Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 121 to 140 of 582

shaneoh

Haru17 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

Fixed that for you. No, no, don't thank me. I'm not a hero, just a man at his computer.

Wow, what amazing rhetorical technique. Are you one of the great writers, risen from the dead!?!

ONE of the great writers? I'm all of them risen anew into one great super writer. (but please, hold the applause).

Haru17 wrote:

Edit: Consider yourselves lucky this isn't about 20 Stephen Colbert gifs =P

I consider myself lucky to have a marvelous piece of hardware like the Wii U, with a plethora of games, and it is most certainly safe from the NX as it will be a handheld or a QoL product. Also the E3 presentation was quite good.

Also I have no idea who stephen colbert is, nor do I care.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Haru17

shaneoh wrote:

So is the Wii U like some sort of pop cultural black hole for you? Because I would recommend trading it in for a laptop, not even a gaming laptop, just something for browsing... Are you posting from the Wii U browser or something?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

shaneoh

Haru17 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

So is the Wii U like some sort of pop cultural black hole for you? Because I would recommend trading it in for a laptop, not even a gaming laptop, just something for browsing... Are you posting from the Wii U browser or something?

Nah I've got a gaming PC, but thanks for the concern, I know you're trying to look out for my interests, you're a good friend.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

skywake

Haru17 wrote:

Because I would recommend trading it in for a laptop, not even a gaming laptop, just something for browsing... Are you posting from the Wii U browser or something?

Wow, you're not even trying anymore.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haru17

skywake wrote:

I guess I'm not living up to the standards of this 6-word comment.

Pahvi wrote:

Seems like the Osborne effect is in action. For Wii U sales numbers, it's irrelevant whether the NX replaces Wii U or not, the thing that matters is what people think.

Well, yeah. Nintendo would have had to have been stupid to not expect that. It's just like announcing a sale in advance; no one is then going to buy that product until the say of the sale.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

PaperMario64

shaneoh wrote:

Also the E3 presentation was quite good.

Wait, what?!

PaperMario64

skywake

Haru17 wrote:

skywake wrote:

It's not the length of your comment, it's how you use it

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

PaperMario64

skywake wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

skywake wrote:

It's not the length of your comment, it's how you use it

Untitled

PaperMario64

KillScottKill

Pigeon wrote:

Despite the lacklusture lineup for the future, I'll be keeping my Wii U. I don't think the Xbox One or PS4 are likely to offer much more than the Wii U for quite some time.

Bloodborne alone crushes the entire Wii U's library under its Lovecraftian horror boot.

KillScottKill

Twitter:

GTWarrior77

Pahvi wrote:

Seems like the Osborne effect is in action. For Wii U sales numbers, it's irrelevant whether the NX replaces Wii U or not, the thing that matters is what people think.

Customer's perception is key. I am absolutely stunned that Nintendo is not coming forward and trying to put the customer's mind at ease. Especially since the Wii U was never a huge sales success from the start. They are far too quiet. And Iwata's "apology" and Reggie coming forward declaring it wasn't one, doesn't count.

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

KryptoniteKrunch

KillScottKill wrote:

Pigeon wrote:

Despite the lacklusture lineup for the future, I'll be keeping my Wii U. I don't think the Xbox One or PS4 are likely to offer much more than the Wii U for quite some time.

Bloodborne alone crushes the entire Wii U's library under its Lovecraftian horror boot.

Speak for yourself, not everyone likes Bloodborne. Bloodborne does nothing for me so in my eyes, it doesn't crush anything.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

rallydefault

I just want to say, to the serious and the snarky... just go play some games, fellas. I'm about to go run through The Stanley Parable. I held out on that one for a year lol.

rallydefault

PaperMario64

shaneoh wrote:

PaperMario64 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

Wait, what?!

Did I stutter?

Well I liked the first 3 minutes of the presentation, but to say what happened after was "quite good" is an insult to the term.

PaperMario64

UGXwolf

Reznor52 wrote:

I was crossing my fingers for a E3 loaded with wii u games that we didn't already now about. Ironically I had multiple discussions with my friends about how this E3 would dictate the wii us future but in a optimistic belief. I truly believed we'd seen a new metriod, full scale 3D Mario adventure game, paper Mario, a traditional animal crossing, F Zero or and a pokemon game aka pokken tournament. Now of the above happened and it's clear the NX will replace the wii u. I defended nintendo with love but I can't help but feel burned. This whole post I created was all for nothing.....

We got a new Metroid. I doubt you've had a chance to play it, though. The only people I've heard complaining about it is people who haven't played it. Seriously, let me ask you this: if the graphics were less artsy and more gritty, and Samus was the lead role, would you still hate this game? I somehow doubt it, and honestly, those are pretty shallow reasons to hate the game. Seriously. Wait for the game. give it a play. If you're apprehensive, that's fine, but don't let it ruin what could be a fun co-op FPS. Seriously, from what we were showed, there is no reason to be blindly hating on the game.

We also got a new Paper Mario, which also happens to be a new Mario and Luigi. Funny that! And it's also one of the most well-received games in their presentation, so I don't know what you're complaining about.

As for the rest of that stuff, MAN YOU WERE DELUSIONAL. What did Nintendo have to do for you to realize this E3 wasn't gonna have any of that stuff you were expecting? Wave a big flag that says "THIS E3 IS GONNA BE WEAK" outside your house when you wake up in the morning? They practically did. Notice how much stuff they said wasn't going to be at E3?

