Forums

Topic: wii u in 2014. ?

Posts 1 to 20 of 33

PhoenixUltra

Do guys predict or speculate that wii u will get more third party games in this year.

Edited on by PhoenixUltra

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

sinalefa

yes, from indies

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

10000mario

No, but I think Nintendo will do a amazing job of putting out first party titles and indies this year.

10000mario

larry_koopa

No, but I suppose that Nintendo could surprise us at E3. They've been known to do that in the past

Nintendo's first-party line-up will be stellar this year, and hopefully Bayonetta 2 will finally come out (why is that taking so long?? lol), but I don't think that major developers will all of a sudden flock to the Wii U in support when they can make more money making games for Xbone and PS4. It's unfortunate to be sure, but that's the way that I see it.

Nintendo should just buy Sega. That way Sonic games could only appear on Nintendo's hardware. I've never been a Sonic fan, but I think this would help Nintendo's cause. I know Lost World was exclusive due to a partnership, but having Generations and Colors appear on every other console is not good.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Tasuki

Unless sales improve big time then probably not. If you are looking for third party games well you are probably better off getting a PS4, Xbox One or PC.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Chrono_Cross

Tasuki wrote:

If you are looking for third party games well you are probably better off getting a PS4, Xbox One or PC.

Why you're waiting for third party games on a Nintendo console, TC, is beyond me.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

LoBo

I think Nintendo will try harder to encourage more third parties to support the Wii U , they have to , can they just rely on first party games , they are so few and far between, waiting for mk8 is like painful .. we know nothing , its not good to be kept in the dark

LoBo

scrubbyscum999

No, which isnt that bad if you have my tastes in games and a 3ds.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

Nintendo will probably let us on to a bunch of first and second party games for the Wii U by E3.

As for third parties, they're more than likely already gone for good. We're probably still going to get the annual Call of Duty, the occasional multiplat, and Assassin's Creed (if Ubisoft hasn't left us), but aside from that, it's about time the Nintendo goodness started flooding in.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

19Robb92

Sure, but not AAA.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Ryno

Just Just Dance 2015

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MasterHiggins

We may have more third party Lego games in total this year than any other offerings from third parties.
There may even be Simpsons and Ghostbuster games in 2015.

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

MAN1AC

I really can't see a situation where they get a lot of 3rd parties back on board. I expect the Wii U to sell better than last year due to it having more notable software coming to the platform but I doubt it catches the eye of 3rd parties. Not when the majority of sales will be due to 1st party games.

I expect the Wii U to get a lot of indie love and have a few 3rd party exclusives.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

DefHalan

PhoenixUltra wrote:

Do guys predict or speculate that wii u will get more third party games in this year.

No, 2014 is going to have to be where Nintendo Proves 3rd Party can do well on Wii U then 2015 would be where you start seeing support. It takes time to develop games and we won't see a turn around very fast but if Nintendo can create good press with Indies that "Love developing on Wii U" and growing the install base then 2015 is when we will see 3rd Parties starting to give Wii U another try.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

It's literally impossible they won't. I think either a new Skylanders or something Disney Infinity was confirmed for Wii U over Wii, which would help quite a bit?

I could see COD getting another ok-ish port.

Maybe some of the mid-tier devs left (all 5 of them that don't rely on digital sales :V) helping. Maybe an Atlus game before SMTXFE since I kinda doubt that's coming this year (aka everyone will be disappointed if it isn't Persona 4 or 5). Capcom's done pretty well with MH3U. What's the Scribblenauts guys doing?

otherwise, it's all about the indies!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Pit-Stain

Hopefully, more 3rd party support from indie developers and major 1st party titles releases.

Pit-Stain

skywake

I'll tell you after the Nintendo Direct..........

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SCRAPPER392

I think Nintendo will get more 3rd party support. Ubisoft may have had some bad instances, but they'll be there is they can. I think Watch_Dogs being delayed has in part to do with needing more time to make the game better for Wii U, so I'm not disappointed. EA and Crytek have their newest engines running on Wii U, as well. Now it's just a matter of time and reason to have good 3rd party support, IMO.

Star Wars Battlefront can run on Wii U, so hopefully they see that as an opportunity to expand their audience.

Also, 3rd parties supported Xbox One and PS4 with 8th gen titles, with no sales, so I think the install base that Nintendo has racked up, might mean more than people think it does.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

HiphopGeek

Will be awesome. Like a phoniex it rise from the smoke. Can't wait.

HiphopGeek

CaPPa

There could be a few titles if Nintendo do some deals, either with 3rd party exclusives (like Sonic Boom) or games with Nintendo characters (like Hyrule Warriors). I doubt that there'll be much else though (other than indies).

CaPPa

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.