Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U or 3DS? Which is likely to be the best vessel for Nintendo games?

Showing 21 to 40 of 68

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

21. Posted:

Meh most games only output to 720 anyway and most people cant tell the s
Difference anyway.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

22. Posted:

And how SD TVs display games native to 480 better compared to HD TVs.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

23. Posted:

I think the OP made a lot of good points on this 1, so this could be a tough 1. In terms of controls, which is still somewhat questionable imo because of the placement of the analogs and the triggers and bumpers being placed near the top of the screen as opposed to the bottom, I kinda gotta give this 1 to the WiiU because for lefties (like me) dual analogs are much more flexible. Though on the other hand judging from a few videos I've seen, the size of the screen being a bit small is another slight factor for me because the control scheme will allow it to play like a lot like any DS. As far as 3DS vs PlayStation Vita is concerned however, and I realize this doesn't have much to do with any of those factors, the irony of it all is how Sony went ahead and excluded 3D from the Vita because it wouldn't be too easy to view and hold the system steadily, which is true where Sixaxis controls are concerned.... So why didn't they think about this when implementing Sixaxis? It really isn't gonna make viewing the screen itself any easier, setting aside the fact that a lot of people don't like using it. And so far, the 3DS isn't even using its own motion controls, and wouldn't suprise me all that much if it never did since this yet again what Nintendo likes to do. They tend to dream big without thinking these types of things ahead thoroughly.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SezeMakto

24. Posted:

I for one can see the difference between 480p DVD and 1080p Blu-Ray quite clearly. It's a massive improvement given you have a decent display. Even on a 23" Dell. However typically you need a 40 inch plus display to get the real benefit. The Wii-U is HDMI 1080p capable, but 720p may be used depending on processing power available. So native Wii-U games will
look awesome. The question is, will upscaled Wii & VC games look better or worse?

Edited on by SezeMakto

SezeMakto

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

25. Posted:

SezeMakto wrote:

I for one can see the difference between 480p DVD and 1080p Blu-Ray quite clearly. It's a massive improvement given you have a decent display. Even on a 23" Dell. However typically you need a 40 inch plus display to get the real benefit. The Wii-U is HDMI 1080p capable, but 720p may be used depending on processing power available. So native Wii-U games will
look awesome. The question is, will upscaled Wii & VC games look better or worse?

The Wii U won't upscale Wii games.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306869/wii-u-wont-upscal...

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SezeMakto

26. Posted:

Shame, perhaps I will just wait for the new play control Wii U versions of ny m Wii games....

SezeMakto

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jamouse

27. Posted:

Nintendo games would be great on iPhone!

Edited on by Jamouse

Jamouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

28. Posted:

SezeMakto wrote:

Shame, perhaps I will just wait for the new play control Wii U versions of ny m Wii games....

Why would they remake Wii games with WiiU controls? You'll still be able to any all you Wii accessories on the WiiU.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LuigiSucks

29. Posted:

3rd

3DS Friend Code is:1332-7709-6218.
Wii Code is:4256 2684 8092 4530

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

30. Posted:

home consoles have a history of doing well, especially in nintendo's case- you only have to look at the N.E.S, Super nintendo and wii library. although the gameboy and DS have been largely successful when it came to first and third party releases.

i want both the 3DS and wii U to have great games and to do well sales wise, but because i prefer home consoles over handhelds, i'd choose the wii U.

it's going to be more powerful than the wii, so that means we will get more quality 3rd party titles and plus, that controller allows developers to brainstorm so many different gaming ideas. imagine a metroid game in first person and by holding up the controller, you can see through samus's visor through the screen? you can scan, target enemies that way.

and with the announcement of tekken on the wii U, hopefully, this is the first of many fighting games to grace the console. the wii hasn't had many of these during its 5 year lifespan, although capcom vrs tatsunoko was great. i enjoyed that.

everyone is saying that nintendo is finished as a hardware company and that the 3DS, wii U has nothing left to offer. well, i think that as long as the games keep coming out, i think nintendo will still be around for a long time. they've survived through some difficult spells but they're not a sega. nintendo have the better IPs compared to them, although i both like sega and nintendo.

maybe perhaps nintendo should release some new franchises for the wii U and 3ds themselves, as well as keeping with mario, zelda, metroid, kirby etc, and give more prominence to the less known ones like fire emblem, stafy, earthbound/mother, f zero.
if anything, that is what they should do.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

31. Posted:

I'd say Wii U, mainly becasue my console is always the more definitive version of gaming compared to a handheld.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SezeMakto

32. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

SezeMakto wrote:

Shame, perhaps I will just wait for the new play control Wii U versions of ny m Wii games....

Why would they remake Wii games with WiiU controls? You'll still be able to any all you Wii accessories on the WiiU.

For the same reason you can buy Pikmin 1 for Gamecube or Wii and play both on Wii, or perhaps why Metroid Prime Trilogy was released when they could just bundle gamecube reprints instead.... new controls! A second screen is just as good an upgrade as any for old games.

