Forums

Topic: Wii U has only 1.24GHz CPU, 550MHz graphics core

Posts 21 to 40 of 57

Ryno

Blink16 wrote:

I'm not surprised the Wii U will be weaker than the upcoming PS4 and 720 although not by much, I can still see this hurting third-party support for the Wii U though.

I don't see this really hurting third party support. Future game engines will be highly customizable for use on multiple platforms.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

the_shpydar

Who.
Cares.
(I don't even know why i clicked on another one of these "everyone's trashing the WiiU online, oh noes" threads. Or commented on it for that matter.)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

retired_account

@moomoo @IAmNotWill Yeah, I imagine that's why the ports are having performance issues; there likely needs to be some wizardry done to squeeze the most out of it. At least Nintendo's big games will look and run stellar as usual.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Discostew

Once console developers get into the routine of moving more CPU-oriented processing to the GPGPU (as opposed to PS3 development, which had developers going the opposite way, putting GPU processing on the Cell processor), these performance problems won't be nearly as bad, if bad at all. This is what PC developers have been working with for years.

I wonder though. Marcan did develop the homebrew channel for the Wii, and the Wii mode has had homebrew running on it through known methods (though no actual install methods work). What if Marcan got his information through the Wii Mode, which is meant to mimic the environment of the Wii, both software and hardware?

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Lan

Discostew wrote:

Once console developers get into the routine of moving more CPU-oriented processing to the GPGPU (as opposed to PS3 development, which had developers going the opposite way, putting GPU processing on the Cell processor), these performance problems won't be nearly as bad, if bad at all. This is what PC developers have been working with for years.

I wonder though. Marcan did develop the homebrew channel for the Wii, and the Wii mode has had homebrew running on it through known methods (though no actual install methods work). What if Marcan got his information through the Wii Mode, which is meant to mimic the environment of the Wii, both software and hardware?

If he got this info via wii mode then I'd assume the readings to be close to that of a wii, if not exactly the same. I assume he just popped it open and put some clock speed reading device on an ic

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

LzWinky

the_shpydar wrote:

Who.
Cares.
(I don't even know why i clicked on another one of these "everyone's trashing the WiiU online, oh noes" threads. Or commented on it for that matter.)

This ^^^^

It's a game system after all, not a computer. Just enjoy the dam games

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Knux

LZBirdboi wrote:

Just enjoy the dam games

What games? I don't see any games worth buying the Wii U for.

Knux

LzWinky

Knux wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

Just enjoy the dam games

Then you must be blind or are in some serious denial Sonyboy. Btw, how's your Vita faring? :3

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

xBASSxMONSTAx

LZBirdboi wrote:

Knux wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

Just enjoy the dam games

Then you must be blind or are in some serious denial Sonyboy. Btw, how's your Vita faring? :3

My vita's much improved now it's got special firmware. You know it's bad when the hackers/modders are making the console better than what the original creators are doing

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Joeynator3000

Yeah Nintendo doesn't care about graphics or power, thought we all knew this already? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

xBASSxMONSTAx

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Yeah Nintendo doesn't care about graphics or power, thought we all knew this already? lol

It seems we don't. lol

I have now stopped visiting YouTube for Wii-U game footage because most users are slagging it off and I can't deal with it anymore.
I can't wait till next year when more A+ titles arrive. We will then truly see the Wii-U shine.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

GameLord08

You do realise these numbers still tell us next to nothing about the console's true capability? Even the hacker who revealed these specs said this himself.

In other news, I could honestly care less. The Wii U has all the power that it needs - judge by what you see, not what you expect.

GameLord08

mastersworddude

GameLord08 wrote:

You do realise these numbers still tell us next to nothing about the console's true capability? Even the hacker who revealed these specs said this himself.

In other news, I could honestly care less. The Wii U has all the power that it needs - judge by what you see, not what you expect.

I see laggy last gen ports. I'm judging it until it proves me wrong.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Lan

mastersworddude wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

Laggy last gen ports made by people who don't know how to code properly for the Wii U

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Dizzy_Boy

i`d like to see 3rd party dev`s optimise their games for the WiiU, then port them on to the NextBox and PS4. But as we all know, that`ll never happen.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Ed_Rod

GPGPU

Ed_Rod

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0113-1052 | Nintendo Network ID: Ed_Rod | Twitter:

Drawdler

-All my care.
The steaming to GamePad is a big thing and everyone complaining about the Wii U itself not having a super duper graphics whatever always forget about it.
The graphics and performance are gorgeous anyway.
The power specs don't make the console.
I was playing Skylanders: Giants on my GamePad the good majority of today- and there was not one spot of lag or performance drop. Considering that the Portal has to stream to the console which has to then stream to the GamePad I would say this thing is pretty freaking powerful with all things considered, and a lot of people are just ignoring its potential so that they can feel inclined to shun it.
It seems that almost every article about the Wii U that isn't a review just complains about it not being as powerful as touted when they simply ignore the GamePad completely.

moomoo wrote:

Granted, I know very little about how this kind of stuff works, so feel free to ignore me.

Regardless, I don't see why people are worrying about this so much- as long as games run fine, it isn't really an issue, and for me, games are running fine(well, the one I did play anyway but still ).

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Joeynator3000

Lan wrote:

mastersworddude wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

Laggy last gen ports made by people who don't know how to code properly for the Wii U

I'll just add to this...ports will almost, if not always, have issues.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GameLord08

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

I'll just add to this...ports will almost, if not always, have issues.

Launch ports that have not been optimised for a next-gen console that has a significantly different architecture from other platforms will always have issues.

You don't judge a console by its multiplatform launch titles, and never should. It's beyond logical for many reasons.

GameLord08

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.