Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 141 to 160 of 582

PaperMario64

Star Fox Zero - The game looked unfinished to me, if they don't improve it untill release I'm not getting that.
Skylanders Superchargers - No thanks
Zelda: Triforce Heroes - Looks fun.
Hyrule Warriors Legends - Cool, but we allready got this on Wii U.
Metroid Prime: Federation Force - I don't like this game, it looks like a 3DS eShop title. I was hoping for Metroid Prime for Wii U so this was a let down for me.
Fire Emblem Fates - Didn't we allready know about this?
SMTxFE - No thanks
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Awesome, but we allready knew about the game.
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - I'm sure it's a fun 3DS title.
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival - By the looks of it, it's just a Mario Pary rip-off. No thanks.
Yoshi's Woolly World - We allready knew about this.
Yokai Watch - No thanks
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - It looks promising, but I was expecting Paper Mario U so it was kind of a let down. It doesn't look like a traditional Paper Mario game so I'm not sure what to think of it yet.
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - Probably a fun game, but who actually asked for another Mario Tennis?
Super Mario Maker - Looks like fun, but I don't know if I want this. Besides we allready knew about this game too.

I'm not gonna say anything about amiibos. They can makes as many as they want, but without good games they are pretty much useless.

We got some interesting games for the 3DS, but nothing new on the Wii U.
It was a good direct, at least for the 3DS. As a E3 presentation, it sucked.

PaperMario64

Octane

Operative wrote:

Also, Osborne Effect. I didn't know there was a term for exactly what Nintendo did by even mentioning the NX. The second Reggie mentioned it in the Event, consumer confidence in the Wii U dropped even further than it was before.

I'm still baffled by that as well. I understand why Iwata mentioned the NX after their mobile announcement, but they're dropping the name ''NX'' on a regular basis now. I'm not sure what they want to accomplish by doing that.

Octane

Samurai_Goroh

Octane wrote:

Operative wrote:

Also, Osborne Effect. I didn't know there was a term for exactly what Nintendo did by even mentioning the NX. The second Reggie mentioned it in the Event, consumer confidence in the Wii U dropped even further than it was before.

I'm still baffled by that as well. I understand why Iwata mentioned the NX after their mobile announcement, but they're dropping the name ''NX'' on a regular basis now. I'm not sure what they want to accomplish by doing that.

I was just going to say Nintendo is "pulling a SEGA", but it seems Osborne Effect has that covered. They're just killing the Wii U with every mention of the name "NX".

Samurai_Goroh

KillScottKill

KryptoKrunch wrote:

KillScottKill wrote:

Pigeon wrote:

Despite the lacklusture lineup for the future, I'll be keeping my Wii U. I don't think the Xbox One or PS4 are likely to offer much more than the Wii U for quite some time.

Bloodborne alone crushes the entire Wii U's library under its Lovecraftian horror boot.

Speak for yourself, not everyone likes Bloodborne. Bloodborne does nothing for me so in my eyes, it doesn't crush anything.

Then your taste is bad. Bloodborne is one of - if not the best game in 10 years. Miyzaki himself has created better games the last six years than anyone else. Missing out on his stuff is missing out on a part of gaming history.

Saying Bloodborne isn't worth playing in gen 8 is like saying Link to the Past didn't matter to gen 4.

KillScottKill

Twitter:

NintendoFan64

KillScottKill wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

KillScottKill wrote:

Pigeon wrote:

Despite the lacklusture lineup for the future, I'll be keeping my Wii U. I don't think the Xbox One or PS4 are likely to offer much more than the Wii U for quite some time.

Bloodborne alone crushes the entire Wii U's library under its Lovecraftian horror boot.

Speak for yourself, not everyone likes Bloodborne. Bloodborne does nothing for me so in my eyes, it doesn't crush anything.

Then your taste is bad. Bloodborne is one of - if not the best game in 10 years. Miyzaki himself has created better games the last six years than anyone else. Missing out on his stuff is missing out on a part of gaming history.

Saying Bloodborne isn't worth playing in gen 8 is like saying Link to the Past didn't matter to gen 4.

So...he has bad taste just because he doesn't like Bloodborne? That was kinda rude.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Haru17

skywake wrote:

It's not the length of your comment, it's how you use it

skywake wrote:

Wow, you're not even trying anymore.

shaneoh wrote:

Did I stutter?

Yes, you stuttered like the people in Bioshock who have been messed about with by space and time do. Just enough so that you can tell that things are very, very wrong

Anyway, it's only natural for most of us to be a little disappointed. High standards are a trait of fandom, after all. Criticism is fair short of over-entitlement and, obviously, death threats.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dreamsleep

Some interesting discussions of NX on NeoGAF had me thinking about this. We often say NX is a home console, or handheld (whichever way you personally believe), but everything points to NX being the software. Remember, Iwata has said they want to emulate Apple, where the hardware doesn't matter, and is vast and varied. The software is the key, and runs on all platforms.

