Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Not a Next-Gen Console?

Showing 41 to 60 of 152

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fazermint

41. Posted:

It's just a way of taking a quick jab at Nintendo. They can't say "X1/PS4 has better games", so they overemphasize the fact that their hardware is slightly stronger.

Fazermint

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveyChristmas

42. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Planet Master System, Genesis, MegaCD, 32X, Game Gear, Nomad & Dreamcast would disagree ;)

Don't forget the planned Pluto and Sega Neptune. ;) With Sega Mars being their new next console.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Macattack

43. Posted:

Seriously, all next gen insanity aside, I don't understand how much better people expect their graphics to get. I for one don't ever want Mario or Sonic to look as realistic as some artists have depicted. xD I think The graphics for WiiU now are just about perfect for most of their iconic series and characters. Even the Zelda series, which very well suits a Twilight Princess-inspired style, looked amazing when they first showed off the WiiU pad.

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

44. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Planet Master System, Genesis, MegaCD, 32X, Game Gear, Nomad & Dreamcast would disagree ;)

Don't forget the planned Pluto and Sega Neptune. ;) With Sega Mars being their new next console.

How about I boot up Uranus mate ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveyChristmas

45. Posted:

Macattack wrote:

Seriously, all next gen insanity aside, I don't understand how much better people expect their graphics to get. I for one don't ever want Mario or Sonic to look as realistic as some artists have depicted. xD I think The graphics for WiiU now are just about perfect for most of their iconic series and characters. Even the Zelda series, which very well suits a Twilight Princess-inspired style, looked amazing when they first showed off the WiiU pad.

I'm with you man. But then again, Nintendo can step it up even further with most of their cartoony franchises and deliver the graphical power of the character models of that CG cut scene during the Mega man trailer in Super Smash Bros U. There's a clear difference between the CG visuals and gameplay, I guess you could say that these nintendo CG character models will be thee' mute point. It cant and shouldn't look any more detailed than this.

Links CG model is absolutely stunning as well, maybe if the Wii U had the power of the PS4 it could maybe match those visuals. As is, i just don't really care. these Wii U games look absolutely gorgeous(mario kart 8 especially) and they're good enough for me!

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

46. Posted:

sinanziric wrote:

Wii U is next gen.

Talking about specs do not belong to console gaming.

Nintendo is the last video game console, if you like PC go buy XBOX ONE or PS4 or make it yourself.

Sorry to say but the Xbox One & PS4 are not PC's, PC's & consoles are built differently and one uses modified hardware where as the other doesn't.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

47. Posted:

Fazermint wrote:

It's just a way of taking a quick jab at Nintendo. They can't say "X1/PS4 has better games", so they overemphasize the fact that their hardware is slightly stronger.

Sorry some of the games i'm playing now and that are coming to the PS4, you just cannot be found on the Wii U.

And when reading the posts someone living on a different planet.

SCAR392

I would hope the Wii did have better specs towards the PS2, seeing as the Wii came out in 2006. So why your comparing a 7 generation console (Wii, PS3, Xbox360) towards a 6 generation console (Xbox,GameCube,PlayStation 2,Dreamcast) god knows, if your saying the Wii was a generation behind your right but you wasn't, as the Wii was current generation. And no you cannot Skype on the Wii U, but it can MiiChat meaning the other person has to have a Wii U to use it. And no the Wii U's GPU doesn't come close to the PS4 GPU.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

48. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

It's just a way of taking a quick jab at Nintendo. They can't say "X1/PS4 has better games", so they overemphasize the fact that their hardware is slightly stronger.

Sorry some of the games i'm playing now and that are coming to the PS4, you just cannot be found on the Wii U.

And when reading the posts someone living on a different planet.

And sorry, some of the games that I'm playing now on my Wii U (and other games that I will be playing when they are released later, just like games that are 'coming to PS4') just can't be played on anything other than the Wii U. You have fun with your PS4, I'll have fun with the new Smash Bros, which, by the way, is a Nintendo exclusive, in case you forgot. Oh wait, you can play PS All-stars Battle Royale! Wait, what's that? It was deemed a "FAILURE" and the sequel was CANCELLED? Gee, I'm sorry. Well, if you don't mind, I'm going to go play some Brawl to whet my appetite for the next SSB. I bid you farewell.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

49. Posted:

Wii U is ubernextgen for creativity and comfort, bringing together all kinds of controls.
After the reveal PS4 and XBox3 still have no offTV-touchscreen controller, but maybe in a few years or next gen.

However, great success for the platforms is all depending on games the mass market wants.. games such as Wii Fit U, Smash Bros. and Mario Kart. ;)

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

50. Posted:

Captain_Balko

I know full well a lot of the PS4 games will not be on the Wii U, and i can play any Nintendo games i want when ever i like.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FullbringIchigo

51. Posted:

the WiiU is the successor to the Wii thus it is the next generation Nintendo and again thus it is a next generation console full stop

a generation has nothing to do with power it's numbers

I play games not companys , I don't care what I play them on as long as I have fun doing it ^_^

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

52. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Captain_Balko

I know full well a lot of the PS4 games will not be on the Wii U, and i can play any Nintendo games i want when ever i like.

But you say that it is false that the PS4 and XBox One games aren't as good as the Wii U games. My argument is that you fail to take into consideration that Nintendo has tons of fantastic exclusives that have been announced, and that because nobody can make fun of Nintendo's supposed "lack of games", they are instead focusing on the specs, not the games. Everybody has got exclusives. Your original point was invalid.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

53. Posted:

I find it as next gen. HD, better online, unique controller, and, of course, new games. The Wii U is a good, next gen console.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

54. Posted:

I don't know why it's being put back on topic because I thought this was cleared up at the start of the first page... Everyone has their own opinion about the meaning but at the end of the day the reality is that nobody really cares ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

55. Posted:

Captain_Balko wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Captain_Balko

I know full well a lot of the PS4 games will not be on the Wii U, and i can play any Nintendo games i want when ever i like.

But you say that it is false that the PS4 and XBox One games aren't as good as the Wii U games. My argument is that you fail to take into consideration that Nintendo has tons of fantastic exclusives that have been announced, and that because nobody can make fun of Nintendo's supposed "lack of games", they are instead focusing on the specs, not the games. Everybody has got exclusives. Your original point was invalid.

Please read posts, i didn't as anything about the Xbox nor did i say anything about the Wii U games. all i said was some of the games on Playstation cannot be found on the Wii U.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

56. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Captain_Balko wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Captain_Balko

I know full well a lot of the PS4 games will not be on the Wii U, and i can play any Nintendo games i want when ever i like.

But you say that it is false that the PS4 and XBox One games aren't as good as the Wii U games. My argument is that you fail to take into consideration that Nintendo has tons of fantastic exclusives that have been announced, and that because nobody can make fun of Nintendo's supposed "lack of games", they are instead focusing on the specs, not the games. Everybody has got exclusives. Your original point was invalid.

Please read posts, i didn't as anything about the Xbox nor did i say anything about the Wii U games. all i said was some of the games on Playstation cannot be found on the Wii U.

First of all, the original poster that you quoted was talking about Xbox One AND PS4 and you disputed his claim, giving me the right to speak about both. Secondly, "All I said was some of the games on Playstation cannot be found on the Wii U". Thanks, tips. I always thought that EVERY PLAYSTATION GAME IS COMING TO WII U! Obviously. ESPECIALLY the Sony Exclusives. What you're saying is incredibly obvious. The original poster that you disputed wrote "It's just a way of taking a quick jab at Nintendo. They can't say "X1/PS4 has better games", so they overemphasize the fact that their hardware is slightly stronger." (@Fazermint). This makes sense. He didn't say "PS4 has no EXCLUSIVE games". Nobody said that. Ever. But your point is "Well, there are games that are EXCLUSIVE to PS4. This has nothing to do with the argument at hand. We argue that people aren't saying that X1 and PS4 have a BETTER exclusive lineup than Wii U, not that they don't have one at all. Your argument is simply invalid and has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

57. Posted:

Oh my gosh guys who the **** cares

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

58. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Oh my gosh guys who the **** cares

Oh my, you're right, we shouldn't be debating over things because nobody cares, right? It's not like this is THE INTERNET or anything?

But seriously, why would you say "Who the **** cares" when obviously everybody participating cares enough to post their opinion and feed the argument? Obviously quite a few people care. Maybe if you said "WHY do you people care" you would have a point, but as of now you have zilch.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

59. Posted:

Captain_Balko

I wasn't arguing you where, and i'm not talking about exclusives either, god knows what your ranting in that post tho.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

60. Posted:

Whoa @turtlelink and @Captain_Balko, May you please calm down? I thought we were just expressing our opinions, no need to change other people's minds and make them think the same way you do. I thought the forum rules said to be kind and show respect. So may you two stop this and be kind and let discussing here be fun and without frustrations?

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.