Forums

Topic: Wii U is better than people think

Posts 161 to 180 of 242

SuperLuigi111

@PCkid Yeah, but I don't like to. The cable is a hassle, and keeping anything plugged in for too long is not good for the battery.

SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

I found out a way to shut the gamepad off while using the Pro Controller. If anyone's interested in how, let me know. It's been great not having to worry about it anymore. Really starting to love my Wii U for what it is.

SuperLuigi111

1UP_MARIO

@SuperLuigi111 me. How

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

SuperLuigi111

@1UP_MARIO Turn the Wii U on using a non-gamepad controller, then immediately as the light comes on on the gamepad, hold down the power button to shut it off. The gamepad will stay off but the console will boot up as normal, as if the gamepad ran out of batteries or wasn't present.

So far, since doing this, the Gamepad doesn't try to turn on on subsequent boot-ups, so this is nice. Enjoy

SuperLuigi111

1UP_MARIO

@SuperLuigi111 I’ll try that if I get a chance. Thanks

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

desktop

I'm thinking of getting a Wii U to play BotW. I also have other Wii games which I can play on it, but does the Wii U play Gamecube games? I have some of those, too.

desktop

gcunit

@desktop You can, but you'll need to hack your Wii U first, and it can only play them from hard disk, not from the mini CD Roms the Gamecube used, but you can rip game images from your Gamecube discs on a PC.

Follow the Wii U guide here - https://hacks.guide

You can even inject your Wii & Gamecube games onto the Home screen of your Wii U and launch them as faux Virtual Console games.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Cobalt

@gcunit Aren't you afraid to give a link like this one here ?

Cobalt

gcunit

@Cobalt Yes, I am afraid. Very afraid. Please pray for me.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Cobalt

@gcunit Ya know, it was just a question... that's all.

I thought that hacking stuffs weren't allowed here...

Cobalt

desktop

I did but unfortunately I took it back because the left joy con was screwed up. Today however I ordered another one off Amazon along with the pro controller and breath of the wild.Hopefully this one doesn’t have a funky controller.

desktop

bluemage1989

@desktop the Switch is a great console with some great games but don't hesitate to pick up the WiiU if you see one at a good price. They make ideal virtual console machines and great for Wii games as well. There's some other games that for one reason or another will not make it to Switch such as Devils Third, Nanja Gaiden 3, Nintendo Land, Lego Star Wars, Mario and Sonic, ZombiU and many more a library worth playing if you ever find a WiiU cheap.

Surprisingly the WiiU still revieves a handful of new releases.

bluemage1989

Darknyht

@bluemage1989 It receives a handful, but let's not kid ourselves because the majority lately have been shovelware. There is still two quality indie eshop releases, an unnamed Wii U limited physical release, and the last DLC for Shovel Knight coming.

I don't disagree it is something worth picking up, especially now that the Wii shop is more or less closed for anyone without points. If you can find it at a decent price it is still possible to build a good library of Wii and Wii U games affordably with easy HDMI hookup at the moment (I've mostly finished purchasing the Wii U titles I want, and am now building out my Wii library). However, I am noticing that Wii U game prices are starting to creep up as most games only had a million or so in circulation worldwide to begin with.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

SuperLuigi111

gcunit wrote:

@Cobalt Yes, I am afraid. Very afraid. Please pray for me.

oh man XD thank you for this, I legitimately laughed out loud.

SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

@bluemage1989
I agree that they are great virtual console machines. It is best to buy a Wii U viewing it as a virtual console/Wii machine with a few good Wii U titles to play.

@Darknyht
New eshop and physical releases?? Can you please spill?!

SuperLuigi111

Darknyht

@SuperLuigi111 Limited Run Games posted that they had a physical release in their office, but nothing on it since then. Battle Princess Madelyn is due for the eShop and Shovel Knight DLC. I thought I saw another article on a second eShop game, but I am not finding it now.

Darknyht

bluemage1989

@Darknyht oh for sure there's not a lot of quality in those releases but i still think it's kinda cool were still seeing anything at all.

bluemage1989

Darknyht

@bluemage1989 It's nice that there is still something happening, but part of the Wii U's problem was that a large share of the eShop releases looked like poor quality home-brew games. It wouldn't be so bad if they at least had the polish of stuff like Blade Buster (NES), Pac-Man Collection (7800), uCity (GB), or some of Locomalito releases; but they feel more like a Mojon Twins release where it is a just the same half-baked game engine pushing slightly different sprites. In truth, I wouldn't rank it as even indie but amateur/enthusiast quality.

I love that people were able to pursue their passions, but the majority of those games would have been relegated to Xbox Live Indie Games Market on the 360 (and never seen the light of day on most other consoles). However, the few limited free ones I picked up from the eShop (Humanitarian Helicopter, The First Skunk Bundle and a few others) were terrible and barely worth the storage space.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

bluemage1989

@Darknyht I know what you mean I think the fanbase (myself included) and Nintendo were a little more forgiving with the standards for WiiU and did allow some developers to learn there trade a bit. It reminds me of the lower end of the Switch library if it's costing less than say £8 there's not a lot of quality there.

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic