Forums

Topic: Wii U on X-Play 9/26/12

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

black-kyurem

I recently watched the 9/26/12 episode of X-play for the Wii U reaction,and I got to watch 6+ minutes of nintendo Wii U bashing. Please try to watch this episode and post reactions.
P.S-Unfourtounatly this is being typed from my 3DS So I cant find or post a link to the episode. Sorry '-'. Look at Kyuubikid123's post directly below to get a link.

Edited on by black-kyurem

black-kyurem

kyuubikid213

I'll try to find it. Without the assistance of a link...

EDIT: According to what I could find, it was on at 6:30. It is now 8:03 where I am.

EDIT 2: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/tag/11356/wii-u/

ACTUAL RESPONSE:
I don't know if I found the right video. From what I saw it wasn't so much "Nintendo Bashing" as much as it was them not quite knowing what they'll be getting with the Wii U. Which is fair because we don't exactly know what we'll be getting with the system until it actually comes around in November.

I do think they underestimate it (besides the "Nintendo, go print your own money" bit), by saying the Xbox 720 and PS4 will be the hardcore gamers' choice since the Wii U is geared toward a more family-oriented market. The Wii had its fair share of hardcore titles and they sat well with the hardcore gamers. And since the Wii U is launching with a decent set of hardcore titles such as Assassin's Creed III, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, and Batman Arkham City, the hardcore gamers will have more of a variety in "hardcore systems" unlike when the Wii was around. Also, the third party support that the Wii U already has is a good sign for the system. The competitors will definitely have their titles that will be great, but the Wii U (so far) has shown that it can keep up the pace, unlike the Wii, in terms of power.

Another area where I disagree with them is about the confusion on whether or not the Wii U is a new system entirely or just an add-on for the Wii. The people that really care about it will know that it is a new system. Those that don't probably won't care one way or the other. As for the in-between crowd, they can simply do a Google or Bing search and have their answer or even ask the salesperson at the store of their choice.

As for the SmartGlass comparision and them saying it just being a "fad," hopefully they remember that the Wii started the motion control fad and eventually evolved into Move and Kinect. The "Dual Screen fad" was also pretty much brought to the forefront with the DS. It worked for a handheld, so why not bring it to the living room? I know about Apple's Air-Play, but I only just heard about that this year from OlympicCho, so I will assume that others who don't follow Apple products won't know much about it. Also, they brought up SmartGlass as though the Wii U used that as a guide for their dual screen usage. While I think Nintendo took some of that into consideration when beefing up the system between E3 2011 and E3 2012, we didn't hear about SmartGlass until this past E3 whereas we heard about the Wii U back in 2011.

TL;DR This wasn't a Nintendo-Bashing video, it was a video about speculation on the Wii U and how it will fair against Sony and Microsoft's gaming consoles. I disagree with some of their points, but others are valid. I think the Wii U will do fine (like they said) because of the Nintendo crowd and the IPs that Nintendo can bring.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

LordJumpMad

black-kyurem wrote:

Wii U bashing.

X-Play, always keeping it classy

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

The_Fox

Not lavishly complimenting everything about Nintendo = intolerable bashing. I guess.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

V8_Ninja

Honestly, that X-Play bit was surprisingly mild. They actually had some fair criticism that I partly agree with and besides the primary male host they seemed to be in control of themselves.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Aviator

Nintendo might sell the Wii U.

^^^

WII U BASHING RIGHT THERE!!

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

kyuubikid213

I would like to direct future posters to my reaction in Post #2.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

carnage2211

I think Blair Herter is genuinely excited for it but when the other two people (Morgan Webb and that guy from indoor kids) Started to dis it a little bit. But all in all i think it will do fine in the market . Still a day 1 purchase for me.

Poop

black-kyurem

Lookin back on it...It does sound like they were making some fairly solid arguments.BUT it does seem like they were leaving out some details (they forgot to mention Nintendo Tvii's ability to upload tv moments to Facebook and other Tvii features)

black-kyurem

RR529

kkslider5552000 wrote:

implying X-play matters

This.

X-Play was only good back in it's half hour days. Once they became a "serious" hour long program, their quality fell tremendously, IMO.

I'll still watch the video though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

black-kyurem

Thanks for all the comments and opinions.Every persons opinion matters no matter how much i aggree with it(or not). I genuinely mean that.

black-kyurem

black-kyurem

V8_Ninja wrote:

Honestly, that X-Play bit was surprisingly mild. They actually had some fair criticism that I partly agree with and besides the primary male host they seemed to be in control of themselves.

That's actually a pretty solid observation.

black-kyurem

Lan

"...I think the hardcore gamers are gonna go for the PS4 and the Xbox 720...because they're gonna have the better graphics, you nkow, the kind of stuff WE get excited about"

That seriously made me bust out laughing. I'm beginning to think hardcore means people who spend 6 hours a day playing Call of Duty and people whose first console was the PS2.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

kkslider5552000

Lan wrote:

That seriously made me bust out laughing. I'm beginning to think hardcore means people who spend 6 hours a day playing Call of Duty and people whose first console was the PS2.

That's the general impression I get out of most people still dumb enough to call themselves hardcore and expect to be taken seriously even in terms of "video games are serious business apparently". Sometimes it'll at least be the western RPG flavor of the month though.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Hokori

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Lan wrote:

That's the general impression I get out of most people still dumb enough to call themselves hardcore and expect to be taken seriously even in terms of "video games are serious business apparently". Sometimes it'll at least be the western RPG flavor of the month though.

skyrim, Diablo III, mists of pandaria.
I agree except I'd say every 4 months, can't wait till they cross breed WRPGs with FPSes

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Hokori

oh no....it's come...?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Lan

HarmoKnight wrote:

oh no....it's come...?

Borderlands and Fallout 3/New Vegas

Dragon friend safari

Lan

But Torchlight 2 is amazing

Dragon friend safari

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.