Forums

Topic: Wii U or VITA?

Posts 161 to 176 of 176

Mandoble

wiggler wrote:

So the question remains: should I get a Wii U, or a VITA?

If you have a PS3 then go for the Vita. If you dont have a home console then just choose between portable gaming or not. But, in that case, if you still plan to buy a Vita a bit later I would go for the PS3. The remote control, cross play and specially cross buy between Vita and PS3 make this combo a pretty interesting option.

Mandoble

kyuubikid213

I'm going to say Wii U. The Vita isn't bad by any stretch, but the Wii U can do so much more for the same price.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Turnip

I'd buy a VITA if I were you. That way, by the time you get a Wii U all of the good games like Pikmin 3 and whatnot will be released.

Cringing is really fun.

Gamesake

Gamer83 wrote:

'what should I get first,' and I say if the thread creator is a big Nintendo fan, Wii U, simply because I think it's going to be near impossible to find at stores for a while.

PS Vita is going to be impossible to find in stores too when Sony discontinues it in the near future.

...in my pants.

Hokori

Wow I just read the argument above me and I didn't have to read the waltz wrote to know waltz wrote what he wrote... He's as quick to defend the vita as Nintendo fanboys are to defend the WiiU, or at least waltz defending apple

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

moomoo

HarmoKnight wrote:

Wow I just read the argument above me and I didn't have to read the waltz wrote to know waltz wrote what he wrote... He's as quick to defend the vita as Nintendo fanboys are to defend the WiiU, or at least waltz defending apple

He defends his points well, so does it matter?

I see the points he makes on the Vita's case, although there are definitely some counterpoints to consider, namely on how successful the PSP was. Yeah, if we look at units sold, it did well, but one has to keep in mind the PSP had an atrocious attatchment rate. It doesn't matter how many systems are sold if few owners of the system are buying games on it. The Vita isn't exacly in a good case either, since games on the Vita aren't flying off of shelves either (although it can definitely be attributed to the lack of units sold in the first place).

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Happy_Mask

Gamesake wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

'what should I get first,' and I say if the thread creator is a big Nintendo fan, Wii U, simply because I think it's going to be near impossible to find at stores for a while.

PS Vita is going to be impossible to find in stores too when Sony discontinues it in the near future.

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

JohnPhilipSousa

teus wrote:

Treverend wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

The Vita. It's a better system than anything else out there at the moment and the lack of games thing is a myth.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone's just making it up... I say go with Wii U. This isn't meant to put down anything, but I honestly think Vita is a lost cause and a sinking ship, it's on life support and about to die.

yet sonmys announced that vita sales are meeting their expectations, not only that recent announcements would only strengthen its support.

So Sony expected it too fail? (trollface)

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

teus

Gamesake wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony isn't discontinuing the vita.. The vita is meeting sonys expectations, and it's only getting better, and Sony has learned from their mistakes with the psp. In my opinion the vita is becoming a must have for those who has the ps3. Not on,y at but the inclusion of the pen+ platform and a list of high profile games, including increasing support for cross- play. The vita does have a long future ahead of it.

NintendoID: Lazymutant

teus

LordSEGA95 wrote:

teus wrote:

Treverend wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

The Vita. It's a better system than anything else out there at the moment and the lack of games thing is a myth.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone's just making it up... I say go with Wii U. This isn't meant to put down anything, but I honestly think Vita is a lost cause and a sinking ship, it's on life support and about to die.

yet sonmys announced that vita sales are meeting their expectations, not only that recent announcements would only strengthen its support.

So Sony expected it too fail? (trollface)

Don't be so quick to assume they are failing, intact its only the opinion of some people that Sony is failing..

NintendoID: Lazymutant

Bankai

I'm also quick to defend Nintendo consoles when people are stupid enough to say there aren't any worthwhile games on them.

He defends his points well, so does it matter?

I see the points he makes on the Vita's case, although there are definitely some counterpoints to consider, namely on how successful the PSP was. Yeah, if we look at units sold, it did well, but one has to keep in mind the PSP had an atrocious attatchment rate. It doesn't matter how many systems are sold if few owners of the system are buying games on it. The Vita isn't exacly in a good case either, since games on the Vita aren't flying off of shelves either (although it can definitely be attributed to the lack of units sold in the first place).

There's a couple of counters to this:

1) The attach rate in Japan, which is where the PSP found genuine success, was quite good. Sony might struggle to replicate that success in the west, but it's not a good idea to criticise the PSP without consideration to the Japanese market, where it outsold the DS and 3DS by a considerable margin for a while.

2) Sales figures, to the best of my knowledge, still don't include download sales. When Sony is pushing the downloadable content and when everyone I know with Vita's are downloading games rather than buying box packs, it's not surprising that Vita games are underselling at retail.

I have just about every Vita game, but I only bought one at retail. According to sales figures, the Vita has a horrible attach rate with me, and yet I'm probably the most active Vita user in Australia.

RAFFwaff

One is a home console and the other a dedicated handheld system. Which suits your needs more? If you use the wii u pad to stream games you'll only be able to go 24ft from the console. If you are talking about games, then there will still no contest. The wii u wins hands down. The vita is struggling in terms of software and variety of it. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will be better on wii u than vita. Assassins Creed 3 will be better than Assassins Creed Liberation on vita. Mass Effect 3 will only be available in the palm of your hands on wii u. You can watch tv on the pad AND videocall. Plus you will never get nintendo's amazing first party franchises on vita. Lastly, for your dedicated handheld gaming I would recommend the 3ds over the vita. Better price point, better games, and nintendo will really be pushing link up between the wii u and 3ds from next year with lots of titles AND in much more original ways than Sony with ps3 and vita. You have been warned.

"This is not 'Nam, dude! (Donny, you're out of you're element....) Am I wrong here?" " You're not wrong Walter, you're just an ... !"

Mandoble

There are two sales figures for Vita, one is for units and the other is for software, and you are right, the latter ones dont include digital downloads, only retail.

Mandoble

Bankai

RAFFwaff wrote:

One is a home console and the other a dedicated handheld system. Which suits your needs more? If you use the wii u pad to stream games you'll only be able to go 24ft from the console. If you are talking about games, then there will still no contest. The wii u wins hands down. The vita is struggling in terms of software and variety of it. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will be better on wii u than vita. Assassins Creed 3 will be better than Assassins Creed Liberation on vita. Mass Effect 3 will only be available in the palm of your hands on wii u. You can watch tv on the pad AND videocall. Plus you will never get nintendo's amazing first party franchises on vita. Lastly, for your dedicated handheld gaming I would recommend the 3ds over the vita. Better price point, better games, and nintendo will really be pushing link up between the wii u and 3ds from next year with lots of titles AND in much more original ways than Sony with ps3 and vita. You have been warned.

I like how you started this post with something that sounds like you're going to be objective and rational, and then sneakily slip a whole lot of subjective fanboyism in there.

Edited on by Bankai

wiggler

Wow. Thank you all for responding! Surprisingly, I actually read all the comments(or at least skimmed each one at the very least). And although a majority of the comments were fan war based, there were definitely some very helpful posts in here.

Personally, I really want the Wii U, but there is not much motivation for me to pick it up this holiday after thinking about it. New Super Mario Bros. U isn't grabbing my attention much since I have already played the other 3 games in the series, Nintendo Land looks good, but I'm not sure how long it will keep me occupied. And the big third party games like Assassin's Creed III and Black Ops II, I can just play on my 360(I don't love my 360, but its my brothers old system that he gave to me) with my friends since they all won't invest in a Wii U this holiday season. Plus, Pikmin 3 is supposed to come out in 2013 by this point, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is also going to be on the 3DS(which I have). However, the VITA has a ton of games that I want in on right away. LittleBigPlanet looks amazing with its game creator, Sony Battle Royale and Street Fighter X Tekken look great, and I still want to try games like Uncharted Golden Abyss(loved the original Uncharted), Gravity Rush, Persona 4, New Little Kings Story, and I would LOVE to have the full NFS Most Wanted console game on a handheld. So... I think I am going to go with the VITA as of now, but my decision could always change.

And for those of you saying, "Get the Vita, the Wii U sucks" and "Get the Wii U, the Vita is terrible and has no good games", just remember:
Everyone is born differently, and everyone has a different mind. Everyone thinks differently so everyone has different interests. There are going to be people that prefer the Wii U and vice verse just because that's what interests them PERSONALLY.

Now that that's out of the way, thank you all for your responses(and occasional trolling)!

Edited on by wiggler

wiggler

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.