U StarFox in Dx11.Yes please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

13. Posted:

Asda do allow pre orders. Well some do and for free to boot.
I got screwed with my pre order of Fable 2 in that I never got it when it was promised (cough...Gamestation)
The problem for me is about 98% of gamers buy games and consoles from specific games and console stores. Everyone going to the same place to buy the same thing means a lot of people leave unhappy. Even with pre orders, these stores don't have infinite stock.
It makes no sense to me why you would go down that route when supermarkets and catalogues also stock them and attract much less attention, are much easier to buy and generally are cheaper!

Edited on by Mercury9

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

14. Posted:

I will preorder it from the company that gives me the best incentive/bonus to do so.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheWord777

15. Posted:

im not really after current gen multiplat games but project cars,pikmin 3,mario brothers mii,aliens(delayed).

Wii U StarFox in Dx11.Yes please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

16. Posted:

Mercury9 wrote:

It makes no sense to me why you would go down that route when supermarkets and catalogues also stock them and attract much less attention, are much easier to buy and generally are cheaper!

I definitely take your point there, in fact I was thinking John Lewis because it's my favourite department store. I will be swayed by bundles though. I'm kind of excited because I've never bought a console at launch before; the closest was my Atari Jaguar, but that was a second-hand purchase on the internet (hard to believe I was doing online trading that long ago). Even if the Wii-U is a dud it will be fun to get to experience something new like that.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheWord777

17. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

It makes no sense to me why you would go down that route when supermarkets and catalogues also stock them and attract much less attention, are much easier to buy and generally are cheaper!

I definitely take your point there, in fact I was thinking John Lewis because it's my favourite department store. I will be swayed by bundles though. I'm kind of excited because I've never bought a console at launch before; the closest was my Atari Jaguar, but that was a second-hand purchase on the internet (hard to believe I was doing online trading that long ago). Even if the Wii-U is a dud it will be fun to get to experience something new like that.

i remeber buying a N64 with killer instinct 2 from the U.S for £250<best nintendo console but wii u day one for me.I might go to ASDA.Gamestation you have to buy the worst title bundle before getting a decent game that you have to trade for peanuts.

Wii U StarFox in Dx11.Yes please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

18. Posted:

I already preordered mine a few weeks ago.
I had some money to spare and I'm definitely getting the system so I thought I'd start paying for it.
Paid $300 (Australian) so far, so another $100-300 to go probably.
I'll pay for the rest once I know how much it costs. :P

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

19. Posted:

I will probably pre order mine from Amazon like I did the last few things I pre ordered. I never had a problem with them and best of all I dont have to fight a big crowd to get mine. :D

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link-Hero

20. Posted:

I'm going to pre-order mine from Amazon once I get the money.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25