Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Showing 441 to 460 of 576

AuthorMessage

skywake

441. Posted:

@PoshSnivy
The difference is that when the 3DS was failing the Vita was on the horizon and it looked as though it might be an interesting change in what company dominated the portable space. Whether it was Apple or Sony it looked like if Nintendo didn't work it's stuff out it wasn't going to be Nintendo. Then they cut the price and launched OoT3D, Mario Kart 7 and 3D Land and it turned around overnight.

With the Vita? There's no story. Sony has lost and there's nothing interesting to say about it. The Vita will probably be brushed under the carpet like the Virtual Boy. There's nothing they really need to say about it... is there? Do you really want to read long articles about what Sony did wrong? I don't... personally I don't care.

edit: if you want to see "IGN bias" look at their video comparing Sony's "Smash Clone" with Smash Bros.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

442. Posted:

Thank You @PoshSnivy, you at least tried to make sense of what I was saying. I agree with what he said too, when the 3DS was suffering from launch issues, IGN was very biased towards Nintendo and started criticizing them for having no games and saying the Vita was gonna be the awesome new tech and you know where that's gone.
The point I was trying to make @skywake, was what @PoshSnivy is saying. Ign doesn't hate on the Kinect, Vita or Move, but everyone loves to hate Nintendo for some unfathomable reason, even though now we have a 3D handheld that's successful and now a HD Nintendo system that's just starting out.

Anyway can we move this discussion to a more positive state and get back to the actual launch discussion?

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

443. Posted:

1 week till it launches here! Can't wait!!

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: SuperJoon | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage

MAB

444. Posted:

Nintendo isn't even trying with the 3DS also 3rd party support is starting to dry up and the VITA is still getting smashed into oblivion :P

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

445. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

AgitoXth wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

anyone know when the next wii u stock is suppose to happen? i thought was suppose to be this week for black friday :(

Try going instore as early as possible? It is Black Friday after all, retailer would be crazy not to stock up on such a day. Good luck =]

I dont know about the Kmarts in your area (if they have Kmarts where you are sorry not sure if they have them outside of the US) but the electronics guy at my local Kmart said that on Launch day they were only releasing ones that people reserved and any extras they were saving for Black Friday. They did this by telling people who didnt have a reservation that they only had enough for the reservations thus saving the rest of the stock for Black Friday. He claimed that it was corporate orders but I am not sure if thats true or not. Still if I was wanting a Wii U and after hearing that I would check out my Kmart on Black Friday.

hmm k weird enough i did pass by a kmart that day of release and i happen to ask and got the same reply :o but im not sure about that store its worse then walmart they rly dont have a gaming section they didnt even have any recent games there o_o

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

446. Posted:

Only 7 days to go here :)

I hope everyone who has already gotten one is happy with the purchase.

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

447. Posted:

skywake wrote:

@PoshSnivy
The difference is that when the 3DS was failing the Vita was on the horizon and it looked as though it might be an interesting change in what company dominated the portable space. Whether it was Apple or Sony it looked like if Nintendo didn't work it's stuff out it wasn't going to be Nintendo. Then they cut the price and launched OoT3D, Mario Kart 7 and 3D Land and it turned around overnight.

With the Vita? There's no story. Sony has lost and there's nothing interesting to say about it. The Vita will probably be brushed under the carpet like the Virtual Boy. There's nothing they really need to say about it... is there? Do you really want to read long articles about what Sony did wrong? I don't... personally I don't care.

edit: if you want to see "IGN bias" look at their video comparing Sony's "Smash Clone" with Smash Bros.

I guess that's fair reasoning...

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

skywake

448. Posted:

7 days! :)

@RetroGBHippie92
I'm fairly sure they do complain about crappy Kinect games and the Move/Vita are hardly worth talking about at all. Maybe we should criticise them for not spending enough time criticising the Go and NGage. Nintendo messed up the 3DS launch and the Wii U has some problems at its launch. It's not rocket science.

AuthorMessage

Super-Mario-Fan

449. Posted:

Guess what? I got a Wii U :) My family went to the mall for black friday and I went to gamestop. I asked if they had Wii U's aand they did. In fact,they had like 6 Deluxe packs. So I got my Deluxe Wii U today :) I played Nintendo Land and I love it!

