Forums

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Posts 161 to 180 of 561

Adam

DarkNinja9 wrote:

im thinking of what my nintendoID will be o: has everyone thought of one or are they using the same username as here?

I am going to guess mine has already been taken... Maybe I will try Weird Adam for laughs.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

e-love

Speaking of Nintendo Network ID's, is your username permanent? I hoped we could change it every once in a while.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Prof_Clayton

So Nin. Network ID is turning out similar to a GamerTag?
Hope you enjoy your WiiU's!

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Burning_Spear

skywake wrote:

That's gotta be the worst review of the system I've seen.

What is his problem with the button layout? It's the same as all of the other Nintendo consoles and handhelds.

Edited on by Burning_Spear

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

akabenjy

Sony_70 wrote:

Hardware reviews

Theverge

How can you legitimately review a console without using ANY of it's online features, particularly Miiverse, which is one of the biggest draw cards of the Wii U?

akabenjy

skywake

Burning_Spear wrote:

skywake wrote:

What is his problem with the button layout? It's the same as all of the other Nintendo consoles and handhelds.

Or saying it's huge, being told "look at the TV" and "look at the gamepad" means it's not clear what you're supposed to look at, that Nintendo Land has too much game variety......

Very strange, one of those other sites reviewed it and on their written review actually gave it a lower score. But at least their criticisms seemed reasonable. This guy seemed like he just had a bone to pick and was comming up with all sorts of nonsense. Complain about the glossy finish or the lack of a killer first party titles sure, complain about how slow the pages seems to take to load.... but a minigame collection having too much variety? The A button being where the A button always is for Nintendo systems? facepalm

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Jonisme

skywake wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Hardware reviews

Theverge

Actually Polygon.com (an awesome website btw) gave it a 6.5, but they also stated that their review will evolve as the Wii U evolves.

Edited on by Jonisme

Jonisme

Nintendo Network ID: SnapDemon

6ch6ris6

you guys i have nothing to do today so i ask myself "is there some kind of stream for the wiiU launch in new york where that triforce johnson guy is waiting?" always funny to see that.
so there is there a stream? or any other launch event i can watch?

btw that review from "verge" was insanely stupid. like the reviewer is too stupid to play the games xD

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

TsunamiSensei

Leaving now to pick up my Wii U

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

3DS_excel

skywake wrote:

Burning_Spear wrote:

skywake wrote:

The A button being where the A button always is for Nintendo systems? facepalm

The one about the A button made me laugh. I don't know what else the reviewer expected at this stage, some of the criticisms were a little strange to say the least.

Mr Money In the Bank!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2208-5483

skywake

Jonisme wrote:

Actually Polygon.com (an awesome website btw) gave it a 6.5, but they also stated that their review will evolve as the Wii U evolves.

The difference is their criticisms were fair and reasonable. That it's more complicated than the Wii, that the storage is too small for the price, the battery live on the gamepad is too short, the touch screen is not as good as an iPads, that there isn't much that hasn't been seen before and that they remain sceptical of long term third party support. They then said that while the online features weren't up when they wrote it that they weren't holding their breath given Nintendo's track record. Conclusion being they weren't sure how it would hold up in the long run compared to Sony/MS' next big thing.

The Verge complained a lot but not about these things. Infact they complained about a lot of things Polygon thought were its strengths. Review content matters more than the score.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

teus

akabenjy wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Hardware reviews

Theverge

How can you legitimately review a console without using ANY of it's online features, particularly Miiverse, which is one of the biggest draw cards of the Wii U?

yea, i like the reviews that does take note what isnt there yet and promises to revisit it when all the features are there

NintendoID: Lazymutant

SilverLightning

watching videos of people setting up there wii u's and us europeans have to wait till the 30th it makes me sooooo mad, you lucky americans (shakes fist in the air) now i will rock back and forth until it comes

im SilverLightning i was @BlueLightning i changed my name, i was born in a barn in ohio i was put in prison. 19 years later andy dufresne escaped shawshank prison.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3094-8702 | Nintendo Network ID: SilverLightning

improvius

Rochester, NY: I showed up at a local Target (Penfield, NY) at 7:40. There was only one person waiting outside, so I figured I was in great shape to get one when they opened at 8:00. A couple of others showed up, and we chatted a bit while waiting. At 8:00 we were let in, and the small bunch of us headed towards the electronics section like a miniature parade. We found someone marking prices on other video game merchandise, but when we asked him about the Wii U he didn't seem to know what we were talking about. (Not a good sign, I thought.) He called someone higher up on the Target food chain to find out what was going on, then promptly disappeared.

Soon, though, someone else showed up and asked us if we were here for the Wii U. (Success!) Then he asked us if we had our RESERVATION TICKETS. Our eyes all widened. None of us had one, nor did we know that they even existed. But we knew exactly what that meant as soon as he said it. We were screwed. He offered to check to see if any of today's units hadn't been claimed, but he didn't sound hopeful. Sure enough, after a few minutes he came back and told us there were none available.

A few of us stayed to complain, but I started walking out to the parking lot immediately. I knew this avenue was closed. I pulled out my phone and frantically started looking up local retailers. One local Walmart was 24-hours, so I called them on a long shot. They had none in stock. I called another Walmart a little farther away that been open since 7:00, and they had ONE Deluxe kit and 8 Basic ones. I headed there immediately. Fortunately, nobody else got there ahead of me, and I secured the last Deluxe. Hooray!

My question. though, is how does Nintendo feel about retailers doing this "reservation ticket" business? It seems a little shady, and certainly put a damper on my Launch Day experience. Pre-orders are one thing, but pre-selling your incoming stock seems quite another. Is it worth it for me to complain to Nintendo and/or Target? I felt especially bad for the first person in line there, who had been waiting in the cold for almost 2 hours. I hope he manages to secure the Deluxe set he's looking for today.

Happy hunting out there!

Edited on by improvius

improvius

akabenjy

SilverLightning wrote:

watching videos of people setting up there wii u's and us europeans have to wait till the 30th it makes me sooooo mad, you lucky americans (shakes fist in the air) now i will rock back and forth until it comes

I'm Australian. I know how you feel. Just think about the poor Japanese.

akabenjy

Wildvine53

@Improvious Target's Reservation tickets are how they do pre-orders, it sucks they they only got enough units to cover preorders, but that's just the way it works some times.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Nintendaholic

The update for the wii u is so long, been waiting for about 30 minutes and its still not done!

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

TheDreamingHawk

improvius wrote:

Rochester, NY: I showed up at a local Target (Penfield, NY) at 7:40. There was only one person waiting outside, so I figured I was in great shape to get one when they opened at 8:00. A couple of others showed up, and we chatted a bit while waiting. At 8:00 we were let in, and the small bunch of us headed towards the electronics section like a miniature parade. We found someone marking prices on other video game merchandise, but when we asked him about the Wii U he didn't seem to know what we were talking about. (Not a good sign, I thought.) He called someone higher up on the Target food chain to find out what was going on, then promptly disappeared.

Soon, though, someone else showed up and asked us if we were here for the Wii U. (Success!) Then he asked us if we had our RESERVATION TICKETS. Our eyes all widened. None of us had one, nor did we know that they even existed. But we knew exactly what that meant as soon as he said it. We were screwed. He offered to check to see if any of today's units hadn't been claimed, but he didn't sound hopeful. Sure enough, after a few minutes he came back and told us there were none available.

A few of us stayed to complain, but I started walking out to the parking lot immediately. I knew this avenue was closed. I pulled out my phone and frantically started looking up local retailers. One local Walmart was 24-hours, so I called them on a long shot. They had none in stock. I called another Walmart a little farther away that been open since 7:00, and they had ONE Deluxe kit and 8 Basic ones. I headed there immediately. Fortunately, nobody else got there ahead of me, and I secured the last Deluxe. Hooray!

My question. though, is how does Nintendo feel about retailers doing this "reservation ticket" business? It seems a little shady, and certainly put a damper on my Launch Day experience. Pre-orders are one thing, but pre-selling your incoming stock seems quite another. Is it worth it for me to complain to Nintendo and/or Target? I felt especially bad for the first person in line there, who had been waiting in the cold for almost 2 hours. I hope he manages to secure the Deluxe set he's looking for today.

Happy hunting out there!

I have a reservation ticket, but I broke it in half due to the line in the middle. I'm scared it'll be voided.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.