SezeMakto

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SezeMakto

33. Posted:

misswliu81 wrote:

home consoles have a history of doing well, especially in nintendo's case- you only have to look at the N.E.S, Super nintendo and wii library. although the gameboy and DS have been largely successful when it came to first and third party releases.

i want both the 3DS and wii U to have great games and to do well sales wise, but because i prefer home consoles over handhelds, i'd choose the wii U.

it's going to be more powerful than the wii, so that means we will get more quality 3rd party titles and plus, that controller allows developers to brainstorm so many different gaming ideas. imagine a metroid game in first person and by holding up the controller, you can see through samus's visor through the screen? you can scan, target enemies that way.

and with the announcement of tekken on the wii U, hopefully, this is the first of many fighting games to grace the console. the wii hasn't had many of these during its 5 year lifespan, although capcom vrs tatsunoko was great. i enjoyed that.

everyone is saying that nintendo is finished as a hardware company and that the 3DS, wii U has nothing left to offer. well, i think that as long as the games keep coming out, i think nintendo will still be around for a long time. they've survived through some difficult spells but they're not a sega. nintendo have the better IPs compared to them, although i both like sega and nintendo.

maybe perhaps nintendo should release some new franchises for the wii U and 3ds themselves, as well as keeping with mario, zelda, metroid, kirby etc, and give more prominence to the less known ones like fire emblem, stafy, earthbound/mother, f zero.
if anything, that is what they should do.

Nintendo does not have to be the top dog to make money in its bubble world. Plus they have the cash on hand to weather several failures, which is unlikely as they are a good software house, but they occasionally need a kick in the ass to remember what's important. Mark my words, there will never be a Mario/Zelda/Metroid on Playstation or Xbox. Though I could see the iPhone, but only at a time when all portable systems become obsolete. Soon, we will carry our only PC in our pockets, and link up.to monitors, in say 20 years when phones become tricorders. LoL.

SezeMakto

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

34. Posted:

to answer the question, Wii U, because of the absurd variety of ways games could be played on it (although less if they decide to abandon Wiimotes, which would suck), 3DS is pretty much just DS again but with better graphics and online(?). And 3D.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mr_Trill281

35. Posted:

i say both will.

Lets All Keep It "TRILL"...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

36. Posted:

SezeMakto wrote:

Nintendo does not have to be the top dog to make money in its bubble world. Plus they have the cash on hand to weather several failures, which is unlikely as they are a good software house, but they occasionally need a kick in the ass to remember what's important. Mark my words, there will never be a Mario/Zelda/Metroid on Playstation or Xbox. Though I could see the iPhone, but only at a time when all portable systems become obsolete. Soon, we will carry our only PC in our pockets, and link up.to monitors, in say 20 years when phones become tricorders. LoL.

exactly. i guess given how long they have been in the industry and how many millions of units their consoles have sold, they realise that they don't have to prove anything to any one. someone needs to kick nintendo up the arse because they need to move forward as a company. not to say they should ditch their main franchises, but they need to develop some fresh and new ones.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

37. Posted:

Wii U. 3DS will still be a great system of choice but Wii U is where we'll be getting the big guns at. And I like big guns.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bub166

38. Posted:

That's a very difficult question. The 3DS will definitely be you better, if not way cheaper to buy the system, peripherals, and actual games. It's also better for the lesser fan of Nintendo from what we've seen of the Wii U, and the fact that there are classic Ninty games that you can play on the go kind of complete that one.

On the other hand, all of those Wii games are amazing, and you'd be surprised what else you can find that is good on there. Plus, it looks like Nintendo and many developers are getting serious about 3rd party support on the Wii U. EA is rumored to be wanting to bring BF3 to the system, and they recently announced that they would be porting "major franchises." They are also helping with the online system, which, believe me, is a life saver from all of these friend codes. Bethesda Studios also said they want to bring Skyrim, their huge new game, over to the Wii U and that they plan to do so if they don't have to change much. Darksiders 2 is confirmed to be going to Wii U, and I think it's supposed to be a launch title. You mentioned that you grew up on Nintendo, too, and the expansive Virtual Console (which offers near perfect emulation) can let you relive some great times. Basically, this could indeed replace your XBOX. I also do most of my gaming on XBOX, but plan to drop that next year since I can finally have serious, darker games along with fun, lighthearted Nintendo games on the same system.

Hope I helped.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

39. Posted:

Based on the pattern that Nintendo's home consoles follow, I think the Wii U will be one of the best systems for Nintendo franchises. However, the 3DS will get major first-party games a lot quicker. I doubt the Wii U will have Zelda, 3D Mario, or Metroid until at least a few years after launch.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

40. Posted:

Meta-Rift wrote:

Based on the pattern that Nintendo's home consoles follow, I think the Wii U will be one of the best systems for Nintendo franchises. However, the 3DS will get major first-party games a lot quicker. I doubt the Wii U will have Zelda, 3D Mario, or Metroid until at least a few years after launch.

maybe Metrpid could see nintendo doing a launch like this.

1080 snowboarding (NST)
F-zero (Retro)
Pikmin

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70