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

450. Posted:

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

Guess what? I got a Wii U :) My family went to the mall for black friday and I went to gamestop. I asked if they had Wii U's aand they did. In fact,they had like 6 Deluxe packs. So I got my Deluxe Wii U today :) I played Nintendo Land and I love it!

Congratulations! A winner is you! :D

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

451. Posted:

I purchased my Wii U Deluxe Set on Launch day at Best Buy (I reserved it). An employee told me that I am lucky because I had been only one of 4 people to have a reservation because they only allowed them for a limited amount of time (I paid a $5 deposit in September). :D

I love Wii U! I'm having a blast! New Super Mario Bros. is so much fun! Nintendo Land is a lot of fun, too! I love the Wii U GamePad, and Miiverse is amazing! :D

Edited on by WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

undertaken316

452. Posted:

Guys I've had my doubts about the design of the Wii U and how it'll fit my gaming room with the other consoles but it stands out. These Glossy and sturdy plastic materials give it a unique and premium look. Just like it's pointed out in this video.
http://youtu.be/HB7arUmfe64

undertaken316

AuthorMessage

MAB

453. Posted:

Why do you keep showing this? :P

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

undertaken316

454. Posted:

Because I found something that expresses better my post ;)

undertaken316

AuthorMessage

Henmii

455. Posted:

A quick browse on the internet showed me what I was already fearing: Some shops in Holland are totally ripping us off!
For example, some shops ask 63 Euro's for a single game while it should be 60! I saw even a shop that sold certain games for 70 (!!) Euro's!!

And then the console itself: I saw a basic bundle for 279, and a premium for 326. Those are nice prices, and there is the potential that it will go down a bit next year! But I also saw shops that sell the basic bundle at 313 (!!) and the premium at 365 (!!). It seems many shops still don't want to realize that it is crisis, and that nobody wants to pay this much (with the exception during christmas time)! As for the game-prices: We will get a 3DS situation: In Europe the 3DS games stay on the shelf because the people think they are to expensive! The shops have learned nothing!!

Well, at least I know now wich shops I have to avoid console wise. But it's trickier with games, since I can't take the train all the time to get those games. And in my area there is not much choice!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

456. Posted:

I'm curious as I didn't think this was getting released as the cpu is crap (or was that another game)

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/20429729/0/Metro-Last-Light/...

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Raiko

457. Posted:

It's an old listing. A video was shown at E3 when the Wii U was first announced, showing off Metro Last Light, but the developers changed their minds about it a few months later.

Raiko

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

458. Posted:

PinkSpider wrote:

I'm curious as I didn't think this was getting released as the cpu is crap (or was that another game)

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/20429729/0/Metro-Last-Light/...

The CPU isn't crap, the reason these devs aren't supporting the Wii U is because Nintendo wants all devs to code for the GPGPU and leave the CPU of the Wii U out for other features of the game. This means fast loading times and better graphics, unfortunately devs have been coding for the CPU for other consoles for the last 6 years and are unfamiliar with this new processing unit.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

skywake

459. Posted:

@RetroGBHippie92
There would be no difference in hardware between the Wii U with its system-on-a-chip setup and separate GPU/CPU in terms of programming. The difference is in difficulty to manufacture (which means lower yields and therefore higher prices) and reduced power consumption. So they can make something more powerful that requires less cooling and is less likely to overheat. Nothing to do with the programming side of it.

AMD have an APU which they build and it's the same thing. They put a low-ish end GPU on the chip along with the CPU. Intel does similar and puts a GPU into their CPU these days but it's not as powerful as AMDs in terms of onboard graphics and probably isn't as comparable to what Nintendo is doing. Actually it's a bigger trend in general because all of the desktop/mobile CPUs these days have integrated memory controllers and all sorts. Gone are the days of a CPU just being a CPU.

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

Discostew

460. Posted:

@skywake

Except the Wii U's SoC is not just a CPU+GPU like the PS3 and XBox 360 have under their hoods, nor are AMD's APUs and Intel's SoCs that same way. They all contain a CPU+GPGPU, where the GPGPU is more than just a GPU, and has to be programmed separately from the CPU to take advantage of it.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew