Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 461 to 480 of 582

Azooooz

@Ralizah: True, but the reason people bought a new console like PS4 is to play brand new games, not a 3-4 years old remastered games. Heck, even Ratchet and Clank 1, a PS2 game, is going to be remastered for it.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

kyuubikid213

@Ralizah: I don't have an issue with remasters. I bought both Ocarina of Time 3D and Wind Waker HD.

I have an issue with remasters of games that literally came out last year. The PS4 and One have remasters for The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Grand Theft Auto V. If these were remakes of games that came out at the start of the 7th generation, I'd be cool with that. If these were remakes of games that came out on the PS2, PS1, or earlier, I'd be cool with that. But these are "remasters" of new games. It's mind boggling. Something that wouldn't happen if backwards compatibility existed. (Notice that we don't have Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition or Skyward Sword Remastered).

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Ralizah

@Azooooz: New games take time to create. In the mean time, remastered games can help fill the void left by a console released without any killer apps and with no backward compatibility. Not releasing remasters is not going to speed up development time on new games. If people are really that impatient for quality software on a new platform, then they should wait for a year or two to get it.

@kyuubikid213: Xenoblade and Skyward Sword can be played on a Wii U. I can't say the same for something like The Last of Us, Journey, or Uncharted 1 - 3. If you've never owned a PS3, then remasters are a great way to experience those.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kyuubikid213

@Ralizah: Again, I don't have a problem with remasters, it just annoys me that these are remasters of games that came out several months to a year before the PS4 and One launched. Why not just include backwards compatibility for the previous system? The argument that it couldn't be done has been proven false thanks to Microsoft's E3...

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

Ralizah

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@Ralizah: Again, I don't have a problem with remasters, it just annoys me that these are remasters of games that came out several months to a year before the PS4 and One launched. Why not just include backwards compatibility for the previous system? The argument that it couldn't be done has been proven false thanks to Microsoft's E3...

Same reason they won't put PSOne and PS2 classics on the PS4: they want to push their PSNow service.

Edited on by Ralizah

UGXwolf

@Ralizah: In other words, they're ripping people off. Shamelessly, I might add. And what's worse is they're being praised for it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Ralizah

@UGXwolf: No, they're not ripping people off, they're replacing one method of providing older content with another that they probably feel is more profitable. I don't like it, and I probably won't support it, but they're not doing anything wrong, per say.

I will admit that the prices are still a bit of a rip-off, though. You can get a pricey subscription, but that doesn't even make most of the games available.

Who is praising Sony for PSNow, though? Granted, the reaction to it is less icy than it used to be, but people aren't raving about it, to my knowledge.

DefHalan

Ralizah wrote:

No, they're not ripping people off, they're replacing one method of providing older content with another that they probably feel is more profitable. I don't like it, and I probably won't support it, but they're not doing anything wrong, per say.

I will admit that the prices are still a bit of a rip-off, though. You can get a pricey subscription, but that doesn't even make most of the games available.

Who is praising Sony for PSNow, though? Granted, the reaction to it is less icy than it used to be, but people aren't raving about it, to my knowledge.

Well i have a friend that raves about it. He claims it is more "future proof" than what Microsoft is doing. While that might be true, it doesn't make it a better experience, but it is pointless to argue with him about it lol

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Ralizah

DefHalan wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

No, they're not ripping people off, they're replacing one method of providing older content with another that they probably feel is more profitable. I don't like it, and I probably won't support it, but they're not doing anything wrong, per say.

Well i have a friend that raves about it. He claims it is more "future proof" than what Microsoft is doing. While that might be true, it doesn't make it a better experience, but it is pointless to argue with him about it lol

I don't know, I feel like streaming video games requires especially good internet, and the internet infrastructure in many places in the United States just isn't up to the task yet. PSNow is miserable if your connection isn't pulling a solid 9 Mbps. Also, forget it if your connection has poor latency.

Edited on by Ralizah

UGXwolf

PSNow in and of itself doesn't really seem more rip-off-y than Virtual Console, aside from the price, except when it comes to PS3 games, which could TOTALLY be played by the PS4 if they'd just had that feature. I'm sure they saw that was a feature that would raise the price of the system and weren't willing to go through with it for the fact that sales wouldn't raise as much as they want, but I have always felt and still feel that backwards compatibility SHOULD be included in all modern consoles. At least to the previous generation.

As you said, not all of us owned every console. I didn't own a PS3, but the funny thing about that is that if anything, that just means I should go buy a PS3 instead of a PS4. Bigger library. Much cheaper. More exclusives. Without backwards compatibility, I'm considering it a far better option to just go buy the previous system than the new one.

And yes, I've heard people praise PSNow. That's not where my distaste for the PS4 stems from. All generation, it seems like Sony has been using Microsoft as a meat shield. Microsoft does something dumb and gets brutally flamed for it. Sony did the same dumb thing, but after watching it not work for Microsoft, they just deny that they did it and work to remove that problem before anyone calls them out on it. As such, the PS4 is viewed as a white knight when really, they were just smart enough to let Microsoft take the fall.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

rallydefault

@kyuubikid213 @DefHalan
Dear goodness people, you need to relax. Every mere mention of PS4/Xbox One sets you guys off like it's some attack against the Wii U.

I provided a list of good games for PS4/Xbox One...why did @DefHalan need to reply with a list for Wii U? I never even said anything about it not having a good list (uhm...I own one, you know that? right?)....totally bizarre.

And you, @kyuubikid213. I'm now fairly certain you are, in fact, just a kid. Because only a kid would type something like: "Bloodborne is the only real reason to buy a PS4" in all seriousness. You were being serious, right? Because that's scary. You know there are plenty of people out there who love PS4 for Killzone, right? And Infamous, right? Oh, and that little game called Little Big Planet. And their amazing offerings monthly on PS Plus (Ground Zeroes last month - excellent grab), right?

You DO realize these things, right? Your viewpoint is so narrow... but your thought process does help me understand the mindset of the modern gamer, so I thank you for that.

rallydefault

DefHalan

@rallydefault: Because that is what the conversation was about. The conversation was about there not being games worth purchasing on Wii U, and you posted a list of PS4/XB1 titles that were worth purchasing a system for, so I posted a list of Wii U games. I didn't do it to attack you, just to add to the conversation.

kyuubikid213

@rallydefault: First off, I don't have anything against the PS4 or One. If you'll look at my signature, I'm going to get a PS4 this fall.

And no, I'm not a kid. (I'm a squid). I'm 20, thank you very much. Personally, I feel that the only game worth dropping $400 on a new console for is Bloodborne because it's a game that both looks interesting and is unavailable to me on systems I already own. I'm not spending $350 to play the Halo games again. I already have Halo 3 and 4. I'm not spending all that money just to play them on a different system. I played Little Big Planet on PS3 and I didn't enjoy it. I won't spend $400 to get a game I don't like. I haven't heard many positive things about Ryse, so (for me) it's not worth the $350 investment... You see what I'm getting at? I don't have a lot of spare cash lying around, so I'm going to wait until there are games that I feel justify such a large purchase. As of right now, Bloodborne and Infamous Second Son are the only games I'd get if I had a PS4...and even then, I've had people tell me that Second Son is just alright.

I have an Xbox 360. A lot of games available on the PS4 and One (right now) are cross-gen releases. If I don't have to spend $400 to play a game, I won't. You say there are great offerings with PS Plus, but I'm also getting great offerings with Games with Gold on Xbox Live.

Before you say anything about me being anti-PS4 or One again, if the Wii U was just an HD Wii and had cross-system releases between the two, I'd likely still not have bought a Wii U now.

Please, don't attack me in your comments. I'm just trying to have a discussion.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

Bolt_Strike

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Does that also mean that the quality of the PS4 and One are diminished since they only just recently started getting games you couldn't buy on the 7th gen machines? Nearly every release for the first year of these consoles had "Remastered" or "Definitive Edition" in the title and the rest were just cross-gen releases...and the remasters wouldn't be a problem...except they were "remasters" of games that came out the previous year.

Yes it does. A next gen console needs to justify its existence with games that couldn't have been played on its predecessor. And not just in terms of graphics, I mean gameplay wise.

DefHalan wrote:

Bayonetta 1&2

I played a demo of Bayonetta 1. It was a boring hack and slash. Next.

DefHalan wrote:

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Rehash.

DefHalan wrote:

Hyrule Warriors

Another hack and slash game that I have no interest in.

DefHalan wrote:

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Rehash.

DefHalan wrote:

Mario Party 10
Pikmin 3

Don't like either of these genres.

DefHalan wrote:

Scam Kitty and his Buddy on rails

Indie game.

DefHalan wrote:

Super Mario 3D World

Rehash.

DefHalan wrote:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Rehash.

DefHalan wrote:

Swords & Soldiers

What?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kyuubikid213

@Bolt_Strike: I understand everyone has their own preferences, but...have you not played any game in the past 15 years? Or more...? Or do you only play indie games now...?

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

DefHalan

@Bolt_Strike: Well those are all your opinions (not sure how Swords & Soldiers and Scam Kitty being Indies has anything to do with this) but they are quality titles on the Wii U.

Octane

@kyuubikid213: Of course does he play games; Pokémon, the only original Nintendo franchise that isn't a rehash.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

MsJubilee

Octane wrote:

kyuubikid213: Of course does he plays games; Pokémon, the only original Nintendo franchise that isn't a rehash.

LMAO!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

kyuubikid213

TwilightAngel wrote:

Octane wrote:

kyuubikid213: Of course does he plays games; Pokémon, the only original Nintendo franchise that isn't a rehash.

LMAO!

Haha... Sorry, @Bolt_Strike. That is kind of funny.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

Bolt_Strike

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: I understand everyone has their own preferences, but...have you not played any game in the past 15 years? Or more...? Or do you only play indie games now...?

There's been several non-rehashes in the past 15 years, perhaps more so than there ever was. The collectathon Mario games were a good example of how to make a sequel that has meaningful changes over the last game. Each of the games in the Prime trilogy also felt distinct. It's only recently (about 2010ish) when things started to go sour, they ditched the themed gameplay and started making too many classic style 2D platformers that simply recycled an established formula.

DefHalan wrote:

not sure how Swords & Soldiers and Scam Kitty being Indies has anything to do with this

Indie games are smaller experiences, so they're not enough of an incentive to buy an entire console unless there's a lot of them. And I can get most of the ones I want on PC anyway.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.