Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U has more power

Showing 1 to 20 of 80

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

1. Posted:

So there's still this half rumour thing going around arguing about whether or not the Wii U will be able to display more detail than the HD systems. So let's settle this once and for all........... how much of a visual gap is there between the Wii U, 360 and PS3?
Wii U: http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/4/9/1/3/3/9/Wi...
360: http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/4/9/1/3/3/9/36...
PS3: http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/4/9/1/3/3/9/PS...

Open them all in seperate tabs and see what the difference is. What more needs to be said? (source)

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

2. Posted:

Well of course it has. I've never doubted that.

Just the fact that early WiiU games look as good or even better than late Ps3/360 games is a big deal, and games are gonna look a lot better than this later on when developers are accustom to the systems new hardware.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

3. Posted:

Works for me!

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

4. Posted:

Well obviously, but one screenshot isn't a good indication of power

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jamouse

5. Posted:

But how well will it stack up against the PS4?

Jamouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

6. Posted:

Jamouse wrote:

But how well will it stack up against the PS4?

Probably OK. According to most rumors it's the next Xbox that's looking to be a powerhouse of a console.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

7. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Well of course it has. I've never doubted that.

Just the fact that early WiiU games look as good or even better than late Ps3/360 games is a big deal, and games are gonna look a lot better than this later on when developers are accustom to the systems new hardware.

Yet nothing on Wii U have touched Halo 4 or The Last of US yet.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

8. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Well of course it has. I've never doubted that.

Just the fact that early WiiU games look as good or even better than late Ps3/360 games is a big deal, and games are gonna look a lot better than this later on when developers are accustom to the systems new hardware.

Yet nothing on Wii U have touched Halo 4 or The Last of US yet.

Key word: yet.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

9. Posted:

Lan wrote:

Well obviously, but one screenshot isn't a good indication of power

The same and a fairly recent game running with a higher level of detail with similar framerates at launch. I think that's a fairly good indication that it's more capable than the 360 and PS3. Not saying it's significantly more powerful, that it's doing what the PS4/720 may do or that it's on par with a high end PC. All I'm saying is that clearly it's capable of more than the 360/PS3 have been doing.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

10. Posted:

Why is it a good thing that the Wii U can run a game cutscene and have it look slightly better than hardware that is 6+ years old?

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DeMoN-13ruce

11. Posted:

becuase graphics do not matter

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

12. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

[
Yet nothing on Wii U have touched Halo 4 or The Last of US yet.

Those are very hard games to compare to though, they're late exclusive titles. What we'd need is probably a exclusive Nintendo title that has a relatively big focus on visual performance. NSMB.U is obviously not pushing any boundaries and Pikmin 3 is essentially a upgraded Wii port.

Maybe RETRO Studios new game will outperform Halo 4 or the Last of Us, who knows. The WiiU certainly has the hardware to outdo both.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

13. Posted:

and that's why all games are played with only a black screen.

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

14. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Why is it a good thing that the Wii U can run a game cutscene and have it look slightly better than hardware that is 6+ years old?

because it's clearly not worse meaning that it's at the very least slightly better than the hardware in the PS3/360. Which at the very, very least is more than you could say of the Wii in comparison to the original XBox.

Given that we can at the very least almost surely expect the Wii U to be able to have games like Watch Dogs or the next GTA. That's what this really boils down to.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

15. Posted:

I'm not denying that, and we're gonna have to wait for 720/PS4 to see, but currently, there is not a big graphical jump. It's hard to say for certain, considering the point of comparison was already released over a year ago, and developers will uncover more power within the system over the next few years, but atm, when you don't consider the jump from Wii to Wii U, it's not that impressive.

We're just gonna have to wait and see.

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

16. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Lan wrote:

Well obviously, but one screenshot isn't a good indication of power

The same and a fairly recent game running with a higher level of detail with similar framerates at launch. I think that's a fairly good indication that it's more capable than the 360 and PS3. Not saying it's significantly more powerful, that it's doing what the PS4/720 may do or that it's on par with a high end PC. All I'm saying is that clearly it's capable of more than the 360/PS3 have been doing.

Well duh it's more capable. Not a single sane person on the planet is arguing that. But these screenshots don't show much, just some higher quality textures and slightly better lighting. And I wouldn't trust a third party to be showing off what the Wii U can do, leave that to Nintendo. They know how to make their hardware shine.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DeMoN-13ruce

17. Posted:

lol lastof us is greatok but halo is the same stupid stuff as cod imo....cheesy story kids online etc etc...

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

18. Posted:

Lan wrote:

And I wouldn't trust a third party to be showing off what the Wii U can do, leave that to Nintendo. They know how to make their hardware shine.

Yeah, definitely. Can't wait to see the next 3D Mario or Zelda game for the WiiU.

We shouldn't forget that Nintendo has also hired people form Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Crytek over the year. All of those devs know how to make some amazing looking titles.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

19. Posted:

Lan wrote:

skywake wrote:

Lan wrote:

Well obviously, but one screenshot isn't a good indication of power

The same and a fairly recent game running with a higher level of detail with similar framerates at launch. I think that's a fairly good indication that it's more capable than the 360 and PS3. Not saying it's significantly more powerful, that it's doing what the PS4/720 may do or that it's on par with a high end PC. All I'm saying is that clearly it's capable of more than the 360/PS3 have been doing.

Well duh it's more capable. Not a single sane person on the planet is arguing that. But these screenshots don't show much, just some higher quality textures and slightly better lighting. And I wouldn't trust a third party to be showing off what the Wii U can do, leave that to Nintendo. They know how to make their hardware shine.

Nice "no true scottsman" there. I only created this thread because I have seen a lot of articles about the Wii U questioning whether or not it is even on-par with the 360/PS3. I found this comparison and I think it's as good a demonstration as any that it definitely is more capable. So you know, end of story and all that.

Ironically I found that page via a comment in a blog post about how the Wii U was apparently less powerful than the 360 which also used screenshots to "prove" it's point. Sane people or not this is definitely something that is being said.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

20. Posted:

The people who think the Wii U won't be as powerful as 6-7 year old hardware are insane, end of story. Screenshots prove nothing. This is a great video explaining the Wii U graphics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnsG11MRE8

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1