Forums

Topic: Wii U or VITA?

Posts 141 to 160 of 176

shingi_70

I will admit that was a bit broad. But it would disingenuous to say that's the success of monster hunter didn't spawn all the copy cat games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

But they are all third person games where you do various quests where you kill **** with your friends. Its like saying Medal of Honor and the newsgroup battlefield games aren't clearly to some degree call of duty clones.

Medal of Honor came out nearly a decade before Call of Duty.

Yet the recent call of duty's have been really inspired by the modern warfare motif which what clone means. Sad too because I could really go for a new peroxide piece game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Chrono_Cross

So... because they shared the same setting (World War II, a tragic, historic event), that automatically dictates being a clone? Wow, I never knew such logic existed.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

shingi_70

Wut

I'm talking about the medal of honor series being rebooted to be pretty similar to what the modern warfare games have been.

Usually in the market a clone is considered something that jumps on the bandwagon to grab some of its success. Same as why everyother mmo that comes out is called a wow clone.

Can't wait to see some new vita stuff announced at tgs this week.

WAT!

Chrono_Cross

So lets take your logic for an example. Every first person shooter since Call of Duty 4 is a clone. So any with follow me missions, explosions, swearing, poor AI, linearity, similar online functions, game modes, etc. (Brink, Bulletstorm, Battlefield 3, MAG, HomeFront, Crysis), are all clones.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

skywake

zezhyrule wrote:

@skywake: It's okay to praise stuff you haven't played if you're praising nintendo in the process. Otherwise, no go.

Ok then, next time there's a thread full of fanboy rantage I'll try to avoid being rational and just "pick a side" and claim its flawless..........

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Aviator

Back to the earlier discussion of ports on Vita, could someone be so kind to compile a losing of ports to the system?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

DeMoN-13ruce

lmaothis thread is rlly dumb comparing an handheld to an console jesus ....

i say both

Edited on by DeMoN-13ruce

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

WesFX

Do you favor truly portable gaming? Go with a Vita. It's not tied to a console plugged into the wall.
Are you simply interested in great graphics on the small screen? Wii U does that.
Can you see your self affording the other later? Wii U is just starting it's life, there's less of a rush to get it, and it'll likely be in short supply, so let it go to someone who's eager.
Are you worried about the future both consoles? Maybe wait on both.

WesFX

Magi

Lesson 1: Never ask a "Nintendo or Other" question on a Nintendo Board.

Lesson 2: Vita

Magi

Banker-Style

What's a Vita?

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Chozo85

You are never going to get an objective opinion on a Ninendo board, just as you wouldn't on a Sony board (although I'm curious as to why you haven't posted this question on Push Square as well). It's up to do your research and decide which console has the games that will appeal to you more. The Vita is a great console and the Wii U will be a great console. I'm sure whatever you decide you will be happy with it. I was going to comment on some of the ludicrous fanboy tit-for-tat in this threat but I won't waste my time.

Chozo85

SubBronze

Who wouldn't go for a Wii U, unless you want a bunch of games which are done better on a PS3...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Lunapplebloom

It all comes down to personal preference. Me, I can wait for the Vita, but it truly is a great system for graphics power and stuff. I just prefer Nintendo systems to Sony ones.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

nickcarney

Don't forget Uncharted Golden Abyss. While it's not nearly as good as U2 and U3, I would say it's actually better than the original. Definitely pick it up if you get a Vita.

nickcarney

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.