Seriously, take a look at your previous expectations. A new 3D Mario? Of course it wouldn't be ready, and that would completely undermine their efforts to sell other games. A new F-Zero? Miyamoto practically told you there wasn't going to be one, this generation! The only realistic expectations there were Pokken, which is still coming, they'll just announce it later, and a new Animal Crossing, which is also still coming, and again, it'll be announced later. Besides, Animal Crossing is an absolutely massive game with an absurd amount of content, and an emtire year-long calendar to fill. Do you have ANY idea how much tume that would take to develop, give the lack of realistic limits on the Wii U? It'll cone next year. Just chill.

And for that matter, this year has a lot to offer for next year. Notice all those spin-off titles? Nintendo is notirious for using those to hold fans over until the next big installment. Zelda is coming to Wii U. I'm still not sold that it'll cross with NX, as we stull have no clue what the NX even is. Metroid Prime will have a new game, which may already be in the works, as you might recall from Miyamoto bringing it up, early last year, and one of the devs practically confirming it, this year. Animal Crossing is definutely gonna happen, too. So quit your dramatics.

Besides, this year was pretty good to 3DS owners, as if you recall, before E3, we only knew of two or three games coming to the system. Now we have a fair bit to look forward to.

Also, don't act like the Wii U hasn't already given you quite a few good games. It makes you seem ungrateful. The Wii U doesn't suddenly not have Smash, Kart, or Splatoon just because you didn't get the Metroid, Mario, and F-Zero you wanted. Suck it up and realize your expectations were beyond unrealistic. Nintendo didn't mislead you. You misled yourself.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

PaperMario64 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

PaperMario64 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

Wait, what?!

Did I stutter?

Well I liked the first 3 minutes of the presentation, but to say what happened after was "quite good" is an insult to the term.

As I said before, their conference wasn't bad. It was lackluster, but by no means bad. I liked almost everything they showed off, this year, but the whole presentation just didn't have the hype factor, and just because it's the 30th Anniversary of Mario doesn't mean that we wanted to soend fifteen minutes talking about it. With that said, lets look at what they actually announced, hmm?

Star Fox Zero - Awesome
Skylanders Superchargers- looks cool, not a fan
Bowser and DK Skylanders that double as Amiibo - "to collect or not to collect..." Still looks really cool.
Zelda: Triforce Heroes - Looks fun. Gonna need to get my friends together for this one.
Hyrule Warriors Legends - Aww sweet! That pooks amazing! (Would've been better without the leaks, but still pretty awesome.
Metroid Prime: Federation Force - Not really an FPS guy, but after Splatoon, I'll give it a shot, sure. Seriously, though. No reason to think this will be a bad game.
Fire Emblem Fates - Looks amazing! May just have to be my first FE.
SMTxFE - Still need to see some gameplay to know if this is my jam or not. Looks good, but may not be for me.
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Looking good! Definitely can't wait to boot this game up in December!
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - looks super cute. I'm not an AC fan, but I know a few that were all rolling in their hype when this was show .
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival - Can't help but think there's going to be a lot more to this game than people think. Again, the sane AC fans from before seemed pretty happy with this.
Animal Crossing Amiibo - Just try and say you didn't see that coming.
Yoshi's Woolly World - Still looks like an amazing game. They probably could've just done a trailer and acheived the same hype, though.
Yokai Watch - Can't say this one grabs me. I know one person that's really i terested, though.
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - Easily one of the most hype announcements of the presentation. Fans of Mario RPGs should be bouncing off the walls from this alone.
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - Eh. Mario Sports isn't my thing, and this doesn't appear it's going to make me change my mind.
8-bit Mario Amiibo - Gonna need to nab that one, for sure
Super Mario Maker - Makes sense they'd end it with this. Still looks good, still getting it.
LetsSuperMario.com - Liked the video for this, can't say this was a strong way to end the event.

I don't see how this is a bad direct. It's pretty solid. Just not as hype as one might expect.

TuVictus

As a Nintendo direct, it would have been pretty good. But as an E3 presentation that we wait all year for? It wasn't bad, but it was just barely okay. The thing about E3 is, that's when you should be announcing most of your projects, even if they're not in the immediate future.

Also, Osborne Effect. I didn't know there was a term for exactly what Nintendo did by even mentioning the NX. The second Reggie mentioned it in the Event, consumer confidence in the Wii U dropped even further than it was before.

TuVictus

UGXwolf

Operative wrote:

As a Nintendo direct, it would have been pretty good. But as an E3 presentation that we wait all year for? It wasn't bad, but it was just barely okay. The thing about E3 is, that's when you should be announcing most of your projects, even if they're not in the immediate future.

Also, Osborne Effect. I didn't know there was a term for exactly what Nintendo did by even mentioning the NX. The second Reggie mentioned it in the Event, consumer confidence in the Wii U dropped even further than it was before.

Believe it or not, you just completely agreed with me. You're taking the negative side of the same view while I'm taking the positive. Bottom line is it was weak. Not bad. Just weak.

TuVictus

Well it's not like I was wanting to disagree, lol. Weak is a perfect way to describe it.

TuVictus

rallydefault

Pahvi wrote:

@rallydefault Run through it multiple times - it's worth it.

Yea, I just ran through a couple times. It's craziness lol

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.