Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U or VITA?

Showing 61 to 80 of 179

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

61. Posted:

That would make me The Dark Knight, wouldn't it?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

62. Posted:

I must have missed the NintendoLife meme, but I assume I'm one of these "white knight" things. What derogatory trait is this referring to?

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

63. Posted:

I never heard of this White Knight whatever, but that reminds me, I need to pick up WKCII sometime.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

64. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

I never heard of this White Knight whatever, but that reminds me, I need to pick up WKCII sometime.

You do. I enjoyed that one a lot. Traditional JRPG goodness.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

65. Posted:

Fear my music stick!

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

66. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

I must have missed the NintendoLife meme, but I assume I'm one of these "white knight" things. What derogatory trait is this referring to?

Basically someone who is quick to defend something. Usually applied to guys defending girls on the internet, but can be used to describe other things.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

67. Posted:

@OlympicCho
I'm fairly sure a "White Knight" is someone who leaps in to "save" a damsel in distress in the hope of getting some sort of social cred. So in this case it would be the people jumping in to support the people saying that the Vita is totally super awesome.

As for the "fun" of the Wii U being unproven I don't think you have that much of an argument. The real question mark over both of these systems is what sort of long term support they're going to get. We don't know how long that "fun" will extend across multiple years and multiple games and what sort of genres they'll be best at. This is the only thing about both systems we don't know.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

68. Posted:

What is a girl?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

69. Posted:

It's also worth pointing out that with the TV turned off the Wii U basically turns into a slightly larger Vita with more horsepower. The only difference in terms of usage, assuming you don't leave the house with it, is that with a Wii U you can also display HD content on a TV and have an extra four players with separate controllers. So for that reason if you ignore long term support, which is an unknown at this stage, the Wii U is a better experience if you're not taking it with you everywhere. If you are going to take it with you obviously the Wii U can't really do that in any practical sense.

So that's an objective comparison between the two.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

70. Posted:

I say it'll be more obvious when the WiiU is a year old, which ever system gets a good line up (and I mean EXCLUSIVE since if we were to include PSP/One games then the WiiU could include NES/SNES/MegaDeive/Mastersystem/ N64/NeoGeo/Arcade/WW/Wii/TurboGrafix/GCN)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

nickcarney

71. Posted:

One thing you need to remember is that TGS is coming up really soon, I would wait and see what announcements come from there before deciding. Also, there will presumably be another Nintendo Direct in the next two months detailing things like Miiverse and the eShop, perhaps a glimpse into what will be coming out after March 2013. If you do decide to go for Vita, wait until Christmas to pick it up. I say that because you could probably get it cheaper then than now. When I picked mine up I got it with a $50 GameStop card, I'm sure there will be similar deals this Holiday season. Then you'll also know if Assassin's Creed Liberation is any good, hopefully it is as it's the only notable game coming to the platform this Holiday.

nickcarney

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

72. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

What is a girl?

Something that seems smooth and inviting but is full of pepper spray and restraining orders.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

73. Posted:

skywake wrote:

It's also worth pointing out that with the TV turned off the Wii U basically turns into a slightly larger Vita with more horsepower. The only difference in terms of usage, assuming you don't leave the house with it, is that with a Wii U you can also display HD content on a TV and have an extra four players with separate controllers. So for that reason if you ignore long term support, which is an unknown at this stage, the Wii U is a better experience if you're not taking it with you everywhere. If you are going to take it with you obviously the Wii U can't really do that in any practical sense.

So that's an objective comparison between the two.

I agree with what you are trying to prove, but by your own admission they are too dissimilar for an objective comparison to hold any weight.
On the other hand, perhaps that was your point!

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

74. Posted:

Whatever you feel is better. You may want to wait on the Wii U and the Vita if it's that hard of a choice. My personal opinion, don't get the Vita. I am avoiding that thing, I hate to say it but the PSP is very influential in my thinking. 3DS is doing better and even that is only doing modestly right now. All the people I knew who had similar tastes in games as I did said the PSP was useless. It's an exaggeration, obviously there are plenty of good games on it but compared to the DS it was just totally outmatched. Call me fanboy all you want but I don't see the Vita being in a different position this generation than the PSP was last generation. Obviously things can change and I may be proved wrong, but right now I don't know why anyone would get it. If you see a bunch of games on it that are exclusive to it and really want then go on ahead and get it then. I am not stopping you.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

75. Posted:

So pretty much, don't get a Vita because lots of nintendo fanboys think the DS had a better library than the PSP. Perfect logics.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

76. Posted:

thelastlemming wrote:

I agree with what you are trying to prove, but by your own admission they are too dissimilar for an objective comparison to hold any weight.
On the other hand, perhaps that was your point!

Ultimately the thing that makes one platform different from another is the type of software that it runs. It doesn't matter if one console is technically superior or has an interesting sounding control scheme if it doesn't have the games you want to play. However on hardware alone the Wii U is a better console if you don't intend to take it with you everywhere. If this was a question of whether someone should get the same game on either Wii U or Vita and the intention was to play it at home I'd say get it on the Wii U. If they were wanting to take it with them everywhere the Vita would win.

The problem is that the software is not the same.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

77. Posted:

@zezhyrule: No, don't get a Vita because it's just an expensive paperweight at this point.

The_Fox wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

What is a girl?

Something that seems smooth and inviting but is full of pepper spray and restraining orders.

I hear you have to go outside to see them!

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HaastMK7

78. Posted:

"I Think Most people would pick the Home console (Wii U) than the Hand held (PS Vita)

1.Wii U has more games
2.Wii U is more creative when it comes to gaming
3.Wii U has it's own Social Network (Miiverse)
4Wii U has way better games than the Vita (e.g) Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, Nintendo Land, Zombie U, New Super Mario Bros and many more.

Edited on by HaastMK7

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

79. Posted:

Wii U has zero games. It needs to release first. :P

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

80. Posted:

Even better logics!

It's funny though, I can play a whole lot more games on my Vita currently than I could on a Wii U.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.