Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U is offically the final name

Showing 61 to 77 of 77

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

61. Posted:

SuperSherbet wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Should be called my body is ready.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kinioka

62. Posted:

I am officially disappointed. It's the perfect name for a kids toy...ts.

Hallelujah.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

63. Posted:

Kinioka wrote:

I am officially disappointed. It's the perfect name for a kids toy...ts.

The "Xbox" and "Playstation" sound awfully like names for kids toys.
Oh wait, that's because they are. ALL OF THEM.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kinioka

64. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Kinioka wrote:

I am officially disappointed. It's the perfect name for a kids toy...ts.

The "Xbox" and "Playstation" sound awfully like names for kids toys.
Oh wait, that's because they are. ALL OF THEM.

At least we don't have paystaxion U and Paystaxion Wii. I'm talking about the sonority of the name.

Hallelujah.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

65. Posted:

...So pronouns are for children?

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

66. Posted:

What does the U even mean? That's my problem. It just sounds un-creative and tacked on. I don't know...

Edit : Just kidding, I know now. U n-creative :p

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

67. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

What does the U even mean? That's my problem. It just sounds un-creative and tacked on. I don't know...

It stands for YOU, the gamer.

Here's the reasoning behind the name at last years E3: WiiU

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

68. Posted:

*comes in, sees Kinioka posted
*imagines worst Possible scenario: "We might actually agree with something"
*Reads Kinioka's post
*agrees

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

69. Posted:

I'm so looking forward to the Wii U because I'm a hardcore gamer that knows how crappy the Wii is for hardcore games and that its only for casual gamers but the Wii U is going to have all these gritty, realistic hardcore games on it so it is going to be so much better!!!

That seems to be the definition of a hardcore gamer and harcore games anyway judging by the sort of things said in Wii U related articles and threads.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

70. Posted:

I'm fine with them keeping the Wii name. I just think Wii U sounds un-inspired. I guess the U part kind of makes sense because Wii was about bringing everyone together to play video games, and the U is for the player. I don't know, if people thought Wii sounded silly, Wii U sounds so much worse. I had no problem with Wii, but just saying "hey wanna play the Wii U?" Lol what.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CommanderAudio

71. Posted:

Ain't suprised. The Wii changed the gaming world forever, for better or for worse, and it changed Nintendo's fortunes completly after the Gamecube. Wii changed Nintendo. They know that. And they'll never be able to forget, but they don't want to, because it's the best thing to happen to them since Ocarina Of Time. How could you forget the Wii after all it did for you? So I knew this was coming. Will it make a difference? We'll have to see what happens at E3...

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

72. Posted:

I think this is why Nintendo is keeping the brand names from this passing generation to the next. The DS and the Wii both had huge success and became very well known from that. That's why they're continuing the legacy with 3DS and Wii U.

3DS is a lot more clever of a name that Wii U though, you have to admit.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

73. Posted:

@Emaan1

Exactly. Just like how they continued the NES brand and GameBoy brands.

Both being wildly successful unlike the GameCube and N64.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

paburrows

74. Posted:

I don't mind Wii U, I remember how everyone thought that Wii was the stupidest name ever when it was announced and it grew on people. I figure that Wii U will be the same.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Treverend

75. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

... And when the system doesn't sell because consumers don't believe it's a brand new game console, Nintendo'll have another situation like the 3DS launch on their hands. Anyone gonna wait for the inevitable price drop?

That's... not why at all. >_> It's because the 3DS has a lack of good games from the start, and the DS had TONS of iterations. DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL. No one confused the Game Boy Advance as just a slightly improved Game Boy Color. I wouldn't worry too much... Nintendo raped the DS branding which is what confused the average consumers, they couldn't keep up... but there's only been one Wii.

Proud black Wii U owner. :)
Favorite game series: The Legend of Zelda

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4692-4399 | Nintendo Network ID: Treverend

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

76. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

People sure do have a lot of time on their hands in here...

It's called Wii U. Fin

I see you commenting all the time, in fact I saw your profile and it says you commented 9 times on "pledge to cloudberry kingdom" article and there were some long comments.
Plus in the past 24 hours, you posted 24 comments (this does not count threads)

Wow, and you took the time to count all that. Well done!

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

77. Posted:

^ knock it off, you guys — this is the name, no sense arguing it anymore with anyone other than Nintendo.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

Sorry, this topic has been locked.