Forums

Topic: wii u in 2015.

Posts 21 to 30 of 30

PrincessSugoi

rallydefault wrote:

ocelot20 wrote:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

why would 1st part games not sell on nintendo wii u.

Because the Wii U only has a small install base. Nintendo need to hope none Wii U owners buy a Wii U for Mario Kart ect. I honestly can't see many more 3rd party titles coming to the Wii U. Or at least AAA third party titles. Unless Nintendo sell a good few million between now and the end of the year. Which I hope it does. But I can't see it.

Do your research, my friend. Nintendo's first-party games on the Wii U have been selling extremely well. Many close to a million shortly after launch (Pikmin 3, Wind Waker), and a few more well over a million at this point (NSMBU, 3D World, Wii U Party). Nintendo's software sales on a whole keep going up and up, and the Wii U has an excellent attach rate when it comes to their software. Just take a few seconds to check out the facts.

Their titles this gen had have a pretty astonishing attach rate to be sure but because the install base is so small they're nowhere near reaching their full sales potential. We may not have to worry about whether 1st party titles sell to the current user base but there's still the problem of those titles selling to people that don't own a Wii U. Hopefully Smash and MK8 achieve this and maybe even woo some 3rd parties to give the system another shot as well.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

SCRAPPER392

@Tasuki
I know it's not a dis on Nintendo. That's still missing the point that 3rd party games are falling short on Nintendo and that's not anyone's fault besides 3rd parties, yet Nintendo and consumers are taking the blame.

The GamePad isn't hard to justify at all. They do need to provide more games and features that utilize it, effectively, but it shouldn't really be that hard of a concept to grasp in the first place.

3rd parties want Nintendo to hold their hand and Nintendo has their hands full.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

rbmoura85

SCAR392 wrote:

@Tasuki
I know it's not a dis on Nintendo. That's still missing the point that 3rd party games are falling short on Nintendo and that's not anyone's fault besides 3rd parties, yet Nintendo and consumers are taking the blame.

The GamePad isn't hard to justify at all. They do need to provide more games and features that utilize it, effectively, but it shouldn't really be that hard of a concept to grasp in the first place.

3rd parties want Nintendo to hold their hand and Nintendo has their hands full.

I dont think its anybodys fault...its just a fact that hardcore players who own a nintendo console, also own another console and most of the times prefer to play the prettiest version of the game, hence this games not selling as well in nintendo consoles as they do in other platforms...this hasnt started with the Wii U, the Wii had a tremendous install base and yet, third party hardcore games, even exclusive great games, did not very good on the console...Wii's Goldeney for example, SH: Shattered Memories,...even Metroid Prime 3 would not come close to the kinds of numbers that hardcore games were making in other consoles. How can anyone blame this companies for not wanting to waste their money and resources?

rbmoura85

supermario182

i honestly hate the way "hardcore gamer" is used nowadays. it's not really an actual way to classify someones taste in games. someone could be a hardcore wii sports player, and someone else could be a casual call of duty player, or whatever.

i do think 2015 will be a good year in general, and this years holiday season might be a good indicator to that.

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
my website
play my games and demos here!!

Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@rbmoura85
That wasn't even what I was saying. My point was that 3rd parties still don't know how to work on Nintendo's console, so quality and quantity suffer. Nintendo gets the bad press and reputation for it, but it actually doesn't have that much to do with how Nintendo is running their own business.

3rd parties make good games on Xbox One and PS4, but fail on Wii U, because they don't know how.

That's more of an indication of 3rd party effort and ability than Nintendo's. I'm not saying that 3rd parties are refusing to try, because they obviously have, but it hasn't stacked up to what they can provide elsewhere.

Xbox One and PS4 3rd party games meeting expectations, but not on Wii U, tells more about 3rd parties than anyone else involved.

I just think the industry is tripping up, anyway. Budgets are f***ed, and no one is really making anything that we can really call better than anything else. The graphics and player count are higher, but from a conceptual level, this s*** is old news.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

19Robb92

Screw 2015.

2014 look awesome.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

GuSolarFlare

that's how I see the WiiU in 2015
Untitled

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

rbmoura85

SCAR392 wrote:

@rbmoura85
That wasn't even what I was saying. My point was that 3rd parties still don't know how to work on Nintendo's console, so quality and quantity suffer. Nintendo gets the bad press and reputation for it, but it actually doesn't have that much to do with how Nintendo is running their own business.

3rd parties make good games on Xbox One and PS4, but fail on Wii U, because they don't know how.

That's more of an indication of 3rd party effort and ability than Nintendo's. I'm not saying that 3rd parties are refusing to try, because they obviously have, but it hasn't stacked up to what they can provide elsewhere.

Xbox One and PS4 3rd party games meeting expectations, but not on Wii U, tells more about 3rd parties than anyone else involved.

I just think the industry is tripping up, anyway. Budgets are f***ed, and no one is really making anything that we can really call better than anything else. The graphics and player count are higher, but from a conceptual level, this s*** is old news.

Ok, but i have given you examples of great third party games for the Wii, really well done, fun and interesting games that didnt do well...and thats the reason why these companies are hesitant about making big efforts on Wii U...it doesnt pays off most of the times.

Edited on by rbmoura85

rbmoura85

rbmoura85

supermario182 wrote:

i honestly hate the way "hardcore gamer" is used nowadays. it's not really an actual way to classify someones taste in games. someone could be a hardcore wii sports player, and someone else could be a casual call of duty player, or whatever.

i do think 2015 will be a good year in general, and this years holiday season might be a good indicator to that.

I just wanted to identifie a certain kind of mature oriented, non-casual type of game...so no one would think i was saying that no third party games did well on Wii...of course some did, but they where casual games, fitness games, singing games, etc, and im talking about action, adventure, shooting, gta-like, types of games...

rbmoura85

SCRAPPER392

@rbmoura85
Ya, but if they figure out how to port correctly, then the effort made on one console, is applied to others as well.

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.