So, what if the WiiU is, in fact, the first NX capable machine. Imagine a massive OS overhaul next year to bring all of the past purchases, and saves, to the NX OS. Wii Shop, Virtual Console, and eShop, all combined into a massive catalog of games ready to go, Day One for NX. It would allow WiiU owners to utilize NX OS, and reward longtime Nintendo fans.

So, you would have different levels of NX capability, easily placed on a game, or console box in big numbers and letters, easily identifiable by consumers.

NX Level 1: WiiU
NX Level 2: The next-gen handheld
NX Level 3: The next-gen home console

On, and on....

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Azooooz

Dreamsleep wrote:

Some interesting discussions of NX on NeoGAF had me thinking about this. We often say NX is a home console, or handheld (whichever way you personally believe), but everything points to NX being the software. Remember, Iwata has said they want to emulate Apple, where the hardware doesn't matter, and is vast and varied. The software is the key, and runs on all platforms.

So, what if the WiiU is, in fact, the first NX capable machine. Imagine a massive OS overhaul next year to bring all of the past purchases, and saves, to the NX OS. Wii Shop, Virtual Console, and eShop, all combined into a massive catalog of games ready to go, Day One for NX. It would allow WiiU owners to utilize NX OS, and reward longtime Nintendo fans.

So, you would have different levels of NX capability, easily placed on a game, or console box in big numbers and letters, easily identifiable by consumers.

NX Level 3: The next gen home console

On, and on....

Come and think of it, Reggie did say that a transformation is on the way, and it could be Wii U's OS.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

-Green-

NintendoFan64 wrote:

KillScottKill wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

KillScottKill wrote:

Pigeon wrote:

So...he has bad taste just because he doesn't like Bloodborne? That was kinda rude.

Yeah. Exactly. Just because he doesn't agree with what you like doesn't mean he has bad taste, it just means he has different tastes than you.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

UGXwolf

@PaperMario64 I notice "should've been Wii U", "Not for me", and "we already knew about this" come up fairly often in that list. Not saying those aren't good reasons to be disappointed, but they mean next to nothing in terms of quality. As I said, the games revealed, expanded upon, or even just given another trailer almost all appear to be good games. The event was lacking in hype. Not quality. To you, that may make it bad. To others, that may make it fairly good. Some of us don't need hype. I would've appreciated it, but the announcements we DID receive were mostly good announcements.

@KillScottKill their taste isn't bad just because they disagree with. Dark Souls and Bloodborne are notorious for their difficulty, which while delicious to some, is way too spicy for others. From Software's latest games have been games just anyone can pick up and enjoy. Make no mistake that they have rather limited appeal in the majority of the gaming scene. It just si happens that the loudest group is also the one that this sort of game appeals to. Beyond that, From Software lacks polish a lot of the time. They put their focus into game and level design and it shows, but that doesn't impress some people.

@Haru17 You're right. Disappointment is fine. That's how you SHOULD take that event. It was disappointing to most of us. However, disappointment only goes so far. You shouldn't be disappointed Zelda U, the NX, F-Zero, and Metroid U weren't there because all of that was a given. We knew that wouldn't happen. If you thought it would, you've been deluding yourself. If you're disappointed because Paper Mario is coming to 3DS instead, Animal Crossing is only getting a spin-off party game for Wii U, or Star Fox Zero looks bad to you (I don't agree that it looks at all bad. Looked amazing to me, but whatever.) then sure. Thag disappointment is fair. Nintendo may not have implied thise, but they were fairly realistic expectations.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Azooooz wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

NX Level 3: The next gen home console

On, and on....

Come and think of it, Reggie did say that a transformation is on the way, and it could be Wii U's OS.

Not to mention, that would make the timing of NX's announcement and reveal fit perfectly. It was first announced, this year, and if they receal and explain it, next year at the Financial Briefing, that will explain why they only talked about stuff coming before then, for the most part at E3. It seems to fit extremely well that it's a software update to unify and connect all of Nintendo's capable systems. (For now, that's just the Wii U and 3DS.) and just a fun thing I noticed: NX. Nintendo X. Like OSx. Probably means nothing or is just a coincidence.

Further, I've been thinking. Why is it Amiibo Festival? Something about that reveal absolutely doesn't sit right with me. I just can't shake the feeling that it's a smaller part of a bigger game. I could be totally wrong, but I just can't shake this feeling. Maybe it's a side mode in the new Animal Crossing or a theme of a bigger Nintendo-based party board game that doesn't just concern Animal Crossing, but other IPs, as well. The name really just seems odd to me. What do you guys think?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Haru17

UGXwolf wrote:

@Haru17 You're right. Disappointment is fine. That's how you SHOULD take that event. It was disappointing to most of us. However, disappointment only goes so far. You shouldn't be disappointed Zelda U, the NX, F-Zero, and Metroid U weren't there because all of that was a given. We knew that wouldn't happen. If you thought it would, you've been deluding yourself. If you're disappointed because Paper Mario is coming to 3DS instead, Animal Crossing is only getting a spin-off party game for Wii U, or Star Fox Zero looks bad to you (I don't agree that it looks at all bad. Looked amazing to me, but whatever.) then sure. Thag disappointment is fair. Nintendo may not have implied thise, but they were fairly realistic expectations.

