Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U hard to develop for Renegade Kid disagrees

Showing 1 to 20 of 35

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wolfgabe

1. Posted:

http://playeressence.com/random-anonymous-3rd-party-developer...

Wolfgabe

Nintendo Network ID: Wolfgabe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

2. Posted:

this link is confusing and said close to nothing outside of being a clickbait screaming child article.

Thankfully a quick look the actual Eurogamer article (and for the record, I do believe they talked to a real dev if nothing else) had the latest comment bury this whiny, hiding-behind-anon pathetic whiny mcwhiny the 3rd whiner with links of people mentioning the Wii U's actual awesome power. So my time was not wasted.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

3. Posted:

If the wii u is so hard to develop for, why are so many indie developers loving it? Don't tell me that 3rd party AAAAAAA developers with all of their money and resources are being outdone by smaller devs ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

4. Posted:

DarkwingLz wrote:

If the wii u is so hard to develop for, why are so many indie developers loving it? Don't tell me that 3rd party AAAAAAA developers with all of their money and resources are being outdone by smaller devs ;)

Nah, it's obvious that Unity is just a magic tool that makes TEH IMPOSSIBLE1!!! Wii U into being easier than making a first year Visual Basic program!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vincent294

5. Posted:

DarkwingLz wrote:

If the wii u is so hard to develop for, why are so many indie developers loving it? Don't tell me that 3rd party AAAAAAA developers with all of their money and resources are being outdone by smaller devs ;)

Definitely not hard to get a game up & running. Whether or not it's easy to get the most out of it is another thing (though that will never be very easy). I wonder if it's why so many 3rd party devs don't want to do that and play it safe w/ lower production values for the ports, or if they all put zero effort into the Wii U versions.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

6. Posted:

I think it's a way of trying to justify a corporate culture. Human beings need reasoning behind their actions. Companies don't develop for Wii U enough, not effectively and messed up opportunities when they did.

There is money to be made there - they know Nintendo will and they know 3rd parties had some great successes with the Wii that can be redone but they are too risk adverse and unimaginative to try it. So they come up with reasons to justify their corporate cognitive dissonance.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

7. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

I think it's a way of trying to justify a corporate culture. Human beings need reasoning behind their actions. Companies don't develop for Wii U enough, not effectively and messed up opportunities when they did.

There is money to be made there - they know Nintendo will and they know 3rd parties had some great successes with the Wii that can be redone but they are too risk adverse and unimaginative to try it. So they come up with reasons to justify their corporate cognitive dissonance.

↑ This... I'm still waiting for my Wiimote point and click adventure that takes 500 hours to complete ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

8. Posted:

@dumedum Well said!

Still Waiting for Zack & Wiki 2 and Elebits 2....Bah, Capcom and Konami wouldn't even attempt it. Nintendo's 3rd party titles(outside of ZombiU and The Wonderful 101) are about as creative as a wet piece of toast. Without Nintendo's Exclusives, the Wii U is essentially an XBOX 360 with a unique controller.

Maybe Nintendo should start making 8-16 bit games again, then these silly developers would jump on board and take daring imaginative crazy risks because the games wouldn't cost an arm & a leg to developer for, like the good ol' days. ;)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

9. Posted:

cmon, Capcom fails to get (worth even existing) games for some of their more popular franchises, you think there's any chance they'd make a sequel to Zack and Wiki? :p

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

10. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

cmon, Capcom fails to get (worth even existing) games for some of their more popular franchises, you think there's any chance they'd make a sequel to Zack and Wiki? :p

Tis' true. Mega Man & Ghosts 'n Goblins don't mesh in with the western BroShooter/Zombie Smasher crowd so they probably wouldn't chance either. Meanwhile they can't even give us a proper old School Survivor horror RE game without tossing in some mindless shooter episodic filler for the western kiddies. Plus, to extend the game because capcom is just lazy.

