Forums

Topic: Wii U needs a Capcom Five

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

ChimeraKnight

Capcom and creativity haven't exactly been on speaking terms recently.

ChimeraKnight

CanisWolfred

ChimeraKnight wrote:

I wasn't talking specifically about Capcom. I'm of the opinion that Capcom physically cannot make 5 games at once anymore. I mean if anyone makes a bunch of games simultaneously for the Wii U, I'd prefer it be new ideas and not just more sequels and reboots.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Creativity and New IP aren't something that gels together. A well done re imagining of a past games series especially the three I mentioned at the end of the day would be much better than something new yet Devoid of creativity.

ChimeraKnight wrote:

You could honestly say that about most games that are downloadable or Kickstarter games today. At the same time barring crap like Xover and phone games most of Capcom's output has been pretty good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

I agree, Capcom needs to make a new IP if they do anything at all. MegaMan is basically dead, and RE isn't as good as it used to be, IMO. Revelations was ok, but it wasn't anything near as as "groundbreaking" as REmake, 4, and possibly 5. REmake wasn't even 100% new.

Aside from Monster Hunter and Dead Rising, nothing has really been that great. Oh well... Super Smash Bros has MegaMan, so that must be good enough.

EDIT: Capcom needs to save themselves somehow, right?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

ChimeraKnight

shingi_70 wrote:

You could honestly say that about most games that are downloadable or Kickstarter games today. At the same time barring crap like Xover and phone games most of Capcom's output has been pretty good.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

There are some interesting ideas that get put up on kickstarter, unfortunately they don't always get funded. As for Capcom I wouldn't say they've had a great track record recently; RE6, RE: Revelations, DmC, the Dragon's Dogmas, the Lost Planets, Asura's Wrath, the MvC3s, Remember Me, the Monster Hunters, the Dead Risings, the Street Fighter 4s. These aren't all the games they've developed/published recently and are all these games bad? No, but I would say a lot of them are mediocre at best.

Capcom needs some fresh ideas and talent, they had that with Clover and for whatever reason decided to shut them down. That's not to say they haven't tried to support new IPs, some of those I listed were created within in the last console cycle, but overall they seem content to pump out a new version of Street Fighter and Monster Hunter while neglecting other classic franchises they have access to like Mega Man.

Edited on by ChimeraKnight

ChimeraKnight

edhe

I think Capcom needs a Capcom Five, to be honest.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Blast

Capcom may be in a tough financial state but if they keep improving Monster Hunter... They're gonna make some money eventually.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

ogo79

CountWavula wrote:

This is what the Capcom 5 should be.

Power Stone 3
Viewtiful Joe 3
Resident Evil Reboot
Mega Man 11
Ghosts 'n Goblins U

i got yer power stone

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Chrono_Cross

theblackdragon wrote:

Nintendo needs nothing from Capcom.

You're right, Nintendo doesn't need third party support for its unknown next generation platform.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

DudeSean

1. Resident Evil U
2. Mega Man U
3. Capcom X Nintendo
4. Final Fight U
5. Ghosts 'n' Goblins U

Capcom doesn't have to actually make the games themselves, just let a talented developer handle it, like Inti Creates or Tose.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

LzWinky

Street Fighter V
Street Fighter V Super HD Edition
Street Fighter V Ultimate Super Edition in ULTRA HD
Super Street Fighter V
Ultra Street Fighter V Super Combo Ultimate Breaker S-Rank Anime Edition

There, I saved Capcom using their own strategy

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DudeSean

What about a hyper turbo fighting edition?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Phatosaurus

More like a Platinum five. We've got 2/5 already.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.