Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U headsets (ó_ó)

Showing 21 to 33 of 33

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blizzaga

21. Posted:

I have a universal Turtle Beach PX21 that works for PS3, 360, and PC. How do I get it to work for the Wii U?

www.youtube.com/user/BlizzagaLantean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Schprocket

22. Posted:

I personally don't know of any USB headsets that work with the Wii U but what's the intent, regular game audio or just in-game chat?
If just regular game audio, plug it into a regular USB port and see what happens. USB is standard so it's down to whether the console's operating system will detect and use it.
If it's for in-game chat then that's going to be game-dependent as well.
I have a set of Tritons that I've yet to try as usb (which is for the in-game comms, game audio is separate) so if I have any joy, I'll post back.

NOW'S THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN Wii U DANCE!!!

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Schprocket

23. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Here's an easy solution for you:
Untitled

Where'd you get those from? Looks like a good affordable solution to me! :)

After trying various search terms I finally found them - PC headset to smartphone adapter.

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SK66OY/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_...

but for those of us in the Antipodes, eBay's probably the best bet.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PC-Headset-to-Smart-phone-Adapter-...

Just be sure that the male end is 3.5mm (standard pc audio port size) or else you might end up with the 2.5mm (some smart-phones and audio players).

[edit] just ordered two from eBay [/edit] ;)

Edited on by Schprocket

NOW'S THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN Wii U DANCE!!!

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

24. Posted:

Do I have to get a headset? I thought you could just use the mic on the GamePad...

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Schprocket

25. Posted:

I think it's game dependant, Kid... I prefer using a headset so the missus only hears me yelling :)

NOW'S THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN Wii U DANCE!!!

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

26. Posted:

I saw some at target today and was really impressed. There are some legit Nintendo Licensed headsets. Very Nice Nintendo very nice!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

riverfr0zen

27. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya. They have a 7.1 surround sound headset for PS3, that's bluetooth. I don't see why Wii U couldn't have one. No one has seriouslt seen a 7.1 surround sound WIRED headset at least? They have headsets out the a** at Best Buy, even going up to $300 in price for those little s***s

Um, first of all, the PS 7.1 surround headsets are USB-only, not bluetooth (unless I'm missing a model). Also, they are virtual surround, obviously, not actual surround. However, they still work very nicely.

I've been using the Playstation PULSE Wireless Headset with my Wii U. This headset is primarily used over USB (and doesn't work that way on the Wii U). However, it also has 3.5mm jacks (both on the headset itself, and on the USB wireless adaptor). So you can connect the gamepad to either of these and use it that way.

Sound quality is really good, especially the bass, and the headset comes with several balancing pre-sets that you can cycle through.

riverfr0zen

Nintendo Network ID: siriusbee | Twitter: baigey

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

28. Posted:

riverfr0zen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya. They have a 7.1 surround sound headset for PS3, that's bluetooth. I don't see why Wii U couldn't have one. No one has seriouslt seen a 7.1 surround sound WIRED headset at least? They have headsets out the a** at Best Buy, even going up to $300 in price for those little s***s

Um, first of all, the PS 7.1 surround headsets are USB-only, not bluetooth (unless I'm missing a model). Also, they are virtual surround, obviously, not actual surround. However, they still work very nicely.

I've been using the Playstation PULSE Wireless Headset with my Wii U. This headset is primarily used over USB (and doesn't work that way on the Wii U). However, it also has 3.5mm jacks (both on the headset itself, and on the USB wireless adaptor). So you can connect the gamepad to either of these and use it that way.

Sound quality is really good, especially the bass, and the headset comes with several balancing pre-sets that you can cycle through.

Cool. Good to know. I haven't looked up any specs or reviews on those(the Pulse ones that I was saying, and you mentioned, too), but I just assumed they were better than you stated. I should have figured since those Pulse headsets are $100, which kills the $200-300 in terms of price. I would mainly be using the headsets for the surround(not a big fan of chat with random people). Well since Christmas is over, I'll probably be going to Best Buy soon to pick up a bad a$$ reciever that I will probably never have to replace, so I won't even need a surround sound headset. $20 or less headphones w/ mics are the way to go for now everyone, until a REAL headset come out.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintex

29. Posted:

does anyone know if there are any headsets that will double as headphones for any game i choose to play? I only have digital audio out on my tv and no headphone jack. Headphones on the gamepad work fine but only if i'm playing the game via the gamepad. I want to listen to my games in headphones as i play on the tv and not the gamepad. Is there anything that allows this?

Saving the world 1 game at a time

Some of my fav franchises- F-zero Mario Kart Monster Hunter, Pokemon Waverace 1080 Extreme-G Metroid Resident Evil

3DS FC: 5198 3400 1425 (add me!)
PKM FC 1507 3524 8824
WiiU Nintendo ID: NINTEX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

30. Posted:

Schprocket wrote:

I personally don't know of any USB headsets that work with the Wii U but what's the intent, regular game audio or just in-game chat?
If just regular game audio, plug it into a regular USB port and see what happens. USB is standard so it's down to whether the console's operating system will detect and use it.
If it's for in-game chat then that's going to be game-dependent as well.

Really? I was thinking in-game chat. I would have thought Nintendo was building in a standard framework for voice support this time around - aren't achievements the only "roll your own" aspect on Wii U?

If USB headsets aren't supported how are the Wii U headsets I've seen in shops connected - Bluetooth?

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

riverfr0zen

31. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Cool. Good to know. I haven't looked up any specs or reviews on those(the Pulse ones that I was saying, and you mentioned, too), but I just assumed they were better than you stated. I should have figured since those Pulse headsets are $100, which kills the $200-300 in terms of price. I would mainly be using the headsets for the surround(not a big fan of chat with random people). Well since Christmas is over, I'll probably be going to Best Buy soon to pick up a bad a$$ reciever that I will probably never have to replace, so I won't even need a surround sound headset. $20 or less headphones w/ mics are the way to go for now everyone, until a REAL headset come out.

Just a note that almost every 'surround' headset out there is going to be 'virtual surround' (rather than hardware surround). From what I've heard, the few hardware surround headsets that you may come across, actually don't work as well as the virtual methods. Of course, nothing will replace a receiver (but do some reasearch there first, I've read there are some caveats).

riverfr0zen

Nintendo Network ID: siriusbee | Twitter: baigey

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jellitoe

32. Posted:

Think of getting these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0PG0H35127

Jellitoe

Twitter: jellitoe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shrapmo

33. Posted:

@Jellitoe
I totally want those!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u