Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Not a Next-Gen Console?

Showing 81 to 100 of 152

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

81. Posted:

@MadAussieBogus
I can't tell if that's for the PS3 or PS4, either way i'm not Maturez enough to play that hardcore blistering shooter shinanigans. I bet the game opens up with some husky macho sounding narrator with an "end of the world" tone to his voice, with the lead character sporting 1080p sweaty man stubble drenched in rusty SCFI War heavy mech gear. How do people NOT get sick of this sh**. Hell, I was tired of the New Super Mario Bros series 15 minutes into the Wii sequal.lol The DS version was enough for me. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

82. Posted:

@Wavinator No that game is called 'Space Marine Dudebrofest 4025: are you half robot enuff to laser/taser em' on PS3.

The PS4 future is revolutionizing a old man ;)
Untitled
Expect to see alot of old men talking in hour long cutscenes about the good old days of game design and general fun factor with top notch gameplay ;)

Edited on by MAB

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuardianKing

83. Posted:

Can we please lock this and end the argument?

It all depends: yes, in terms of sheer number, Wii U is next-gen. Is it more powerful than PS4X1? No! Does that mean we can't have fun with the Wii U? NO!

/thread

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

84. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@Wavinator No that game is called 'Space Marine Dudebrofest 4025: are you half robot enuff to laser/taser em' on PS3.

The PS4 future is revolutionizing a old man ;)
Untitled
Expect to see alot of old men talking in hour long cutscenes about the good old days of game design and general fun factor with top notch gameplay ;)

Whoa! Is that elder from a video game? He looks so real, that's incredible! :O

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

85. Posted:

But Quantic dream doesn't make Video Games.

Also power means nothing when the best games were indie.



Plus generations don;t really factor power.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

86. Posted:

@MaduAussieBlokey'
LMAO. You are too wicked & swift! :p and 1 hour cutscenes? we already have those in Metal Gear Solid. ;)

@Sony_70
Octodad looks pretty neat, but the rest? Blah. And Below looks like some artsy fartsy hipster flash-game. "What is this? A center for ants!?"

As far as those downloadable PS4 indie titles go, i'd rather take Octodad, Outlast and that sidescroller developed by the creators of Scott Pilgrim. :p Well that's if i had to choose. Still, I'd much rather play the oh so sweet & quackOlicious' Ducktales Remastered and Shovel Knight on the Wii U.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

87. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Sony_70
Octodad looks pretty neat, but the rest? Blah.

You just said blah to Transistor. You're dead to me, damnit. :P

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

88. Posted:

MAN1AC wrote:

skywake wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Discostew wrote:

By all accounts then, PS4/XB1 aren't next-gen either compared to PC.

We're obviously talking gaming consoles.
Good try though.

Why does that make any difference? Because they put a badge on the box, sell it with a controller and close it off it's somehow magically different? If the Wii U isn't "next gen" enough because of specs then neither are the PS4/XB1. Unless "next gen" is some arbitrary and trivially overcome level of graphical horsepower.

Really I don't see the point of this meaningless definition argument. They are boxes that play the games, without the games they are just boxes. If you must debate what's "next-gen" and what isn't debate about what games are pushing the boundaries not what hardware is.

There's a difference in PC gaming and buying hardware from the big 3. If I'm purchasing a Wii U or PS4 its obviously because I want to purchase and play exclusive games on it.

And as of right now the Wii U is lacking on both games and specs so I dont know where you're going with the last part of ur post.

So like I said, as long as ur enjoying the experience then it really shouldn't matter.

It probably would have been worth actually reading my post before replying in that way. All I said was that the "next-gen" debate about the hardware is meaningless because we only buy the hardware to play games. If there must be a debate about what's "next-gen" and what isn't then it should be about games and not the hardware. If you want to make it about the graphical power then you HAVE to include PC gaming and then you'll realise that this isn't that "next-gen" at all.

Also the "the Wii U doesn't have games" remark kinda buggers up your argument. If that's your opinion then cool but it only serves to reinforce my argument. That the specs don't matter and it's about new experiences through software. Personally I was more impressed by Mario Kart 8 than I was with Ryse, CoD and the Halo teaser.... but that's another debate I guess....