No one knew a damn thing about Metroid pre E3. You can only say you were sure it wouldn't be there with the benefit of hindsight. All we knew was that Retro had been quiet, was teasing on their twitter, and that NoA was doing the same teasing via pins and other paraphernalia for Metroid that they did for Majora's Mask 3D.

skywake

Haru17 wrote:

Anyway, it's only natural for most of us to be a little disappointed. High standards are a trait of fandom, after all. Criticism is fair short of over-entitlement and, obviously, death threats.

You realise that I was talking more about the degree of your reaction rather than your stance in general? It's one thing to say that you were disappointed in their showing and that would be fair enough. I think we'd all agree. It's entirely another to say that the Wii U has nothing to offer and we should all just sell our Wii Us if we have one and buy a small non-gaming laptop with that money because that'd be more useful. You're not even trying to show a balanced view on this anymore. You've gone into a full on celebration about the fact the Wii U had a bad E3.

So you can be that person if you want. But I'm just going to sit here and continue to enjoy the games that it does have. You can makes about games like Yoshi's Woolly World if you really think talking crap about that game gives you any credibility. Because frankly despite the deafening cries of doom the content already out and talked about for 2015? It's pretty damn solid. And I'd still argue that, even as someone who has a PC, the lineup on the Wii U still has more to offer than any other platform given my tastes. So every time you talk about how worthless it is it only just cements in my mind how deluded you are.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

We didn't know that Metroid wasn't being worked on, that was revealed the day after the Digital Event. Up until now we knew they were throwing around ideas and it seemed like Metroid would make a late Wii U entry, but sadly that turned out not to be the case. And frankly that's the biggest disappointment about this E3. Not that they're making a Federation spinoff, it looks pretty generic but I do share the sentiment that it could turn out to be good in the end. That Tanabe has all of these ideas for a great Wii U Metroid game that no one wants to do anything with. That alone made me lose nearly all of my respect for Nintendo.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

skywake wrote:

It's entirely another to say that the Wii U has nothing to offer and we should all just sell our Wii Us if we have one and buy a small non-gaming laptop with that money because that'd be more useful. You're not even trying to show a balanced view on this anymore. You've gone into a full on celebration about the fact the Wii U had a bad E3.

Lol, that was said in jest because the individual I was responding to didn't know who Stephen Colbert was, which seemed fairly silly. I never said anything about the Wii U being worthless or terrible. And that's good, too, because if I had around here it feels like someone would have taken a hit out on me 0_0

shaneoh

Haru17 wrote:

skywake wrote:

It's entirely another to say that the Wii U has nothing to offer and we should all just sell our Wii Us if we have one and buy a small non-gaming laptop with that money because that'd be more useful. You're not even trying to show a balanced view on this anymore. You've gone into a full on celebration about the fact the Wii U had a bad E3.

Lol, that was said in jest because the individual I was responding to didn't know who Stephen Colbert was, which seemed fairly silly.

It's silly to admit that there is something you don't know? I guess I'm a very silly person because there is quite a bit I don't know, and the stuff I do know I can't be certain of.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

skywake

Haru17 wrote:

Lol, that was said in jest because the individual I was responding to didn't know who Stephen Colbert was, which seemed fairly silly. I never said anything about the Wii U being worthless or terrible. And that's good, too, because if I had around here it feels like someone would have taken a hit out on me 0_0

Well I don't see how the two are connected so it only makes sense to assume that your bit about selling the Wii U was serious. Same as your crap about Yoshi's Woolly World and so on. As I said, it's one thing to say you don't think it's a worthwhile platform. It's a bit different to be dancing around acting like you've "won" something because a platform had an average showing at a trade show. Hence why I said you're not even trying anymore.

In regards to Colbert? Yeah, as an Australian who's into US politics? I agree that it seems a bit odd. But at the same time it's not that surprising. Thinking about it I'm not sure what legal options there are in Australia to watch The Colbert Report. Even if Comedy Central's site isn't region locked like it was last I checked I doubt an average Australian would have much of a chance to stumble across it. So an Australian not knowing who he is I guess does makes sense. It would be like me laughing at you if you happened to not know who Shaun Micallef was. The US isn't the centre of the universe.

Edited on by skywake

erv

I don't know who steven colbert is. But I googled and his picture came up.

So the NX will be called project steven colbert?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

skywake

erv wrote:

So the NX will be called project steven colbert?

I for one am ok with this suggestion

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.