And for the trillionth time, what in the hell happened to power stone? Viewtiful Joe was also a super-innovative sidescroller, but all of those games sold piss poor so its no surprise why they haven't whipped up a sequel. They've tried quite a few times but poor little Joe just couldn't make a dent in sales because gamers, these days quite frankly suck and keep resorting to the tried and true popular franchises instead of jumping into the unknown.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

11. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

BroShooter/Zombie Smasher

Are you man enough to shoot/stab face. A game with a title like that would sell millions and become a long drawn out franchise... We might as well just call it Game Of The Decade Edition before it even gets created ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

12. Posted:

Maybe it's just the game they developed. I understand some games on the Wii U would be harder.
In fairness, all Renegade Kid has done was port a 3DS to Wii U.
I'm sure a game like ZombiU or maybe Arkham City Origins would be somewhat of a challenge on the Wii U.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Peach64

13. Posted:

As I said in the comments on the news item, Renegade Kid as never worked on anything but Nintendo consoles until porting Mutant Mudds in the last couple of months. They've never ported a game from PS3 or 360 to Wii U. The DF article does not say Wii U is hard to develop for, it says it's hard to port to. It clearly says that exclusive games built ground up to take advantage of it's architecture can be great. People are acting like children, getting the original message confused and then defending with stuff like this which in no way goes against the what the article says.

Peach64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

14. Posted:

Just your average run-of-the-mill clickbait articles... It looks like this year will be the same as last year with more garbage churned out over the interwebs towards the gullible gaming masses ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

15. Posted:

MAB wrote:

Just your average run-of-the-mill clickbait articles... It looks like this year will be the same as last year with more garbage churned out over the interwebs towards the gullible gaming masses ;)

i'm still baffled by all of these NintenZoids that take the bait and continuously go into TriForce defense mode to defend their precious little white box of U wonders. It's the same crap over and over again. I don't even bother reading the slew of TechZoid mini-novels that extend downwards from the text filled NintenEiffel tower. Its much more suitable to troll it up in fashion. ;)

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

16. Posted:

Yeah I don't see why people get bent out of shape. I got a Wii U to play games on and I do that; I don't feel the need to evangelise or care if someone says "but some shooter game you aren't interested in isn't on it! You should get a Playstation Bone, man!"

It could be hard to port to or not - who cares?

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

17. Posted:

If Capcom can give me a Monster Hunter 5 for Wii U using the Panta Rhei engine then I won't need anything else ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpookyMeths

18. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

As I said in the comments on the news item, Renegade Kid as never worked on anything but Nintendo consoles until porting Mutant Mudds in the last couple of months. They've never ported a game from PS3 or 360 to Wii U. The DF article does not say Wii U is hard to develop for, it says it's hard to port to. It clearly says that exclusive games built ground up to take advantage of it's architecture can be great. People are acting like children, getting the original message confused and then defending with stuff like this which in no way goes against the what the article says.

So there's even less reason to take any of this seriously.

Eurogamer posted an intentionally misleading click-bait article that really didn't say anything important anyway. It was just self-validating for people who already had a negative opinion of the Wii U.

Edited on by SpookyMeths

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

64supermario

19. Posted:

MAB wrote:

If Capcom can give me a Monster Hunter 5 for Wii U using the Panta Rhei engine then I won't need anything else ;)

First we need Monster Hunter 4 outside of Japan :I

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter: bigbossjelly

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LegatoSkyheart

20. Posted:

One of the major complaints from Developers on WiiU was the WiiU's CPU being Underclocked. Renegade Kid has experience with the DS and 3DS handhelds which have underclocked or just slow cpus.
So They know what to do in regards to the hardware. It's probably the same reason why Wayfoward has said nothing bad about the WiiU hardware (yet).

Another complaint wasn't actually the hardware itself as it was that there wasn't an tools or examples from Nintendo to help development go faster and smoother. The Developers could make the game work on the WiiU, but a lot of time was being wasted in the process and it just got really costly. Smaller Dev Companies got Tools like Unity and such to work with, Major Dev Companies got cryptic answers and excuses.

This is probably why we see a lot more Indie Developers support WiiU and Less Major 3rd Party Devs for WiiU.

LegatoSkyheart