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

smashbrolink

89. Posted:

The gen of a system has always been defined by sequence and not power.
That's a universal truth, regardless of the year the tech inside was made.
Can we drop this now? It's not worth arguing about with such a clear-cut and logical answer already known.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

90. Posted:

The Wii U has alot of potential besides graphics. NFC, 9 axis, touch controls, and more focus on motion controls with a moderately powerful machine is pretty appealing, IMO.
The graphics aren't even that bad. X, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pikmin, and basically every other big game out for the thing shows the Wii U isn't messing around.
The same thing happened with DS vs. PSP. The graphics were basically 'traded' for the second screen and touch controls, and the 3DS expanded upon that trade. The graphics were still decent, but those were the main focus. We have 3DS now, which bumps the graphics up, and added tons of other features not in the DS.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

91. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

guys, the WiiU is NOT next-gen. it's still using hardware WORSE than PS3/360. it's NOT newer tech, it's current-gen. END OF STORY. now go drink lemonade or something.

Are you kidding? Xbox 360 and PS3 can't even handle Need For Speed Most Wanted as well as the Wii U can.
The chip inside the Wii U is about 5 years newer than PS3's.
I don't get where you're getting the idea that Wii U is weaker than last gen consoles... That was the whole reason why I brought up the Wii. The Wii was stronger than the 6th gen consoles(GCN, PS2, Xbox), even if it was by a little bit, and there was motion controls on top of that.

I'll say it agian but simply the Wii was a 7th generation console it came out the same time as the PS3, i would of hoped the Wii had better spec's than the PS2, a 6th generation console. It's like saying the PS3 had better spec's than a GameCube, duhh.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

92. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

guys, the WiiU is NOT next-gen. it's still using hardware WORSE than PS3/360. it's NOT newer tech, it's current-gen. END OF STORY. now go drink lemonade or something.

Are you kidding? Xbox 360 and PS3 can't even handle Need For Speed Most Wanted as well as the Wii U can.
The chip inside the Wii U is about 5 years newer than PS3's.
I don't get where you're getting the idea that Wii U is weaker than last gen consoles... That was the whole reason why I brought up the Wii. The Wii was stronger than the 6th gen consoles(GCN, PS2, Xbox), even if it was by a little bit, and there was motion controls on top of that.

I'll say it agian but simply the Wii was a 7th generation console it came out the same time as the PS3, i would of hoped the Wii had better spec's than the PS2, a 6th generation console. It's like saying the PS3 had better spec's than a GameCube, duhh.

Ya. Wii U has better specs than PS3 and Xbox 360. Duhh.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

93. Posted:

What I think is ironic is how everyone keeps comparing the three, yet the big three are taking their own paths. Wii U focuses on games and a unique experience, PS4 focuses on sharing content, horsepower and gaming too, while the Xbox One wants to be the all-entertainment center with Microsoft over your shoulder all the time ;)

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

94. Posted:

Honestly, I'm happy with the Wii U. I have a decent collection of recently released games like Tekken, Sonic Racing, COD(meh, but still), Nintendo Land is fun for multiplayer(mainly), Lego is a pretty good game with alot to do, Monster Hunter is entertaining, VC games, etc.
Those are pretty hardcore games, give or take. It just doesn't seem like people think the Wii U is hardcore at all. COD and Tekken are hardcore on PS3/Xbox 360, but it's not hardcore on the Wii U? WTF.
The Wii U can do alot more than last gen consoles. It's just common sense.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

95. Posted:

Perhaps with the consoles released later this year they can drop the "next gen" title finally.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

96. Posted:

All 3rd parties should be wanting to put out all their big games on the Wii U by the middle of next year, I think.
The Wii U has the GamePad, and Sony is requiring the remote play option for all games, which requires a Vita. That means Sony just guaranteed the GamePad won't go unused if it gets PS4 ports of the games.
If Nintendo can get tons of people to get a Wii U, and love it like an adorable puppy, 3rd parties will jump. I guarantee it.
The Wii U isn't even that weak. Alot of games are scalable, too, so popularity of the Wii U will make 3rd parties want their games on there.
Basically everyboby freaking wants Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Pikmin, Zelda, etc. are awesome, too.
Nintendo's putting out tons of good games, and there's alot of untapped potential. Nintendo hasn't even finished the OS yet, and hardly anyone realizes the eShop is basically an app store.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

97. Posted:

Source for the remote play requirement?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

98. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

Source for the remote play requirement?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-mandate...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

99. Posted:

What...is the point for that? Are they really that desperate to push the Vita?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

100. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

What...is the point for that? Are they really that desperate to push the Vita?

They want to compete with Wii U, while giving more reason to own a Vita.
You don't need a 3DS for remote play, obviously, and there are different games on 3DS compared to the Wii U, anyway.

$¢@®³’²