Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Showing 461 to 480 of 576

AuthorMessage

skywake

461. Posted:

@Discostew
I missed the boat a bit but I think you've gone a bit more off the track than I did. The GPGPU is not a different kind of GPU, it's the same as any other GPU. Apparently Nintendo expect people to write code to run on it rather than the CPU although where people got that from I don't know. There's no difference in the way the hardware works it's just in how they've put it together.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

skywake

462. Posted:

For Australian peoples, Kmart has a pretty awesome price on the Wii U. RRP is, as you know, $350AU for basic and $430AU for the premium. None of the stores before now have moved more than $2 lower than that price..... Kmart are advertising for $299AU and $379AU. Even if you have a pre-order somewhere else or are unlikely to get it at KMart for whatever reason it's probably worth printing that out and seeing if you can get a price match.

source: http://upload.ozbargain.com/2012/11/25/9923_001.jpg

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

BenAV

463. Posted:

@skywake Oh wow, that's pretty crazy.
I'll have to investigate a bit more tomorrow because saving $50 would be pretty sweet.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

mudjo

464. Posted:

That's great!

Although I have never truly strutted KMart. I've always considered it and Target rather... boganic.

This is a signature.
I mentioned signatures, which makes this a meta-signature,
A meta-signature mentioning meta-signatures is a meta-meta-signature.
Hence, this signature is infinitely meta. Does Meta-Knight have a self-awareness of his own name?

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8084-2308

AuthorMessage

Schprocket

465. Posted:

That is a word that only a dinkum Aussie would appreciate, mudjo, 'boganic' - brings to mind flannos, DBs, teenage Mums, and toddlers with mullets... :)

Meanwhile, back on topic, as I paid off my Wii U pre-order last week, the guy in EB in Perth said that if I found a better price, bring in the proof on pick-up day and they would price match ;)

NOW'S THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN Wii U DANCE!!!

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

AuthorMessage

skywake

466. Posted:

The bogan in KMart/Target/BigW is relative and varies depending on the suburb. Some places get the CUBs, others get the deros, others don't get much at all. Then again you're more likely to find CUBs at IKEA or Bunnings than the shops.

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

467. Posted:

I went to london today and while I was there I decided to look for GAME in the hopes to try out a Wii U for the first time. When I found one all alone in the back it wasn't even switched on they had turned it off for a skylanders demonstration. I held the game pad in my hand but to be honest as it was weignted down with a big cable to avoid being stolen I couldn't get a proper feel of it.
I became a bit disheartend to be honest that its only 5 days away from launch in the U.K and theres no adverts on TV and no real buzz for Nintendo's next big system. A young girl even said ''can we get this add on for our wii mum'' not realising it was a new system.
Its got me wondering about the future of Nintendo in the U.K I went to the heart of London for 9 hours and only got 2 street passes on my 3DS as well.
It hasn't changed my mind of buying but made me think....

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

468. Posted:

Got Zombie U the other day and for 30$ new :) (thank you old games that I never played anymore) And I'm loving it. The challenge is intense! :O Already on my 5th survivor.

And My Family is loving the Wii U, I even found a game that my dad (who never cared for games before) loves to play. I think that the Wii U is a more successful family device than the Wii was... at least for my family ;)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

469. Posted:

Ok so question about the Wii to Wii U transfer deal. Is it alright if my SD card has VC games on it when I do the transfer? I know you'll have to redownload anything that isn't on the actual Wii menu but should my SD card be clear before transfering?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

470. Posted:

Who else loves Miiverse? :)

I have spent hours on it alone. It is addictive! The functionality and ease of use is excellent. :D

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

471. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

Ok so question about the Wii to Wii U transfer deal. Is it alright if my SD card has VC games on it when I do the transfer? I know you'll have to redownload anything that isn't on the actual Wii menu but should my SD card be clear before transfering?

No, I did it with 6 channels of games on it and they all transfered fine. They WILL show up on the SD card menu... But you can't play them until you delete and re download.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

472. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk
Alright, thanks. The transfer doesn't seem to take long either which is a pretty good thing.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Discostew

473. Posted:

skywake wrote:

@Discostew
I missed the boat a bit but I think you've gone a bit more off the track than I did. The GPGPU is not a different kind of GPU, it's the same as any other GPU. Apparently Nintendo expect people to write code to run on it rather than the CPU although where people got that from I don't know. There's no difference in the way the hardware works it's just in how they've put it together.

And I think you're mistaking a GPGPU's capability with programmable shaders that have existed in GPUs for quite some time. They aren't the same thing, though general purpose computing on GPUs did come about because of programmable shaders.

http://igoro.com/archive/how-gpu-came-to-be-used-for-general-...

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

skywake

474. Posted:

@Discostew
It's not a different kind of GPU it's the process of writing software to run on a GPU instead of the CPU. I'd like to know where your source is that Nintendo are forcing developers to program in that way rather than the same way they still can and always have.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

475. Posted:

Am I not the only one who's been having problems with Miiverse and Nintendo Network in general, like all week?

Somedays it works, somedays it doesn't. It's obviously a launch server issue that will be sorted out soon. I can't help but want to double check that I'm not the only one experiencing this though.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

skywake

476. Posted:

JBs have copied KMart and dropped their prices... although the premium is $399AU not $379AU so probably still worth trying to get them to price match. Ontop of that they have ten games they're selling for $40AU when you buy your Wii U.

• 30 Family Games
  • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
  • Marvel: Avengers
  • Ben 10: Omniverse
  • FIFA13
  • Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Just Dance 4
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Sports Connection

Not sure if I'll get any of them because I wasn't really interested in them at all... but for some it might be a very good deal given other stores are charging $59AU+ for them. Worth keeping in mind esp if, like me, you've got a pre-order at JBs anyway.

source: http://www.vooks.net/jb-hi-fi-holding-wii-u-midnight-launches...

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

Pogocoop

477. Posted:

WaluigiBag wrote:

Who else loves Miiverse? :)

I have spent hours on it alone. It is addictive! The functionality and ease of use is excellent. :D

I absolutly do aswell
It's the only social network-esque thing I have ever enjoyed, handsdown. I love seeing everyones artwork and such, Also, The Funky barn community is hilarious.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

478. Posted:

I just got my Wii U today :D
Doing the system update now, then I'll dive into Miiverse and Nintendo Land. The Gamepad is super comfortable and the screen looks great!

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

479. Posted:

Wish I had a Wii U right now.

I PRAY FOR MIIVERSE 3DS!

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

Dragonfly224

480. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

I just got my Wii U today :D
Doing the system update now, then I'll dive into Miiverse and Nintendo Land. The Gamepad is super comfortable and the screen looks great!

Congrats! BTW does anyone have BO2? I need some people to play with...when I play with randoms they do silly things xD

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel
Gamertag: Dragonfly224
Playstation Network ID: Tonbo224

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224